Options

So if you don't own a smart phone.......

1235»

Comments

• Options
    rjwhite19 said:
    I’ve never owned a cell phone of any kind in my life. My wife has one, kids have them, I just chose not to be tied to one.
    My husband is the same way! He doesn't want to be tied to one either, so doesn't own one. I love my little flip phone, as it's all I really need for emergency calls. (I don't text at all)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427

What's the reasoning for the no hard ticket stance? Environmental? You force say even a handful of fans to buy phones and right there you have harmed the environment way more 50,000 pieces of paper being printed. The amount of fossil fuels and other damaging environmental ingredients like the precious metals that go into making a phone surpass anything that printing out some tickets would. Not to mention we don't even know what the effects of the radiation are and probably won't for a generation.

Hey I own one, and sorry for the rant but it's just obnoxious that the expectation is we all need one. There are a lot of times I wish I didn't have one and I'm honestly envious of those who live happily without them.

A good post right there.  I won't get into my own personal rant about them, but  it is along the lines you mentioned, plus the cost of the actual phone that is designed to crap out or go obsolete within a couple years and end up in a landfill is absurd.  
    Totally and completely agree. I have one, so this won't be an issue for me, but I know several people who don't, and either for cost reasons or lifestyle reasons, getting one is not an option for them.  NO WAY should the attitude be "Oh well, guess you just have to get a smart phone", especially if you can't afford one.

I'm glad accommodations will be made for those who don't/can't have a smartphone for this.  I'd have been really disappointed in this fanclub if that wasn't true, since there was a time where I'm pretty sure folks in the band wouldn't have had the latest technology (whatever was hot in the late 80s) to participate if something similar had happened.

Well done TenClub, thank you for looking out for EVERYONE!
  • Options
    I've had the same flip phone since January of 2010.  Same original battery that I charge every 4 or so days.  My cell phone plan is $32 a month with unlimited talk and text. It can take pictures, though I'm not into the selfies anyway which would be hard with a flip phone. I can navigate by writing down directions, using a paper map, and don't mind asking for directions if I have to.  
    Right on, you do you and don't let anyone make you feel weird about it!  I love all the posts saying similar things!
  • Options
    I am truly amazed at the number of people who don't have smartphones.
    hold the phone! and let's spin this around to talk about what is truly shocking IMO  :)
    what is with society's want/need for the latest Iphone 10. i read somewhere that it cost large dollars...why do people need that? people were lined up outside the best buy the night before they went on sale...all night in line to get one. why?
    a friend of the family had to have a blu ray player as soon as they hit the market. know what he paid? over $600 for one and there weren't even a ton of movies out then. me, i waited and got my for $99 a 4 years later
    i sat in our lunch room a month ago for lunch and was shocked at the amount of younger people sitting at the one large table paying attention to no one else but had their heads bent down hanging out on social media...what is wrong with people? the young kids don't even know how to carry on a real conversation...
    my niece who is less than 10 years old is on social media. why? is that necessary? know what her dad found on her phone one day? a dick picture...and now it's major damage control
    i was at a party recently with some old HS pals who all have smart phones and one of them left his phone at another friend's house and was without a phone for the night. he stressed about it way more than he should have. it was ridiculus...
    i read very recently even the new chief dude at facebook says social media is bad for young kids yet both my neice and nephew have smart phones and are on facebook and do facetime. bullying happens mostly on social media is my guess.
    facebook is a complete waste on time. so its twitter and instagram and etc. i don't care about the latest great cat video...those are not going to make my life any richer.
    i don't have a smart phone and i will be honest the only time recently that i thought i should get one was for uber.
    anyways i am glad to be old school and could care less what people might think of my phone LOL
    rant not AT you...just a general rant about society  :)
    Yes, and not to take this thread waaay off track but I work in education, and more and more evidence is starting to appear about the actual DAMAGE that exposure to devices like smart phones, iPads, tablets at younger ages does to executive functioning, which is a critical part of brain function, problem-solving, decision-making.  My 8 yr old has friends with smart phones, so we're already having the conversation about how different families allow different things at different times.  She was allowed to do sleepovers a lot earlier than many of her friends.  She's gonna be one of the last to get a cell phone, and her tablet/laptop time (when not related to schoolwork) is non-existent during the week, only allowed on weekends.

I fear we're going to find out more and more about how damaging this exposure is.

Last thing I'll say, we got to Canada at least once every other year.  For years our cell phone plan included Canada, and we had no problems with cell service.  Last time suddenly our plans changed and we had no service.  No GPS, no internet.  And it was the BEST THING EVER (once we got over the initial shock).  We've since instituted a lot more family rules about limited cell phone time when we're out and about.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    trees said:

This 

Tickets (Ten Club)

Jan 26, 11:10 AM PST

This is no problem. If you end up getting tickets through the Ten Club pre-sale just shoot us an email explaining you don't have a smart phone and we'll get you sorted.

