Options

Offer 10c Merch Pre-Order's - Stop the Madness

12346»

Comments

• Options
    js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    Just saw this thread and assumed it was started on this tour. Just sad it’s the same old shit again. 
    Todays poster might be a stinker. It’ll still sell out. So so something about availability so everyone gets a chance to have one. It’s a fucking picture. Print more. Open the shop. Sell them for 2 weeks. And then however many you sell, go print em.
    Charge a premium to cover costs if you must, just do it so it’s fair. 

• Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    edited July 2018
    I have better things to do than spend the entire day sitting in a line miserable, sweating my ass off (usually) to buy stuff.   I'd rather go enjoy myself in the city they're playing.  It has turned into most people waiting in line are there to resell because people like me would rather pay 3-5 times more after the fact to avoid it.....they created an environment that they used to try to fight to stop.  Ironic?   I know I know...the argument will be "but it allows fans to hang out together and you meet new people and have a good time".  There's better ways to do that than to buy material things.   Until you have it all you won't be free.     
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    what if it's your home town and they come once every 4 years?  I want a damn poster.
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    No madness = less sales
    Less sales = more shows to compensate 
    More shows = more work/time from home

It is apparent to me that the band is doing things to maximize on their merchandise in order to tour less. They understand many of us are unhappy with it, but we still buy it. The simple fact is, they are a brand/business. Their goal is to make money.

They are fully aware of what DMB does with their posters and fan club tickets. Now I am purely speculating here, but I would highly doubt DMB sells as many posters for their shows. I could be wrong of course.

Alas, after all of the complaints post Wrigley 2013, very little has been done to rectify the issues from our perspective. The band has tried to meet our demands with other types of requests over the years. I remember standing in line for like 2 hours to pick up my 10C tickets at the United Center back in 2008. I believe the last pair I picked up, I waited behind 1 person. However, such a change did not impact anyone's pocket book. The fact that the band has not addressed/responded to these issues in the last 5 years clearly (to me) states that they are quite in favor of the gravy train monster they have created; known as merchandise. And while I hope for changes to the program, I do not expect them and I do not blame the band. It would only change if we were to band together and not buy the stuff/walk past the long lines.
    can't argue against reason.
    and i will buy seattle 2018 pins and stickers for 3 times face value as i will not be standing in line for anything other than a beer and green hash. hit me up people. money to be made, right here   :)
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    It sure would have been nice if 10C sent an email or post on the forum with the change to Krakow merchandise sale time and location information.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Parity said:
    I only ever bought one poster and it's sat in a tube ever since - I'm not entirely sure where it is! Does anybody actually hang these all up, or just hold on to them as a memento? I'm just surprised at all the hoo-ha this causes... I'm not criticising BTW, each to their own and all that, just commenting!

The four I have are framed and hung.  The rest I got rid of and I'm now out of the poster game.  It's gotta be something I reeeeeeeeeeally want to frame and hang from now on.
  • Options
    stonesstones Posts: 187
    How about a merch code for each 10c ticket similar to the bootleg download code you get each year you renew.  One code per 10c member, per ticket they 'win' in the lottery.

The code could then be used to a pre-sale before the psst drop for posters, and the same model could also be potentially used for shirts, stickers, pins etc.  They can keep the exclusivity and buzz alive by offering some of the variant stuff only at the show merch stands.

Having spent far too long in queues this past tour, my experience is that it's not usually the locals waiting in long lines for merch.  It's the travelling fans (mainly US, but not exclusively) who have differing motives for scoring the merch.  Some want it as souvenirs of their trip, others want it to resell to recoup some of the costs of following the band around the world.
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,994
    The selfish, they're all standing in line
    Faithing and hoping to buy themselves time
    Me, I figure as each breath goes by
    I only own my mind
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    I only own my mind
    well you sure as hell won't own any posters either!
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,994
    js261067 said:
    I only own my mind
    well you sure as hell won't own any posters either!
     :o 
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe