eyecanwalkeyecanwalk Posts: 707
    ARC********
  • Options
    WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210
  • Options

• Options
    Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    Lost In Ohio said:
    I don't think any of us have seen a full setlist from that night, but it is absolutely surreal to realize Light Years could have been played that night. It seems like it also could have been written after Roskilde, much like I Am Mine was.
    It actually was played...

Welp.

You're right.

I recently saw an article that talked about the security realizing what was going on and they had to pass word through a chain of command up to EV. I suppose it's possible that Light Years was being played during... That's absolutely surreal.

And yeah, it's been a while since I looked at that setlist. I remembered Daughter was the last song, but forgot everything else. 

The next song on the setlist (but not played, and respectfully so) was Alive. I can’t make this up. :(
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    Jerome230 said:
    Lost In Ohio said:
    I don't think any of us have seen a full setlist from that night, but it is absolutely surreal to realize Light Years could have been played that night. It seems like it also could have been written after Roskilde, much like I Am Mine was.

Welp.

You're right.

I recently saw an article that talked about the security realizing what was going on and they had to pass word through a chain of command up to EV. I suppose it's possible that Light Years was being played during... That's absolutely surreal.

And yeah, it's been a while since I looked at that setlist. I remembered Daughter was the last song, but forgot everything else. 

The next song on the setlist (but not played, and respectfully so) was Alive. I can’t make this up. :(

That tour was weird even before the disaster. There were a couple times, IIRC, when Alive was one of the first 3-4 songs. Of course, it didn't get played again until one of the last songs on the last night.

Now, if they played it at any other spot other than in the last 3-4 slots, it would seem very strange... obviously, Philly 2016 was the exception.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Jerome230 said:
    Lost In Ohio said:

Welp.

You're right.

That tour was weird even before the disaster. There were a couple times, IIRC, when Alive was one of the first 3-4 songs. Of course, it didn't get played again until one of the last songs on the last night.

Now, if they played it at any other spot other than in the last 3-4 slots, it would seem very strange... obviously, Philly 2016 was the exception.
    Opening song at Dallas 03
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,874
    I was living in spain at the time and remember heading to a computer lounge to check up on the setlist the following day.  I started tearing up after reading about what happened.  What a terrible day.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......