Options

'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    I'm glad the NEED for merch, specifically a poster, has passed me by. Don't get me wrong, I still want to get a poster and when i'm at Wrigley this year, I hope to get one.  But I'm not waiting in a line for longer than 30 min.  If anyone wants to wait for hours, go for it.  I'd just rather do other things.  

Fenway in 2016 was perfect.  I went to night 2 and got into Boston on the off day in between.  I was hanging out at Boston Beer Works across from one of the merch stands.  Once I saw that there was no line, I strolled right over and got a poster and whatever else without waiting.  It'd be nice if Wrigley is like this, but I was told that it was tough in '16
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 349
    Only about 50 in line now
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,105
    RP112579 said:
    Maybe she's getting stuff for all the assholes who come in here and on Facebook begging people to get them stuff. PAYPAL READY!
    now u said that,,alot doing this,,get all merch double,for exable seattle and a friend do the same lets say in fenway..and they trade all.posters,stickers,shirts etc..thats a way to get stuff face value in a show didnt go
    At the expense of a fan that did go....but if they are selling it and not limiting it more, it’s certainly within their rights to go ahead and do it. Just not really all that cool in my opinion. But then again, the band and the merch peddlers never asked my opinion :)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    edited August 2018
    Given2Fly said:
    pigeon said:
    Ok, this might of been answered already I tried to read all comments but is this cash only?
    I'm going with 100% positive that's a no, with no exact knowledge of whether it's truth or not. No way they don't take cards though with the $3k transaction from ebay flippers and the $1500/$2300 transactions from *cough* "collectors."
    I paid with my credit card $118!

She paid with  cash, all on video:
    [removed by Admin. Please see the Posting Guidelines]
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    Man when I was younger, the show was more important than merch. Nobody bought merch back then, because they you couldn't afford and it was more important to be as close as possible. Seems like the music comes after the merch now. I am not saying I do not buy merch, but I would not waste a beautiful day in Seattle, and I would not be in the line when the band is on stage just so I can buy something.
    Yup. While I still feel the “want”...I can control it better now ;)

missed out on a rome poster (wanted it for my 10 year olds first pj show) but we spent an amazing day at the Vatican and other places in Rome instead. She still says she wishes she could have gotten one for her room but that we had a much better day and standing in line for hours would have been a waste. I agree. She’s smarter than I was at 10....or even up until Wrigley 2013
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

RP112579 said:
    link93 said:
    Merch jumped the shark a few years ago. I'm happy to get a poster and a shirt if I can.  I don't worry about what anyone else is doing. Life is too short for that. 
    words to live by! 
    Words to live by, but you were literally worrying about what some what else was doing :lol:
    Weak, I know!
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,389
    edited August 2018
    Given2Fly said:
    pigeon said:
    Ok, this might of been answered already I tried to read all comments but is this cash only?
    I'm going with 100% positive that's a no, with no exact knowledge of whether it's truth or not. No way they don't take cards though with the $3k transaction from ebay flippers and the $1500/$2300 transactions from *cough* "collectors."

You actually filmed that? Lol

Post edited by Sea on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    This thread reminded me why Donald Trump is president.

I hope no violence befalls the fan from Mexico or anyone in her traveling party while they're in Seattle.

If so, I've got lots of screenshots of evidence for suspects to send to the Seattle PD -- that is, if they would even care. I mean, the U.S.'s mission is to use fear as a deterrent, right? Getting your ass kicked for spending your hard-earned cash while on vacation seems like it fits the current policy.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    Man when I was younger, the show was more important than merch. Nobody bought merch back then, because they you couldn't afford and it was more important to be as close as possible. Seems like the music comes after the merch now. I am not saying I do not buy merch, but I would not waste a beautiful day in Seattle, and I would not be in the line when the band is on stage just so I can buy something.
    Hopefully in 2019 they will sell a VIP package where I can watch the show from the merch tent, while snuggling with my thousands of dollars worth of meeeeeeeeeerch!! It's all insane. I do hope to grab a shirt and a poster this week though.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    Given2FlyGiven2Fly Seattle Posts: 168
    dankind said:

I hope no violence befalls the fan from Mexico or anyone in her traveling party while they're in Seattle.

