jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 836
edited July 2018 in The Porch
delete
...........and Evelyn 

Post edited by jpdannabelle on

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,213
    Been watching some videos on YouTube from fans and it’s obvious Ed is struggling on some songs. Oceans in Barcelona is an example. He didn’t hit the high notes. I don’t think it was to put a spin on the original, he just can’t do it. Breath in Berlin, again at the beginning he trys to hit the high notes but lets the crowd sing it. The band knows it too.  I may be wrong here, it’s just an observation. Either way I just hope he doesn’t do permanent damage this tour. 
    He's always had ups and downs and it seems the sickness he had at the beginning of the tour affected it a lot. That said, yes, his upper range has lost a bit, but you should watch the videos from the last show of the tour. He sounds the best he has all tour, but we're not getting circa '98 Ed back so enjoy it white it lasts.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    tbergs said:
    Been watching some videos on YouTube from fans and it’s obvious Ed is struggling on some songs. Oceans in Barcelona is an example. He didn’t hit the high notes. I don’t think it was to put a spin on the original, he just can’t do it. Breath in Berlin, again at the beginning he trys to hit the high notes but lets the crowd sing it. The band knows it too.  I may be wrong here, it’s just an observation. Either way I just hope he doesn’t do permanent damage this tour. 
    He's always had ups and downs and it seems the sickness he had at the beginning of the tour affected it a lot. That said, yes, his upper range has lost a bit, but you should watch the videos from the last show of the tour. He sounds the best he has all tour, but we're not getting circa '98 Ed back so enjoy it white it lasts.
    No of course, he’s giving his all as he’s always done. All good. Just hope it’s not something that will get worse. Either way I’m dying to be at Wrigley 1. It’s the only show I can swing this summer. I watched those videos and got butterflies in the belly. I need my fix. I don’t go too many shows, been holding out for a GA so it’s been a tough go. No leads yet. Here’s hoping 
    Post edited by jpdannabelle on
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 497
    he got the best voice on the tour in London 2 in my opinion
    maybe because of the 3 days break
    Oceans was very different compared to the Barcelona version

PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,528
    tbergs said:
    No of course, he’s giving his all as he’s always done. All good. Just hope it’s not something that will get worse. Either way I’m dying to be at Wrigley 1. It’s the only show I can swing this summer. I watched those videos and got butterflies in the belly. I need my fix. I don’t go to many shows, been holding out for a GA so it’s been a tough go. No leads yet. Here’s hoping 

I think Ed's voice is maintaining the last 5-8 years.  I'm not worried about him losing it. 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 900
    he was sick, he's fine now. Read the London 2 fan views. Said he was awesome. geez, He's one of the best singers out there. I listened to U2 the other day, brutal
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 612
    I was at the Barcelona show and he sounded fine. Not great but certainly not bad. Also he was basically in tears during Oceans so I wouldn’t hold that against him. Plus some of these songs actually sound better in a lower tone. He’s well over age 50, to expect him to sound he’s 30 is just not realistic. Stay home and watch YouTube videos from 1992 if you don’t like it. The rest of us understand the band is approaching 30 years in and it’s obviously not going to be the same experience as it was decades ago. Everytime they hit the stage I’m thankful to even be in the room, how many bands that formed in the early 90’s are still playing sold out shows all over the world in 2018?
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    :) DEGBTI said:
    he was sick, he's fine now. Read the London 2 fan views. Said he was awesome. geez, He's one of the best singers out there. I listened to U2 the other day, brutal
    He is fine. He has lost something though. Hey, almost 30 years of singing his ass off will eventually have an effect. (Or is it affect? I always get then mixed up). Honestly I really don’t want this thread to turn into a he sounds good or doesn’t sound good debate. There have been a few threads like that already. I just posted this because I can definitely hear a difference this tour. Not all songs, just some. Either way, hoping to be at Wrigley 1. For those who haven’t heard, been looking for a ticket since February. Spread the word!! At this point I’d like to close the thread and let Ed do what he does best. Hope to see you all on the 18th.  :)
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Is great, we are lucky to still be hearing it
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
This discussion has been closed.