Options

Safeco GA Entry (Right Field Gate) Discussion

While the .pdf posted in the Mobile Ticket FAQ does a great job of showing the various entries to Safeco Field, I wanted to focus on those of us who have GA tickets for either night. The only entrance for GA ticket holders is the Right Field gate located on Edgar Martinez Blvd (southwest end of the stadium). I've taken some Google Map snapshots to give a better "visual" of the stadium layout and to also generate discussion on how it might all go down.

1) The first picture is a street level view of the Right Field gate. You are facing West and looking down the street/sidewalk towards 1st Ave S. I think it's a good assumption that the GA line will stretch in that direction since there is very little sidewalk left to the east, along with numerous highway entries and exits.

2) The second picture shows an aerial view of Edgar Martinez Blvd. that coincides with the .pdf map. I've traced a white line from the first picture location towards 1st Ave S. to simulate where the GA line will most likely form.

3) So, once the GA line extends beyond the intersection, what happens next? Will the line wraparound the stadium and continue going north on 1st Ave S.? Or will the line stretch across the street onto S. Atlantic St.?

4) There are bound to be many concertgoers entering Safeco from the Home Plate gate...so having the line stretch around the stadium would intersect with those trying to enter from the HP gate. There's only a 30 minute gap between GA entry time and reserved entry time so I have no doubt the GA line will still be fumbling about.

5) If in fact the GA line goes the other route (continues across the street onto S. Atlantic St.), you're starting to come pretty close to an industrialized/shipping area (Picture 3). Not sure if that presents a clear & present danger to those in line...just bringing it to everyone's attention.

My reason for posting this is two-fold: The Wrigley GA guidance is pretty straightforward...the line starts across the street from Murphy's Bleachers and will continue to meander it's way down Waveland. However, no such guidance has been given for Safeco (other than entry locations). It looks to be a MUCH larger GA area than Wrigley so it's safe to assume the line will be MUCH longer.

Just trying to get a semblance of how things might transpire the day of...that's all :)

07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
07/22/2006 - The Gorge
04/26/2016 - Lexington
08/08/2018 - Seattle
08/10/2018 - Seattle
08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
04/02/2020 - Nashville
09/16/2022 - Nashville

Comments

• Options
    That's the side where the ticket booths are.  When I've picked up tickets there, I believe the line runs to the east, the opposite direction of home plate.  We had PJ Mariner's night tickets a couple weeks ago and entered on the north side of the stadium, behind center field.  They had stanchions set up that zig zagged people in line.  I bet Safeco would do that for the show.  That would be my guess, for what it's worth.
  • Options
    Thank you for posting that info!
  • Options
    That's the side where the ticket booths are.  When I've picked up tickets there, I believe the line runs to the east, the opposite direction of home plate.  We had PJ Mariner's night tickets a couple weeks ago and entered on the north side of the stadium, behind center field.  They had stanchions set up that zig zagged people in line.  I bet Safeco would do that for the show.  That would be my guess, for what it's worth.
    I can second this. It’s an easy entrance. Park in the Safeco garage if you make it in time / can afford it for super simple access. 
    I don't want to think, I wanna feel....

2.5.95 Seattle
    9.16.96 Seattle
    7.18.98 Portland
    7.21.98 Seattle
    7.22.98 Seattle
    10.30.99 Mountain View, CA
    10.31.99 Mountain View, CA
    5.10.00 Bellingham, WA
    11.2.00 Portland, WA
    11.3.00 Boise, ID
    11.5.00 Seattle, WA