Options

Female poster artists

belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731

Hey Pearl Jam! 

THANK-YOU for all that you do for Social Justice & Women’s Rights... Considering you  have hundreds of posters created for your awesome shows, (which are a massive legacy) could you please select women artists? In your 27 years you have only had 1 female artist (Tara McPherson) whom made a poster as a part of a collaboration (with Jeff Soto) ... I am sure many female fans would feel empowered. Maybe even inspire future talent like the way “Sound Girls” does! 

Lots of great women make great art - Frida Clements, & Erica Williams would be a great start!! I would love to see Tara McPherson make her own too! 

Comments

• Options
    ChicagoneChicagone Posts: 184
    Right on sista!! 
  • Options
    rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212

and Kat Lamp!

• Options
    BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    Dabs Myla is a husband/wife team that have done a few prints as well. 
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Caitlin Mattison would likely knock a PJ poster out of the park. 
    Check her out
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,648
    If they draw skulls or birds tho i dont want them either
  • Options
    lbpeltzlbpeltz Posts: 98
    Let’s add a woman to the band too... I kid, I kid. This sounds like a reasonable request from a band that brings out women’s rights issues quite often. Sometimes it just seems that you have to go so far out of your way to have social equality. Do we have enough black poster artists? Trans? Gay? What about band employees? Where does it end? 
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,362
    lbpeltz said:
    Let’s add a woman to the band too... I kid, I kid. This sounds like a reasonable request from a band that brings out women’s rights issues quite often.
    This is where you should have stopped.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Give Kathleen Judge a shot.  Chicago local product
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,400
    edited July 2018
    Probably tsurt you should send the request to
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    lbpeltz said:
    Let’s add a woman to the band too... I kid, I kid. This sounds like a reasonable request from a band that brings out women’s rights issues quite often. Sometimes it just seems that you have to go so far out of your way to have social equality. Do we have enough black poster artists? Trans? Gay? What about band employees? Where does it end? 
    Whilst I totally get the point you are making, in that I think art like anything else should be judged on merit, rather than making a point for the sake of making a point.  However, I've no doubt that there are loads of fantastic female artists out there who could rise to the challenge - it's not like all these guys are knocking them out of the park every time anyway!  I don't know a lot about the whole concert poster industry, but it appears the successful artists are part of a really elite club.  Given some of the monstrosities, I wonder if the band even gives a sign off on some of them  =)
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    belinda27 said:

Hey Pearl Jam! 

THANK-YOU for all that you do for Social Justice & Women’s Rights... Considering you  have hundreds of posters created for your awesome shows, (which are a massive legacy) could you please select women artists? In your 27 years you have only had 1 female artist (Tara McPherson) whom made a poster as a part of a collaboration (with Jeff Soto) ... I am sure many female fans would feel empowered. Maybe even inspire future talent like the way “Sound Girls” does! 

Lots of great women make great art - Frida Clements, & Erica Williams would be a great start!! I would love to see Tara McPherson make her own too! 

Bump
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    Bump
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
    Would be sweet if Becky Cloonan did a Pearl Jam poster.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    edited July 2018
    They should have me do one. :/ 

Plus the rest be women.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    Awesome idea!! 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    How about .. http://tulalotay.com
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    One of my Favs.
    Image result for henchgirl comic
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    This heavily deserves a bump!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited July 2018
    lbpeltz said:
    Whilst I totally get the point you are making, in that I think art like anything else should be judged on merit, rather than making a point for the sake of making a point.  However, I've no doubt that there are loads of fantastic female artists out there who could rise to the challenge - it's not like all these guys are knocking them out of the park every time anyway!  I don't know a lot about the whole concert poster industry, but it appears the successful artists are part of a really elite club.  Given some of the monstrosities, I wonder if the band even gives a sign off on some of them  =)
    My friends and I were discussing this just the other day.  As a female artist (no, not of posters so I wouldn't even give it a go) I wouldn't want someone just to choose me because I am a female.  I would want my work chosen because it is what fit best to the need.  It is what sparked emotion for the viewer.  It is that image that took them where they needed to go.  

In talking about posters, my great friend suggested Lora Zombie and he informed me that Landland is a two person studio (one male/one female) knocking out some stunning images.  One of those stunning images hangs on my wall.  (A Jeremy Enigk tour poster.)  While not females, but certainly gentlemen that should be considered would be my previous coworkers, Joshua Davis and Matt Miller. Just throwing those guys out there because they have some super talent that needs to be shared. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Check out Jessica Seamons out of Chicago.
    She has done several pieces for Mondo and has a distinct style. I'd love to see her get a crack.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    She has done several pieces for Mondo and has a distinct style. I'd love to see her get a crack.
    She's the other half of Landland.  :smiley: 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    deadendp said:
    She's the other half of Landland.  :smiley: 
    Yes, I like her work a lot.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    deadendp said:
    lbpeltz said:
    My friends and I were discussing this just the other day.  As a female artist (no, not of posters so I wouldn't even give it a go) I wouldn't want someone just to choose me because I am a female.  I would want my work chosen because it is what fit best to the need.  It is what sparked emotion for the viewer.  It is that image that took them where they needed to go.  

In talking about posters, my great friend suggested Lora Zombie and he informed me that Landland is a two person studio (one male/one female) knocking out some stunning images.  One of those stunning images hangs on my wall.  (A Jeremy Enigk tour poster.)  While not females, but certainly gentlemen that should be considered would be my previous coworkers, Joshua Davis and Matt Miller. Just throwing those guys out there because they have some super talent that needs to be shared. 
    Well, focusing on women might be a way to see you instead of all the men blocking the view. All perspective. But I get your point.

I think they should try to get artists from the respective countries too. That could be a cool thing to go all out on, for one tour atleast.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Check this awesome Becky Cloonan Castlevania poster.

Hope she gets to do a Pearl Jam poster someday.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    demetrios said:
    Check this awesome Becky Cloonan Castlevania poster.

Hope she gets to do a Pearl Jam poster someday.

what a horrible night for a curse

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore