Options

Home Shows Parking

go prego pre Posts: 648
I got myself an airbnb near riverview playfield, about 6 miles from Safeco. I'm considering a rental car, especially for the off day between shows. Does anyone know what I can expect to pay for parking around Safeco, especially if I would try to camp out to get rail with my GA tickets for Wednesday's show? Any help or alternative ideas are appreciated.
There's a trapdoor in the sun.

Comments

• Options
    Boloman643Boloman643 Posts: 54
    I'm live near that neighborhood of West Seattle and definitely won't be driving/parking. All the street parking near the stadium is mostly timed 2-4 hour max, parking lots for events will be $40-$75 anywhere near the stadium and any meters are 4 hour max. From West Seattle you can take the Water Taxi for about $5, there is a bus shuttle that takes you to the dock and it's about a 15 minute walk to Safeco.https://kingcounty.gov/depts/transportation/water-taxi/west-seattle.aspx. You can also Uber or Lyft, take the Metro bus or use Car 2 Go, which is a car rental service that charges by the minute. Advantage to that is you can park anywhere legally on the street for free, even in metered or timed zones. There are also several bike rental companies where you unlock the bike with an app, pay by the hour and then just leave the bike when you are done anywhere in the city. Lots of options, driving and parking would be near the bottom for me.
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 648
    Those are some good ideas. Will it be difficult to do any of that stuff to get back to my airbnb after either show? Also, I'm one of the dinosaurs who don't have a smart phone. What will my options be? On the off day, I was kinda thinking about getting out of the city and heading to Mt. Ranier.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    Boloman643Boloman643 Posts: 54
    If you don't have a smart phone then the water taxi is a good bet to get to the show, remains to be seen if they will extend the schedule from Seattle back to West Seattle after the 2 shows, they usually do for Seahawks and special events. Rainier is worth the trip but definitely a full day. Sounds like renting a car and just ponying up for parking might be your best option. You are fortunate to be be coming from the South, getting through the city can be brutal coming from the North or East. When I go to games or events from West Seattle I usually park pretty far south and enjoy the walk, after the events traffic is gridlock near the stadium so walking gets you out of the mix while traffic clears. Great Bar
    for a beverage on the hike is Hooverville, about a long block South of Safeco.