If so, I've got lots of screenshots of evidence for suspects to send to the Seattle PD -- that is, if they would even care. I mean, the U.S.'s mission is to use fear as a deterrent, right? Getting your ass kicked for spending your hard-earned cash while on vacation seems like it fits the current policy.
    I'm as liberal as they come and this is a crazy ass leap to make.. heh.
  • Options
    EugeneEugene Posts: 114
    dankind said:

Wtf?
  • Options
    dankind said:

Did someone suggest this?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    If you bought 1 of everything... would it add up to $1,500 or $2,300?

And spending that much to just keep it is very strange behavior.  Especially multiple people in the same party.  It looks like many items were purchased in triplicate to several.  

And working through a line that is multiple hours long, people should have the self-awareness not to perform a 40-minute transaction x3.  Grab the posters or a few other items you deem to be "in demand", step away, and clean up on the remainder of the stuff later when there is time.  

These situations are why I no longer participate in anything merch.  
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited August 2018
    So she keeps all that stuff? 
    As i said, huge collector, very well respected fan in pj community. 
    And For sure the pj flippers are not fans from mexico.  its an  inside job, no need tot built a wall. 
    I stand corrected, someone said they were from Brazil.  Doesn't matter where they are from, their behavior was disgusting.  Fan or not, it was absolutely obscene the amount of stuff she and the other individuals in her group purchased.  I saw them gather 4 huge orders.  Respected? Yeah, I'm sure they are keeping all that stuff for themselves.  "pj flippers are not fans from mexico" LOL, hahahaha!  Ok, whatever you say!

sure,,u saw someone first time in your life and u know better than someone  knows her for years..
    if someone else in the future thinks they know u and what u doing and films u and bush u in social media..im sure u will feel great
    I never said I know these people better than you.  I'm sure they are great "respectful" folks.  It didn't seem like they were respectful of me and the other people in line behind them.  Especially when one in their party came and joined them and made another huge order in front of us.  She was writing down lists of items for the other guys to purchase.  Yeah, your right!!  Totally respectful folks!  

If your story is accurate... there's no respecting that behaviour. Especially the 'cut in line and re-order' part.
    Post edited by Sea on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dankind said:

Really?  You read through this and think, "Now I remember why Donald Trump is President"? 

Come on now, this thread is bad enough, no need to bring politics in.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    dankind said:

I swear every time I don't think it can get dumber around here someone else chimes in. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,064
    edited August 2018
    And For sure the pj flippers are not fans from mexico.  its an  inside job, no need tot built a wall. 
    I stand corrected, someone said they were from Brazil.  Doesn't matter where they are from, their behavior was disgusting.  Fan or not, it was absolutely obscene the amount of stuff she and the other individuals in her group purchased.  I saw them gather 4 huge orders.  Respected? Yeah, I'm sure they are keeping all that stuff for themselves.  "pj flippers are not fans from mexico" LOL, hahahaha!  Ok, whatever you say!

sure,,u saw someone first time in your life and u know better than someone  knows her for years..
    if someone else in the future thinks they know u and what u doing and films u and bush u in social media..im sure u will feel great
    Dimi, I think there's a lesson here after that anti-flipper rant you went on the other day. If you and others are screaming about the damage they do, what do you think is going to happen next when someone makes multiple thousand dollar orders in a merch line?

Is someone who sells one poster at a 4x markup "worse" than someone who will do whatever necessary to collect every unique item from 7 stadium shows? If we're fretting over greed, it comes in a variety of flavors.

Personally I don't mind either activity. Neither has much, if any, impact on me. I do find it interesting, though, when morality gets squishy based on who is "ok." If you didn't know that person, I'm pretty sure you'd be thinking the same thing as everyone else. 
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    dankind said:

LOL, nothing against anyone from Mexico!  There are folks from the US that are probably worse!  It was just quite the spectacle and you get really board just standing there watching one person's  purchase for roughly 40 minutes.  Definitely thought a little shaming was in order!   
  • Options

dankind said:

Did someone suggest this?
    No, not me!
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    edited August 2018
    pjl44 said:

[image removed by Admin]
    Dimi, I think there's a lesson here after that anti-flipper rant you went on the other day. If you and others are screaming about the damage they do, what do you think is going to happen next when someone makes multiple thousand dollar orders in a merch line?

Is someone who sells one poster at a 4x markup "worse" than someone who will do whatever necessary to collect every unique item from 7 stadium shows? If we're fretting over greed, it comes in a variety of flavors.

