Wrigley Night 2 GA line?

2»

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    mcgruff10 said:
    The whole point of ga was to let different people up front and time and time again we hear of people leaving show number one and immediately lining up for show number two. It seems rather unfair to me especially since they aren’t allowed to line up until 8am today.  However we now have unofficial lines? I just don’t get it. 

We must not question those who line up for GA every show.  They and their methods are above reproach. 

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    +1....but I guess I get it. It's the same with the merch. What makes their shows bigger events? Lines. 5-6 days of lines. What happens when people wait in lines? They have a tendency to buy more crap to justify having waited in such a line for several hours. 

When PJ comes to town and the news pick up: "Fans line up 4 days in advance of Pearl Jam show" that makes the event that much bigger. It piques the interest of some that may have just thought the band that sang Jeremy and Black is coming to town.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • PJ-Cubs said:
    I really wish they would move to the system that Bruce uses with the random drawing for the GA line.
    Pre-line lines, unofficial lines, lists, people cutting in with their friends, it is all too much for me.
    EV even said on Saturday that he was seeing a lot of familiar faces in the front.  I get that a lot of those people “earn” those spots by getting there early but I have also heard of a lot of others who know how to work the system to protect “their” spot on the rail.
    I’d hope if you put in the time no one would move you out of your ‘rail’ spot. That being said crowd shots of the first few rows on the big screen showed what i anticipated...people so exhausted or just plain not energetic because of waiting in the GA line that they look like extras filming a scene in ‘The Walking Dead’. Let me know who works the system, I’d love to meet them. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    PJ-Cubs said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    I really wish they would move to the system that Bruce uses with the random drawing for the GA line.
    Pre-line lines, unofficial lines, lists, people cutting in with their friends, it is all too much for me.
    EV even said on Saturday that he was seeing a lot of familiar faces in the front.  I get that a lot of those people “earn” those spots by getting there early but I have also heard of a lot of others who know how to work the system to protect “their” spot on the rail.
    This x1000. Solves so many problems.
    My wife and I thought it was funny that EV spent a few minutes on Saturday talking about the people who had camped out for the rail.  I guess he did not get the memo about no line-up until 8am.
    Ha. Even Ed has no idea how it can be enforced. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited August 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    The whole point of ga was to let different people up front and time and time again we hear of people leaving show number one and immediately lining up for show number two. It seems rather unfair to me especially since they aren’t allowed to line up until 8am today.  However we now have unofficial lines? I just don’t get it. 

We must not question those who line up for GA every show.  They and their methods are above reproach. 

I can’t imagine burning four vacation days just to wait in a line just to be 10 feet closer than the guy lined up just as the doors entered. 
    Boss: “Hey mike how was your time off, what did you do?”
    ”Oh man I sat in this one concrete spot for 72 hours so I could get rail at a 3 hour show.  But the show sucked because they didn’t play enough of the hits and scratched evil little goat off the set list. I can’t wait for the next tour so I can do it again!”
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    PJ-Cubs said:
    I’d hope if you put in the time no one would move you out of your ‘rail’ spot. That being said crowd shots of the first few rows on the big screen showed what i anticipated...people so exhausted or just plain not energetic because of waiting in the GA line that they look like extras filming a scene in ‘The Walking Dead’. Let me know who works the system, I’d love to meet them. 
    Every band has their “rail pigs” who wait in lines for days.  Eddie isn’t the only one that has to look at the same faces up front. 

I cant wait in lines for 7-8 hours.  My health won’t allow it.  Hell, I’m not sure what being in the pit will do to me, but I gotta try. I’ve heard pretty good things about the fans in the pit, the respect, and looking out for others that should be happening. Of course, douchbaggery is everywhere and I’m sure, present in the pit.  But we can all help each other. Even down there. 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    mcgruff10 said:

Or just not be a dick about it?
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Walked up at 8am and am 3 blocks down, about 120 people.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    pjl44 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Or just not be a dick about it?

I don't think I was a dick about it.  I was being jealous about it. Anyone who can kill 2-3 days sitting on a sidewalk must have a pretty good life.  I wouldn't expect someone working 60-70 hours a week to finally get time off and spend it on pavement.
    Already reports of people cutting the ga line on Facebook. Pictures of the people and all. I wonder if they frequent the boards. 
  • JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    I’m going to meet some friends for lunch. Have some beers and catch up. Get in line at 4, be 20 people deep(super wet) and watch a hell of a show. Don’t need any rail stress. 
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    mcgruff10 said:
    Already reports of people cutting the ga line on Facebook. Pictures of the people and all. I wonder if they frequent the boards. 
    Link? I’m not seeing this? 
    I believe you, just curious to check it out 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Jvollman said:
    I’m going to meet some friends for lunch. Have some beers and catch up. Get in line at 4, be 20 people deep(super wet) and watch a hell of a show. Don’t need any rail stress. 
    Smart approach. Can’t imagine spending the entire day in line with so many other fun things to do leading up to the show. I’d much rather spend my time hanging with friends over a beer. To each their own. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    Link? I’m not seeing this? 
    I believe you, just curious to check it out 
    Group: Pearl Jam at Wrigley Field!
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    edited August 2018
    We joined the line at 4:45pm on Saturday and were ~13 people back dead center. And that’s after we took our time walking into the GA pit.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    We got in GA line around 2:30 on Saturday and we were about 8 people back in front of Jeff. Not sure when we’ll get in line today. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,957
    100 Pacer said:
    We joined the line at 4:45pm on Saturday and were ~13 people back dead center. And that’s after we took our time walking into the GA pit.
    I must have been pretty close to you in line.  I think I left Sluggers at 4:30 or so, walked to the back of the line, got merch inside and ended up about 15 deep right in front of Mike....good times!
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    100 Pacer said:
    This is my plan for tonight. Talked to someone at the Navy Pier yesterday who said they got in line right as the doors opened and got about 20 deep
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • To the lady on Saturday in thefront of the  line that told  me she was here at 8AM.  Ha!  I was here at 715 today and I will be lucky in 3rs row.