Options

Hey, PJ play Dirty Frank, Leash, and Brother at Wrigley 1 or 2...

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    lolobugg said:
    rbhester said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    rbhester said:
    I'm sort of confused why people want to hear songs like Dirty Frank brought back. It had it's time. Let it rest in peace.
    It had it's time? Only played 11 times live! how did it have it's time already? Let it rest after 11 live performances? :confused:
    I mean it had it's time as in a period of the band, not frequency of performance. How good do you really think it's going to sound compared to, say, a 1992 version? 
    I'd say it's gonna sound as good as it did in 2006.

How good do you really think Black is going to sound compared to, say, a 1992 version?

:lol: exactly

let Dirty Frank get retired.... but I'll be goddamned if they don't play 5-6 songs from Ten every day.

don't get some fans.....

Dirty Frank was on the euroepan TEN release - as in the one me and all of my friends bought. So I've grown up with Dirty Frank as part of Ten - AND SO HAVE MILLIONS OF EUROPEANS:

AS IN - DIRTY FRANK SHOULD BE ONE OF THE SIX TEN SONGS.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
    rbhester said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    rbhester said:
    I'm sort of confused why people want to hear songs like Dirty Frank brought back. It had it's time. Let it rest in peace.
    It had it's time? Only played 11 times live! how did it have it's time already? Let it rest after 11 live performances? :confused:
    I mean it had it's time as in a period of the band, not frequency of performance. How good do you really think it's going to sound compared to, say, a 1992 version? 

How good do you really think Black is going to sound compared to, say, a 1992 version?
    lolobugg said:
    rbhester said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    rbhester said:

let Dirty Frank get retired.... but I'll be goddamned if they don't play 5-6 songs from Ten every day.

don't get some fans.....

Dirty Frank is an obscure B-side. Yet I can walk up to almost anyone I know and they'll know 'Black'. That's the difference. Plus how well do you think Ed is gonna hit that last verse these days? I get that you guys want to hear songs live just because you haven't witnessed them, but I'm just not that way. If the band enjoyed playing it you wouldn't have to request it 12 years after it's last performance.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    rbhester said:
    rbhester said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    rbhester said:

lolobugg said:
    rbhester said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    rbhester said:

don't get some fans.....

Dirty Frank is an obscure B-side. Yet I can walk up to almost anyone I know and they'll know 'Black'. That's the difference. Plus how well do you think Ed is gonna hit that last verse these days? I get that you guys want to hear songs live just because you haven't witnessed them, but I'm just not that way. If the band enjoyed playing it you wouldn't have to request it 12 years after it's last performance.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    rbhester said:
    rbhester said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    rbhester said:

lolobugg said:
    rbhester said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    rbhester said:

don't get some fans.....

It has nothing to do with wanting to hear them live "just to witness them" It's about the fact that as fans we want to see the performances because the songs have some sort of meaning to us, and connecting with the songs. A lot of fans have been able to get through some extremely tough times in their lives through the music. Some fans have mental associations with some of the best times of their lives with these songs, whatever the case maybe this is why some of us hardcore fans hope to catch these performances live. Not to scratch it off some list. At least I can speak for myself in this case. 
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    Ray J. T. said:
    rbhester said:
    rbhester said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    rbhester said:

lolobugg said:
    rbhester said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    rbhester said:

don't get some fans.....

It has nothing to do with wanting to hear them live "just to witness them" It's about the fact that as fans we want to see the performances because the songs have some sort of meaning to us, and connecting with the songs. A lot of fans have been able to get through some extremely tough times in their lives through the music. Some fans have mental associations with some of the best times of their lives with these songs, whatever the case maybe this is why some of us hardcore fans hope to catch these performances live. Not to scratch it off some list. At least I can speak for myself in this case. 

I just want to hear it so we can get that 3 person slam pit going.

watch out rbhester!!!  :lol:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

Who has a deep emotional connection to "Dirty Frank'? 
    I get that reasoning for certain songs, but not that one.
    Everyone has their reasons, I get it. And kudos for having something you seek from a setlist. I'm not dogging anyone's intentions. My point is I think we should let Dirty Frank stay in 1992. And judging by frequency played I think others agree. Just my .02.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I wanted to hear Dirty Frank because it’s the first song I got laid to...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:
    There you go! Everybody has some sort of connection, it doesn't always have to be some deep meaning or emotional one. And @PP193448 did it "just to see the look on their face"! 
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:
    PP193448 said:
    There you go! Everybody has some sort of connection, it doesn't always have to be some deep meaning or emotional one. And @PP193448 did it "just to see the look on their face"! 
    I think he was referencing the snippet they play of Ed on Sirius XM with that reference. But if he did get laid to 'Dirty Frank' for the first time I'd love to meet the young lady on the other end of that encounter.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I’m was joking, but who cares what I think...  the song rocks.  So does Brother.  I got to hear one of my favorite earlier PJ songs Last Exit at Wrigley in 2016.  Justt rying to hear some other stuff from PJ that doesn’t come around often, at least to the few shows I’ve attended.    Leash kicks ass as a rebellious song.  Wish it came out while I was a teenager living at home because I would have blasted it for my parents...

yes, I keep hearing that snippet from Ed on Sirius XM.  It’s hilarious
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:
    I’m was joking, but who cares what I think...  the song rocks.  So does Brother.  I got to hear one of my favorite earlier PJ songs Last Exit at Wrigley in 2016.  Justt rying to hear some other stuff from PJ that doesn’t come around often, at least to the few shows I’ve attended.    Leash kicks ass as a rebellious song.  Wish it came out while I was a teenager living at home because I would have blasted it for my parents...

yes, I keep hearing that snippet from Ed on Sirius XM.  It’s hilarious
    Exactly. These songs all kick ass, and  I think I speak for most fans that if these songs get dusted off over the course of both shows, the fans would all lose their shit at Wrigley. I got to see Brother live in Chicago 09 and the fans were going insane. I can only imagine adding Leash which hasn't been played in Chicago in over 24 years, and Dirty Frank only played 11 times. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    This thread is becoming very similar to camping:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

More like the songs are "IN-TENTS" :lol:
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    +1
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    Bump for Leash
    Bump for Leash
    Play it in that fucking place
  • Options
    PP193448 said:
    Bump for Leash
    Bump for Leash
    Play it in that fucking place
    24+ years since it has been played in Chicago! This is just too long of a drought. 
  • Options
    Bump from Bottom of page 2?.  WTF
  • Options
  • Options
    PP193448 said:
    :rofl:
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,262
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,262

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Bump needed.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    Bump
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    bump

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Monday morning back to work bump
  • Options
    I would forego Brother and replace it with Wishing Well. 
  • Options
    Image result for pearl jam dirty frank