Personally I don't mind either activity. Neither has much, if any, impact on me. I do find it interesting, though, when morality gets squishy based on who is "ok." If you didn't know that person, I'm pretty sure you'd be thinking the same thing as everyone else. 
    Of course he would.  Dude makes wild general claims like 50% of lines are flippers.  If he saw this and didn't know the person there is 0% chance he wouldn't call them a flipper.  If anyone can learn anything from this it's him.  
    Post edited by Sea on
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    edited August 2018

Given2Fly said:
    pigeon said:

Sad I know, but you get really board watching one person's purchase for like 40 minutes!!!  I should have just walked out, but I was almost next in my line and already invested several hours.  I'm weak, sad, and she is a respected pj community member!  LOL!  All good now! 
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    can I buy  the coasters and  keychain for cost off her now? that would be lovely.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Given2Fly said:
    pigeon said:

Sad I know, but you get really board watching one person's purchase for like 40 minutes!!!  I should have just walked out, but I was almost next in my line and already invested several hours.  I'm weak, sad, and she is a respected pj community member!  LOL!  All good now! 
    You know, the $ and amount of merch aside....40 minutes is the worst part of that!  Heck if they spent 40 minutes up there picking through the stickers to find the best one and that was all they bought...it would be as bad as buying $2k worth of stuff and spending 40 minutes. especialyl since your 3 friends do the same thing.
    Post edited by Sea on
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    Filming someone without their knowledge or consent for the expressed purpose of mocking them online is about as uncool as it gets.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited August 2018
    pjl44 said:

let me tell u what i see if i want to see it that way......i see someone buys pj merch,with out buy more than the allowed limit and someone behind her film her with out permition,film her ass,harass her while shopping and call her out in pj social media cos is a foreigner,,
    how about that?
    see?everyone can assume what ever they want,right?
    so,everyone can believe what ever they like..i said my opinion of something i know...nothing else to add to this
    Post edited by Sea on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RE4790 said:
    Filming someone without their knowledge or consent for the expressed purpose of mocking them online is about as uncool as it gets.
    respect your opinion, I will always work to be a better person
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    edited August 2018

Given2Fly said:
    pigeon said:

You know, the $ and amount of merch aside....40 minutes is the worst part of that!  Heck if they spent 40 minutes up there picking through the stickers to find the best one and that was all they bought...it would be as bad as buying $2k worth of stuff and spending 40 minutes. especialyl since your 3 friends do the same thing.
    We can debate what the motivations for acquiring that much quantity of stuff, or if its a clinical sickness to desire thousands of dollars worth of chotchkes for personal "consumption", many in triplicate/several... but this is the part that also gets me the most.  Its a complete lack of self-awareness and lack of empathy or caring for the people behind you in line.  
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,872
    edited August 2018

Given2Fly said:
    pigeon said:

In my book this is the definition of douchey.  This person doesn't give a rats ass about any of the other fans in line.  
    Post edited by Sea on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    dankind said:

This place gets more and more bizarre by the day. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    I'm glad the NEED for merch, specifically a poster, has passed me by. Don't get me wrong, I still want to get a poster and when i'm at Wrigley this year, I hope to get one.  But I'm not waiting in a line for longer than 30 min.  If anyone wants to wait for hours, go for it.  I'd just rather do other things.  

Fenway in 2016 was perfect.  I went to night 2 and got into Boston on the off day in between.  I was hanging out at Boston Beer Works across from one of the merch stands.  Once I saw that there was no line, I strolled right over and got a poster and whatever else without waiting.  It'd be nice if Wrigley is like this, but I was told that it was tough in '16
    Pemberton '16 is probably my favourite PJ show I've been to since 2016.   It was part of a festival and a bit out of the way (90 minutes or so from Vancouver).  PJ played an amazing set (full of awesome originals, rarities, and covers), but there was no B.S.    We got to the grounds at 5pm so we could see the other specific musicians we wanted to see.   No lineups to get in.   No lineups for merch.   The whole thing was GA, but when Noel Gallagher was done his set a bunch of people moved out, and it was super easy to get a decent spot.    It was all the greatness of PJ without any of B.S. :)  It felt old school.

There's a part of me that misses the reserved seating up front.    I have an ok 10c number, so my seats were usually decent to ok.   It made is pretty easy to show up around doors, get my poster and a tshirt, and chill out until the band started.    With the stadiums, and the GA pits being so big.  If you want a decent seat, you kind of need to go to GA.  The pits are so big, that you're pretty far back, even in the closest seats.    Thus you spend your few hours before the show lining up for GA, and keeping your spot in GA.   It makes me thing that Fenway must be ideal for shows because there is no GA :)
This discussion has been closed.