Pearl Jam: 'Home & Away' Exhibit at MoPOP

Comments

• ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Chadplam said:
    So I'm going to Seattle with 2 friends, with the 10c offer I can only buy tickets will my second friend be able to buy at the kiosk day of or something? 

To confirm my previous suspicion, I checked with a couple of people during my shift today. There is a strict two ticket max for Ten Club members (just like with any show). Unfortunately there will not be any way to purchase a ticket on site for the second friend to access the PJ exhibition. They can purchase a regular priced ticket to see the museum galleries that are currently open, but I know that's not the answer you were hoping for. Since this is something being set up by Ten Club, they were very specific about ticket maximum, etc. There is no flexibility for us to make an exception. Sorry I didn't have better news for you!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Thanks so much for the info...
    I'd love to take advantage of seeing the new exhibit during the day,
    so I can watch the show performance in the Sky Church that evening!! :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

You're quite welcome! Glad to have some good news to share!  :)
  • RosinhaaaRosinhaaa Posts: 27
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kasedoug said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kasedoug said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Rosinhaaa said:
    Guys, what's the advantage to visit the exhibit in Aug 9th? Is only the Sky Church?
    Anyone received the instructions about the visit in this day or will notice only Aug 1st?
    Are you referring to the exclusive 10c event that evening or just early access in general? The 10c event is from 9pm-1am and you'll see the streaming of Night 1's performance in Sky Church plus you'll have exclusive access to the new exhibition. 
    As I understand it from the July newsletter, we also have admission to rest of the museum during the day between 10a-7p. Are we allowed to visit the PJ exhibit during those hours as well?
    Access to the PJ exhibition outside of the lottery they held for the private event on the 9th will be offered to 10c members who purchased tickets for the dates of August 8 and 10. The hours will be from 7am until 7pm (I believe) and then again from 11pm-2am after the show. Special museum tickets purchased through the 10c will allow you early entry on the 8th and 10th beginning at 7am before we open to the public, just not access to the event on the 9th. For those attending the event on the 9th, that's from 9pm until 1am and that's when they'll screen night one's performance at Sky Church. Hope this makes sense!
    From the July newsletter. It mentions that our tickets for the event on the evening of the 9th also includes MoPOP admission during the day. Wondering if we could see the PJ exhibit if we utilize the admission during the day. I understand we have exclusive access during the screening.

That's a great question. I know some of the info distributed has been vague and somewhat confusing, and the screen shot you attached is a perfect example because it's not very clear. I will see if I can find out something definite tomorrow as far as entering the gallery during the day on Thursday for anyone who won tickets to the screening. I'll let you know if I can get clarification.
    Now is very clear! During the screening I can visit the exhibition :)
    Thanks!
    @Apoteose, Rio de Janeiro 12.04.2005 - @MSG, New York 05.20.2010 - @Morumbi, São Paulo 11.04.2011 - @Apoteose, Rio de Janeiro 11.06.2011 - @Estadio Unico de La Plata, Buenos Aires 11.13.2011 - @Lollapalooza Brazil, São Paulo 03.31.2013 - @Morumbi, São Paulo 11.14.2015 - @Mineirão, Belo Horizonte 11.20.2015 - @Maracanã, Rio de Janeiro 11.22.2015
    You're very welcome. At least now you know you have the option of seeing it during the screening or earlier that day!  =)
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    Hi Zelda, I was fortunate to get tickets to the screening event, but am also interested in checking out the other exhibits (particularly the Marvel one) do you happen to know if those ones will be open on the 9th from 9pm-1am? If not, I'm thinking that we might pick up the tickets early, see the Marvel exhibit, then go to dinner, and come back at 9pm. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
    mwplum said:
    Hi Zelda, I was fortunate to get tickets to the screening event, but am also interested in checking out the other exhibits (particularly the Marvel one) do you happen to know if those ones will be open on the 9th from 9pm-1am? If not, I'm thinking that we might pick up the tickets early, see the Marvel exhibit, then go to dinner, and come back at 9pm. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Hello! Congrats on winning tickets to the screening event. It will be a fun night! On the evening of the screening, there will be limited access to the other exhibits. I believe the only ones that will be open in addition to Pearl Jam will include Infinite Worlds of Science Fiction, Fantasty Worlds of Myth and Magic, and Scared to Death: The Thrill of Horror Film. Since you are planning to check out Marvel, you would definitely want to see that during regular business hours that day. Other possible exhibitions you might want to check out during regular hours would include Nirvana, Hendrix Wild Blue Angel, and Indie Game Revolution as well as Sound Lab and Holodome. Hope this helps out, and let me know if you have any other questions!   
  • zeldazonk. is there a smoking lounge at the museum or does one get a hand stamp and go in and out for smokes? or?
    same question for sky church viewing thursday evening   :)
    if you know. ty
  • CDEANSEATTLECDEANSEATTLE Seattle Posts: 33
    Will the Home show beer from Georgetown brewery be at the screening event? 
    And thanks for all the clarity thru murky event descriptions to Zelda! 
  • posted one ticket for sale in lost dogs if anyone is looking.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    The Sky Church room for the screening looks pretty impressive. Getting excited!
    zeldazonk. is there a smoking lounge at the museum or does one get a hand stamp and go in and out for smokes? or?
    same question for sky church viewing thursday evening   :)
    if you know. ty
    Hey! The museum does not have a smoking lounge, so anyone wishing to smoke will have to exit the building for a bit and then return. As for the viewing in Sky Church, I don't think it will be different unless there were special arrangements made with the Ten Club during the contract agreement. I would be prepared to go outside for smoke breaks, though. One week away!  :)
    tschav said:
    The Sky Church room for the screening looks pretty impressive. Getting excited!
    It's a very cool space. In fact, we have a lot of live shows in Sky Church, Founders Awards Ceremonies, and even high school proms book Sky Church for their events. I think you'll like it!
    Will the Home show beer from Georgetown brewery be at the screening event? 
    And thanks for all the clarity thru murky event descriptions to Zelda! 
    You're very welcome! I haven't heard anything about what types of alcohol will be at the screening party, but it would not surprise me to see it there. I'm not sure if they're mainly saving it for the shows at Safeco or not, but they might possibly have some for the event. Fingers crossed!
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    @ZeldaZonk Your level of commitment to customer service is unparalleled. I greatly appreciate all of the information you have provided. I hope your employers value you and are compensated accordingly. Hell, they should give you a bonus merely on the basis of keeping this information confidential for months prior to an official announcement. I trust you have the evening of the ninth off and can enjoy the screening with fellow fans. Rock on!
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    So looks like if you won screening tickets - gives you MoPOP admission that day as well but no other special exhibitions (Marvel) and can't but that separately - oh well!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