-10c

This is great i just wish it was announced in the tickets info when it was released.then i wouldn't have wasted my time on here trying to figure it out but all is well now .peace out

Yeah, it would've been nice if it was announced when they sent out the e-mails for the shows.

It also would've been nice if they could let us know how they will sort this out. Unless, ther is a reason why they haven't, yet?
    Because they don't want those for whom this is not a necessity trying to decide whether they like the other way better.  Really, the rule is what it is and only the folks who otherwise wouldn't be able to get their tix should be informed of what the workaround will be.  

I understand why others want to know, but others don't need to know.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    There is a price I guess for staying off the grid.  Embrace it.  
  • Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    There is a price I guess for staying off the grid.  Embrace it.  
    I do embrace it .thank you all for being inthe JAMLY

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    JH6056 said:
    cutz said:
    trees said:

This 

Tickets (Ten Club)

Jan 26, 11:10 AM PST

This is no problem. If you end up getting tickets through the Ten Club pre-sale just shoot us an email explaining you don't have a smart phone and we'll get you sorted.

-10c

This is great i just wish it was announced in the tickets info when it was released.then i wouldn't have wasted my time on here trying to figure it out but all is well now .peace out

Yeah, it would've been nice if it was announced when they sent out the e-mails for the shows.

It also would've been nice if they could let us know how they will sort this out. Unless, ther is a reason why they haven't, yet?
    Because they don't want those for whom this is not a necessity trying to decide whether they like the other way better.  Really, the rule is what it is and only the folks who otherwise wouldn't be able to get their tix should be informed of what the workaround will be.  

I understand why others want to know, but others don't need to know.
    Well, eventually, everyone will know.
  • Options
    Okay...here is where I am confused. My wife and and put in for the lottery. We put in for GA as 1st Choice and Reserve 2nd Choice. Lets say my wife wins GA and I win Reserve. Can I transfer my 2 tickets to someone else after they pay me...of course ticket value? If I can only transfer 1 ticket that really is a disservice and totally unacceptable. I know they want to cut down on scalping but If another 10 club member didn't win the lottery and I can help them out, that is what makes us fans so great. Please clarify for me? Thank You 
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    8/20/16 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1
    8/13/18 Missoula**MT WA-Grizz Stadium 
    8/18/18 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1 
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Okay...here is where I am confused. My wife and and put in for the lottery. We put in for GA as 1st Choice and Reserve 2nd Choice. Lets say my wife wins GA and I win Reserve. Can I transfer my 2 tickets to someone else after they pay me...of course ticket value? If I can only transfer 1 ticket that really is a disservice and totally unacceptable. I know they want to cut down on scalping but If another 10 club member didn't win the lottery and I can help them out, that is what makes us fans so great. Please clarify for me? Thank You 
    You can't officially transfer 2 tickets, just the +1. But you could still meet up with the couple that you're selling tickets to, and go in with them. You go in with your tickets, along with one of the people buying your tickets. Your wife goes in with her tickets along with the other person buying your tickets. That only works if you each win 2 GA tickets. If one of you wins GA and the other reserved, then you're screwed since there will probably be wristbands and GA entrances involved.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Zod said:
    Hopefully there's an option for hard copy pick up at will call?  I can't think of any other solution for the smartphoneless.

My concern is roaming charges are insane when I travel to the US, so I turn data off my phone.   I won't be able to login if it's something you can't store on your phone....
    Can you just put the phone in Airplane mode but turn on WiFi? I don't know about other cities, but you can usually pick up a WiFi signal all over Seattle. Between Xfinity WiFi hotspots, and google WiFi at every Starbucks, WiFi at Safeco Field, WiFi at McDonalds and other fast food places, and WiFi at many bars & restaurants you should be able to access tickets via an app without using data.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 649
    does anyone know if a smartphone is needed for the Verified Fan presale code? I signed up and put my mobile number (flip phone), but I have my doubts that it will receive the message with the code. my phone seems to be strictly text only. I won't receive anything with any other kind of pictures or artwork.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    go pre said:
    does anyone know if a smartphone is needed for the Verified Fan presale code? I signed up and put my mobile number (flip phone), but I have my doubts that it will receive the message with the code. my phone seems to be strictly text only. I won't receive anything with any other kind of pictures or artwork.
    for ticketbastard fan verified i got 2 different codes for 2 different bands via text message on a non smart phone. no worries there. so while i got the codes ok what was a little trickier was to find the right link to where to use the fan verified codes. for example i got a ticketbastard fan verified code for mets baseball stadium for a rock show but ended up using the ticketbastard code for the mets on line website which is where the tickets went on sale. my only advice is be aware of who is selling the tickets...if it's on ticketmaster website you should be a ok.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    If you only need one set of tickets then just put in for one set of tickets.  But if you want to hedge your bets and put in for two sets there's a potential you will end up with tickets you can't use.  You need to decide if it's worth the risk or not.  

