Options

Cover some Cornell!!!

I love this band and group of guys, have been to 35 shows last one in Padova Ita.  But i am somewhat let down by the lack of songs for or by their close friend Chris.  The song " seasons " would be just absolutly amazing by PJ.....   Covering the who, uncle Neil, Pink floyd etc is great but its also has run its course.  " Out shined " would be fukn sick!!!.   Im just confused on why there has been nothing mostly.  They played a riff from soundgarden, really..??   if its still hard for them i get it, i do trust me.  Playing " as hope and promise fade " would really help all of us celebrate the late great Chris Cornell. Enjoy the shows see you in Boston ( superman and wonder woman shirts is me and my wife ) 
Son of Jor-El

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Could be too soon for the band. Tough to say. But at some point it would be great to see them do some Soundgarden covers. 
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,373
    I will have my black Cornell shirt in Boston dead center 10th row (ASSUMING IT COMES IN TIME!!?!).
    I would love to hear My Wave (I think Ed would crush this) or anything soundgarden.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I love this band and group of guys, have been to 35 shows last one in Padova Ita.  But i am somewhat let down by the lack of songs for or by their close friend Chris.  The song " seasons " would be just absolutly amazing by PJ.....   Covering the who, uncle Neil, Pink floyd etc is great but its also has run its course.  " Out shined " would be fukn sick!!!.   Im just confused on why there has been nothing mostly.  They played a riff from soundgarden, really..??   if its still hard for them i get it, i do trust me.  Playing " as hope and promise fade " would really help all of us celebrate the late great Chris Cornell. Enjoy the shows see you in Boston ( superman and wonder woman shirts is me and my wife ) 
    What's there to be confused about?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Clark KentClark Kent Posts: 159
    RS65573 said:
    I will have my black Cornell shirt in Boston dead center 10th row (ASSUMING IT COMES IN TIME!!?!).
    I would love to hear My Wave (I think Ed would crush this) or anything soundgarden.
    My wave..  agreed.
    Son of Jor-El
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I think I'm OK with band not covering Cornell. Heck, I didn't even know him and I couldn't listen to any of his music for months. Let's leave it up to them.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    “Zero Chance” would be cool but i cant see this happening.  

• Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,833
    I respect the bands decision either way.  But man if they covered the song Seasons!  Epic.
  • Options
    EB218946 said:
    I respect the bands decision either way.  But man if they covered the song Seasons!  Epic.
    RIGHT!!!!!!!! its perfect.
    Son of Jor-El
  • Options
    rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 305
    I would imagine the closest they would come to a Cornell "cover" is playing Hunger Strike with a guest vocalist. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    What's there to be confused about?
    I feel like some people are treating the band like clowns: entertain me clown 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    When they play footsteps just close your eyes and think that it is times of trouble.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    When they play footsteps just close your eyes and think that it is times of trouble.  
    Thats such a good idea.  Love that song.  My wife always get them crossed when they begin, its so cute.
    Son of Jor-El