Options

The Gorge!!! What to do on Sunday between shows...

SkyISkrapeSkyISkrape Posts: 3
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hey kids,

Question, is there anything to do around the area of the Gorge for those of us camping out Saturday night....

Also, any useful tips. Sorry if this is a repeat, but I searched around and didn't get any results. Thanks!
"I wish I was a radio song, the one that set you free."

"Be damn patient."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Synapses FlashingSynapses Flashing Ventura, CA Posts: 86
    There was a thread or two on this, but pretty much all that was suggested was hang out with other PJ fans and throw a football or frisbee. Nothing really exciting. I think some people said there was some hiking. I'd be interested in this as long as it's not scorching hot. An even better idea would be to go to the river, but I'm not sure how far that is and if there's safe and easy access to the water.

One thing I was wondering was whether there were any food/drinks available either at the Gorge or Wildhorse campgrounds or do we need to bring in everything.
    11-7-95 San Diego Sports Arena (originally 6-7-95 in Del Mar)7-14-98 LA
    6-3-03 Irvine7-7-06 San Diego7-9/10-06 LA7-13-06 Santa Barbara7-16-06 San Francisco7-22/23-06 Gorge12-2-06 Honolulu4-10-08 Santa Barbara (Ed)4-13-08 LA (Ed)
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    From Gorge campground website:
    Gorge overnighters are welcome to spend the night at our campground. The campground is open 24 HOURS DAILY with a store, hot showers, restrooms, a recreation area and on-site security.

Campers' vehicles may not exit and re-enter campground.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    gotchagotcha Posts: 56
    What!? They don't campers leave the Gorge campground?! That's ridiculous! I'm so glad I'm staying at Wildhorse so that I can use my time in the day! There's no way I could stand drinking in the hot sun all day followed by a Pearl Jam concert - that's a bad case of dehyrdration waiting to happen. :)
    "uncanny and immutable"
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    If you like hiking and very scenic wilderness, then you should check out the Icecycle Creek Wilderness. It's only an hour away. There are lots of great hikes.

I'm going solo to the Gorge shows, but I'll probably spend Saturday (day) and Sunday (day) hiking in the mountains.
  • Options
    gjemselgjemsel Posts: 77
    Head over to Vantage during the day and hit one of the parks along the river where there are beaches. Use sunscreen; keep yourself hydrated. ;) It is hot and dry here on the east side of the state now and its supposed to be 90s where I live all week so add 10-15 degrees for the Gorge.

There's a nice State Park by Vantage. Not sure what the day use fee is.

George and Quincy have "truck stop" like cafes, convenience stores, etc. Quincy has shops and a liquor store.

Also by Vantage (on the east side of the river) is the Wild Horse Monument. Park and hike up. Watch for rattle snakes this time of the year.

Bring a camera.

Thats about all I can think of.

Probably the best would be to just recouperate from the night before, relax, hydrate, and gear up for another great night.
    . . . and in the aching night under satellites, I was not received. --CC
  • Options
    This may be a stupid question and it may have already been asked, but...

Since we can't leave the Gorge campground once we're "in", do they sell ice anywhere inside? Just thinking of restocking the cooler on Saturday and again on Sunday.

Anybody know?
    6/26-27/98, 6/13/99, 8/15/00, 10/12/00, 10/17-18/00, 12/09/02, 4/03/03, 6/09-10/03, 10/22/03, 9/28/04, 10/05/04, 8/29/05, 9/11-12-13/05, 5/27-28/06, 7/2-3/06, 7/22-23/06, VIC, 8/5/07, 6/24-25/08...
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    pitch a tent.
  • Options
    gjemselgjemsel Posts: 77
    This may be a stupid question and it may have already been asked, but...

Since we can't leave the Gorge campground once we're "in", do they sell ice anywhere inside? Just thinking of restocking the cooler on Saturday and again on Sunday.

Anybody know?

They have a store at the campground.
    . . . and in the aching night under satellites, I was not received. --CC
  • Options
    porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    Links to some places near by are here:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=206132