Options

Stop with the anti-Trump crusade, it's boring!

Comments

• Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,678
    I’d like a president who isn’t a racist bigot clown who is destroying this country. Pj has the mic, u don’t like it, don’t listen. 
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    I will never understand how anyone can be a fan of this band and not know where they stand when it comes to politics. It's been crystal clear since the very beginning, and it's something they've always been very vocal about. It's part of who they are and something they're very passionate about. 
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 404
    I know where PJ lies on the political spectrum, so it doesn't really bother me. Other than I would rather have more time listening to music. Plus attacking Trump has to be about the easiest non controversial political stance to take ever, so why waste the time, when everyone else is attacking him 24/7. Lately, when it comes to politics I wish people could come together from both sides and talk about solutions we need as a country. Now everyone seems to be I'm right and you`re wrong and if you don't believe exactly what I do I hate you. Not a good way to fix things that need to be fixed. We are better than that. I will now get off my soapbox.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,964
    Speak up. Speak out. Do what you can to stop this man. In Europe you won't  find a fan of trump so it's welcomed here to speak out. Thank you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,482
    People are still supporting Trump?

Dear god, why?

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Blackout weaves its way...

I remember when you sang
    That song about today
    Now it's tomorrow and
    Everything has changed
    Not really 
    Trump... another guy born on third who thinks he hit a triple. 
    Not really 

Do you dispute that he was born to a wealthy family and benefited greatly from that?

Trump is the beneficiary of several trust funds set up by his father beginning in 1949; Trump’s paternal grandmother also set up a trust fund for him in 1949.[78] In 1976, Fred Trump set up trust funds of $1 million for each of his five children and three grandchildren; Donald Trump received annual payments from his trust fund, for example $90,000 in 1980 and $214,605 in 1981.[78] By 1993, when Trump took two loans totaling $30 million from his siblings, their anticipated shares of Fred's fortune was $35 million each.[79][78] Upon Fred Trump’s death in 1999, his will divided $20 million after taxes among his surviving children.[78][80][81]

Trump said that he began his career with "a small loan of one million dollars" from his father, but did not acknowledge his father's role in backing a $70 million loan during the construction of the Grand Hyatt hotel at the same time.[78][82] He appeared on the initial Forbes 400 list of richest Americans in 1982 with an estimated $200 million fortune shared with his father.[83] An ex-Forbes reporter said in 2018 that Trump had inflated his actual wealth in order to be included on the list.

From wikipedia

How are you going to come back with wikipedia?  Not saying info is wrong, but you gotta get better than wikipedia
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    edited June 2018
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Blackout weaves its way...

I remember when you sang
    That song about today
    Now it's tomorrow and
    Everything has changed
    Not really 
    Trump... another guy born on third who thinks he hit a triple. 
    Not really 

Do you dispute that he was born to a wealthy family and benefited greatly from that?

Trump is the beneficiary of several trust funds set up by his father beginning in 1949; Trump’s paternal grandmother also set up a trust fund for him in 1949.[78] In 1976, Fred Trump set up trust funds of $1 million for each of his five children and three grandchildren; Donald Trump received annual payments from his trust fund, for example $90,000 in 1980 and $214,605 in 1981.[78] By 1993, when Trump took two loans totaling $30 million from his siblings, their anticipated shares of Fred's fortune was $35 million each.[79][78] Upon Fred Trump’s death in 1999, his will divided $20 million after taxes among his surviving children.[78][80][81]

Trump said that he began his career with "a small loan of one million dollars" from his father, but did not acknowledge his father's role in backing a $70 million loan during the construction of the Grand Hyatt hotel at the same time.[78][82] He appeared on the initial Forbes 400 list of richest Americans in 1982 with an estimated $200 million fortune shared with his father.[83] An ex-Forbes reporter said in 2018 that Trump had inflated his actual wealth in order to be included on the list.

From wikipedia

How are you going to come back with wikipedia?  Not saying info is wrong, but you gotta get better than wikipedia

Why should I? If the info isn't wrong, why should I spend more time on it? What an absurd suggestion. I"m not writing a thesis here or anything.  I have better things to do, when it really isn't in dispute that Trump's family was rich and he benefited from it. 
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    This is definitely bullshit. I was at the show and they certainly didn’t lose the crowd. Obviously OP not only wasn’t at the show but also doesn’t understand the Italian crowd who fundamentally would be against someone like Donny. 
  • Options
    TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    edited June 2018
    If you think Trump’s presidency is just another day at the office, won’t have heavy consequences in the future and doesn’t even deserve a couple of rants during a show, I feel for you, really.
    Post edited by Tristelune on
  • Options
    This is definitely bullshit. I was at the show and they certainly didn’t lose the crowd. Obviously OP not only wasn’t at the show but also doesn’t understand the Italian crowd who fundamentally would be against someone like Donny. 
    I was at the show & the place went flat in my opinion only for them to take a break for 5mins and then come out and bring the crowd back. That's just my opinion though.