Hobbes said:
    @ZeldaZonk Your level of commitment to customer service is unparalleled. I greatly appreciate all of the information you have provided. I hope your employers value you and are compensated accordingly. Hell, they should give you a bonus merely on the basis of keeping this information confidential for months prior to an official announcement. I trust you have the evening of the ninth off and can enjoy the screening with fellow fans. Rock on!
    Thank you for such an awesome compliment! Your sincere message really made my day, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You can't imagine how hard it was to keep that big of a secret before the official announcement was made! I kept asking if there was an idea of when it would be announced because it was driving me crazy not to say anything. I made sure to take some time off next week so that I can enjoy all the festivities, so fear not. It's going to be such a fantastic time for all of us!  ;)  
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I don't suppose there's anyway to sneak in on the 9th?  The only real free time we have to go is on the 9th and we're gonna check out the marvel exhibit.  Would of been awesome to check out the pj exhibit at the same time.
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    Haha, I doubt you'll get a response from Zelda on that one. I guess you could always hide in the bathroom from 7-9pm but that's a risky venture (and a shitty one..pardon the pun)
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
    mwplum said:
    Haha, I doubt you'll get a response from Zelda on that one. I guess you could always hide in the bathroom from 7-9pm but that's a risky venture (and a shitty one..pardon the pun)
        :rofl:
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    edited August 2018
    found my answer.
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    Today's the day! First people allowed into the exhibition are media/press and then our museum members. Don't be surprised if people start posting pics on social media after they see it. Very exciting!
    Spent a good 30-40 minutes in the gallery after my shift today. You guys are going to love it! So many gems.
    And the answer to the burning question from everyone is found here
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    So cool! Can't wait. I'm going Friday morning.
    You won't be disappointed.
  • Guys, I have a spare tix to August 9th, someone interested please send a PM. Thanks
    @Apoteose, Rio de Janeiro 12.04.2005 - @MSG, New York 05.20.2010 - @Morumbi, São Paulo 11.04.2011 - @Apoteose, Rio de Janeiro 11.06.2011 - @Estadio Unico de La Plata, Buenos Aires 11.13.2011 - @Lollapalooza Brazil, São Paulo 03.31.2013 - @Morumbi, São Paulo 11.14.2015 - @Mineirão, Belo Horizonte 11.20.2015 - @Maracanã, Rio de Janeiro 11.22.2015