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    JH6056 said:
    I am truly amazed at the number of people who don't have smartphones.
    hold the phone! and let's spin this around to talk about what is truly shocking IMO  :)
    what is with society's want/need for the latest Iphone 10. i read somewhere that it cost large dollars...why do people need that? people were lined up outside the best buy the night before they went on sale...all night in line to get one. why?
    a friend of the family had to have a blu ray player as soon as they hit the market. know what he paid? over $600 for one and there weren't even a ton of movies out then. me, i waited and got my for $99 a 4 years later
    i sat in our lunch room a month ago for lunch and was shocked at the amount of younger people sitting at the one large table paying attention to no one else but had their heads bent down hanging out on social media...what is wrong with people? the young kids don't even know how to carry on a real conversation...
    my niece who is less than 10 years old is on social media. why? is that necessary? know what her dad found on her phone one day? a dick picture...and now it's major damage control
    i was at a party recently with some old HS pals who all have smart phones and one of them left his phone at another friend's house and was without a phone for the night. he stressed about it way more than he should have. it was ridiculus...
    i read very recently even the new chief dude at facebook says social media is bad for young kids yet both my neice and nephew have smart phones and are on facebook and do facetime. bullying happens mostly on social media is my guess.
    facebook is a complete waste on time. so its twitter and instagram and etc. i don't care about the latest great cat video...those are not going to make my life any richer.
    i don't have a smart phone and i will be honest the only time recently that i thought i should get one was for uber.
    anyways i am glad to be old school and could care less what people might think of my phone LOL
    rant not AT you...just a general rant about society  :)
    Yes, and not to take this thread waaay off track but I work in education, and more and more evidence is starting to appear about the actual DAMAGE that exposure to devices like smart phones, iPads, tablets at younger ages does to executive functioning, which is a critical part of brain function, problem-solving, decision-making.  My 8 yr old has friends with smart phones, so we're already having the conversation about how different families allow different things at different times.  She was allowed to do sleepovers a lot earlier than many of her friends.  She's gonna be one of the last to get a cell phone, and her tablet/laptop time (when not related to schoolwork) is non-existent during the week, only allowed on weekends.

I fear we're going to find out more and more about how damaging this exposure is.

Last thing I'll say, we got to Canada at least once every other year.  For years our cell phone plan included Canada, and we had no problems with cell service.  Last time suddenly our plans changed and we had no service.  No GPS, no internet.  And it was the BEST THING EVER (once we got over the initial shock).  We've since instituted a lot more family rules about limited cell phone time when we're out and about.

Personally, I enjoy having every Pearl Jam album in my pocket wherever I might go ;-)
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Are we confident those of us without smartphones  (or cellphones) are going to get tickets?

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,603
    Malroth said:
    Are we confident those of us without smartphones  (or cellphones) are going to get tickets?

I would think it more likely to be something sent to your email that you'll have to print out so they can scan it.  They won't be printing out tickets for non-smartphone people.
  • Options
    Malroth said:

Just as good of odds as anybody else.  10c said they will accomodate those who don't have a smart phone. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754

"Mobile only tickets: No physical tickets. No mobile phone number required. Tickets will be accessible through your smartphone web browser. Step-by-Step instructions on how to access the tickets on your smartphone via a provided secure online account will be emailed to you in early July."

How are they attaching the first ticket to you if no mobile phone number is required....

• Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    Anything on this ? I havent heard anything since the one email,but yeh just checking

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,641

FROM FAQ:

I don’t have a smartphone, but my guest does.  Can we use my guest’s smartphone?

Yes, the tickets are not tied to a specific device until they are downloaded.  You may login to the Ten Club Mobile Ticket platform on your guest’s device to access them, just be sure to logout when finished.

I don’t have a smartphone and neither does my guest.

Please email tickets@tenclub.net if you do not have a mobile device from which you can access your tickets.

I don’t have a smartphone.  Can I print out my ticket barcode and use that to enter?

No.  Your ticket must be scanned in on a mobile device.  Printed tickets will not be accepted.

What if my guest doesn’t have a smartphone?

There’s no need to transfer your guest ticket if you and your guest plan on arriving at the venue together

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    i still use a blackberry . an old one.  i'm a dinosaur.
  • Options
    Happy JulioHappy Julio Posts: 161
    Welcome to the 21st century.
    2006 PJ/Petty Milwaukee Night 1
    2007 Lollapalooza Chicago
    2013 Wrigley Chicago
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City