Oh and being a veteran of Italian shows I think I'm in a good position to have an opinion on the crowd. An opinion that obviously varys from yours but let's try and be adult about it, yeah?
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    I think it's magnificent, I hope Eddie keeps at it. He will get a great response across Europe, and I call bullshit on the op's "lost the crowd" comment. I have great respect for every single American speaking out against Nazi rule in your country, I just hope it's not too late for you to drag your country out of the cesspit.
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,089
    Speak up. Speak out. Do what you can to stop this man. In Europe you won't  find a fan of trump so it's welcomed here to speak out. Thank you
    Agreed 
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    edited June 2018
    Lost the crowd for about a half hour in Padova after EV's latest outburst although got it back to complete an outstanding show.

It needs to stop, it's boring & they need to show some respect to those who don't share their views.

Anyway, onwards to Rome we go.....
    I don't think they should bow down to people who don't share their views, if those views mean in any way supporting a racist, bigoted, mindblowingly self-centered wanna-be-fascist. 

They should do exacltly what they want.

And - I think you're view is biased - here in Europe I've only seen people being riled up by Eddie. Not "being lost".
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Donald Trump we are not going to take this
    Dividing our country and making us racist 
    Donald Trump you are headed to the end I will be there my friend 
    The educated will take you down
    The truth is gonna take you down the truth is gonna find you out
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I was at the show & the place went flat in my opinion only for them to take a break for 5mins and then come out and bring the crowd back. That's just my opinion though.

Oh and being a veteran of Italian shows I think I'm in a good position to have an opinion on the crowd. An opinion that obviously varys from yours but let's try and be adult about it, yeah?
    There’s nothing adult about someone who supports Trump. He acts like a child as do his followers. So no!! 
  • Options
    Windermere11Windermere11 Earth Posts: 133
    Yeah I’d prefer a little less political talk   Instead of attacking why not try and find some common ground.  It might be um productive.  Rather than more walls. 

Look by by no means am I looking to get into a political debate.   I’ve loved this band and it’s members since I was 12 I’m 38 today. Weather I agree or disagree with thier personal. views it won’t affect how I view them.   I agree some respect for the other side should be shown. 
    Completely agree. Less "political" talk and more music during shows. Originally from Seattle, I've been a Mookie fan from the beginning. Check my concert resume... And rarely do I comment online. I have better things to do in life. But personally, I feel this "political" diatribe during shows gets old. And I'm not looking to debate who's right, who's wrong, dem or rep. Trumps an idiot, so is Obama, Bush and Clinton. Most elected politicians are full of crap!! The political system (and media) is corroded with deception. But when I go to a concert, I prefer hearing the music and not political jargon. I don't need to be "instructed" who's right and wrong right after Dirty Frank and before Lukin. Everyone has a right to voice THEIR opinion on "world" issues (war, immigration, homelessness, finance, human rights, crime, guns, taxes, religion, nature, sex, sports, ect, ect, ect..) But maybe your opinion is different than the person standing next to you?  So... my point is I prefer to attend (and pay for) concerts to enjoy the music and atmosphere. If I wanted to hear about politicians, how screwed up mankind is and all the other crap that's wrong in this world, I'll just turn on the TV. I've already paid the DirecTV bill ..  :)                   
    Thank you Mike!!!

1990 12/22
    1991 2/1,26; 3/1; 5/25; 8/23,29
    1992 1/3,17; 7/22; 9/20
    1993 9/5; 10/25; 12/7,8,9
    1995 6/24; 11/4
    1998 7/10,11,13,14
    2000 10/22,25,28,30
    2003 6/2,3,5,6; 10/28
    2006 7/6,7,9,10,12,13; 11/30; 12/2,9
    2009 9/30; 10/1,6,7,9
    2010 5/1
    2013 11/21,23,24
    2014 10/25
    2016 11/14
    2018 8/8,10
    2021 9/26; 10/1,2
    2022 5/3,6,7
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    People both-siding Trump and people supporting someone like Trump on the Pearl Jam message board. 

The-truckdriver-in-The-Terminator-when-the-T-800-arrives-from-the-future: What the hell...

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Instead of attacking why not try and find some common ground.  It might be um productive.  
  • Options
    Instead of attacking why not try and find some common ground.  It might be um productive.  
    Well said!! I love it when motherfuckers get philosophical and shit!!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    edited June 2018
    What is happening right now isn't politics, it is our world (not just America) racing towards fascism and destruction of liberty. If you think this is politics as usual or in any way funny, you are mistaken and in for a rude awakening. It is the responsibility of all of us, especially those with a mic to speak as loudly as possible against this threat. 

Benmont Tench III: "Funny how quickly speaking up  brings out the “shut up and play” crowd. Better ditch yr Dylan, Stones, