Options

Hey, PJ play Dirty Frank, Leash, and Brother at Wrigley 1 or 2...

PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
edited July 2018 in The Porch
you pussies!!  Oh and while I’m demanding songs, if you’re going to do covers at least bust out some Zeppelin or The Doors.  Every time I hear the PJ plus 1 on Sirius XM of Ed with The Doors... it sounds so fucking awesome. You guys would rock Roadhouse Blues live at Wrigley!!  Bring it!!

ok.... ummm, please.  

Thanks.
Patrick
2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
Post edited by PP193448 on

Comments

• Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    While I am all for this, if you are going to call them out like this, you need to add Leash to that request as well. 
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    I support this petition!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    I support a Dirty Frank rip out.  The one that has eluded me! 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:
    While I am all for this, if you are going to call them out like this, you need to add Leash to that request as well. 
    Fixed... :lol:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    Now that's what I am talking about. It's only fitting since that's how "you pussies" originally started back at MSG in NYC. 
    Not to mention we could use Leash on the setlist in Chicago since it hasn't been played there in over 20 years! 

• Options
    PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    I'm on board with Dirty Frank and Leash! Dirty Frank would be SO awesome!
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • Options
    If they play Dirty Frank............. Pat and I will start a slam pit!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    lolobugg said:
    I think the entire stadium would lose their shit. 
  • Options
    More CowbellMore Cowbell Posts: 171
    Ray J. T., it is your turn brother!  Good to see you keeping the petition alive.  Troubled souls unite!
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:
    lolobugg said:
    I think the entire stadium would lose their shit. 

super mosh pit!!!  I would go crazy. this would be worth the trip ALONE!

Dirty Frank, bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    Ray J. T., it is your turn brother!  Good to see you keeping the petition alive.  Troubled souls unite!
    I could had sworn 2016 was going to be the year. Especially after they opened with Oceans on night 2 (congrats on that). Hopefully this will be the year. Will you be at both shows again this year? 
  • Options
    More CowbellMore Cowbell Posts: 171

Night 2 for sure.  Traveling back from a family vacation during the day of night 1 so still trying to figure out if I can make that one work.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,084
    I hope you get Dirty Frank.  I got it at one of the '06 Gorge shows.  I think they played it once more that tour (maybe the date you posted) and that was it in modern times.   I never thought they'd play it, so it was never a holy grail.   It was a total holy fucking shit moment when I heard the first few notes.. lol.
  • Options

Night 2 for sure.  Traveling back from a family vacation during the day of night 1 so still trying to figure out if I can make that one work.

Awesome, sounds like we will be able to meet up again. Hopefully you will be able to make night 1 work as well. 
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    I would support this, but I think I might have a heart attack out of pure excitement!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,741
    Shouldn't we just go ahead and add the Getaway request to this thread? I think so.

They do those 4, and there better be one hell of a lost and found area for those of us that completely lose our shit!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    Save leash for Boston please! Screw you guys going to Wrigley since I can’t go!
  • Options
    sdavis said:
    No thanks.  You’ve done enough screwing, that’s why your wife is due to deliver while the rest of us are at Wrigley...  :lol:
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Ray J. T. said:
    PP193448 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    Now that's what I am talking about. It's only fitting since that's how "you pussies" originally started back at MSG in NYC. 
    Not to mention we could use Leash on the setlist in Chicago since it hasn't been played there in over 20 years! 

I didn't realize the "you pussies" thing was a "thing" :lol: Some guy near me shouted "Play Dirty Frank you pussies!" at the Baltimore show in '13. It made us all laugh.
  • Options
    sdavis said:
    Nah, more like screw you guys, Boston has had the Leash dropped a couple times in recent years. Not to mention that the Leash drought was broken up in Boston! Leash hasn't been dropped in Chicago in over 24 years! :lol: 
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:
    PP193448 said:
    Ray J. T. said:

I didn't realize the "you pussies" thing was a "thing" :lol: Some guy near me shouted "Play Dirty Frank you pussies!" at the Baltimore show in '13. It made us all laugh.
    Sure is, it was brought up in MSG in NYC when someone shouted play Leash "you pussies" and it sort of became a thing after that. 
  • Options
    I’ve heard on Sirius XM several times Ed talking clip from concert where I thought he was reading a sign that said Play Leash you pussies.  Then they played it.  So it’s seems like we’ve gotta call them out on these songs, right??  So come on guys, check your balls and play these songs at Wrigley!!!
  • Options
    rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
    I'm sort of confused why people want to hear songs like Dirty Frank brought back. It had it's time. Let it rest in peace.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,928
    edited July 2018
    rbhester said:
    I'm sort of confused why people want to hear songs like Dirty Frank brought back. It had it's time. Let it rest in peace.
    It's a fun song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHrcENytijE
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    rbhester said:
    It had it's time? Only played 11 times live! how did it have it's time already? Let it rest after 11 live performances? :confused:
  • Options
    rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
    Ray J. T. said:
    rbhester said:
    It had it's time? Only played 11 times live! how did it have it's time already? Let it rest after 11 live performances? :confused:
    I mean it had it's time as in a period of the band, not frequency of performance. How good do you really think it's going to sound compared to, say, a 1992 version? 
  • Options
    rbhester said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    rbhester said:
    I mean it had it's time as in a period of the band, not frequency of performance. How good do you really think it's going to sound compared to, say, a 1992 version? 
    I'd say it's gonna sound as good as it did in 2006.

How good do you really think Black is going to sound compared to, say, a 1992 version?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
  • Options
    rbhester said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    rbhester said:

How good do you really think Black is going to sound compared to, say, a 1992 version?
    ^This 
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    rbhester said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    rbhester said:

:lol: exactly

let Dirty Frank get retired.... but I'll be goddamned if they don't play 5-6 songs from Ten every day.

don't get some fans.....

Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2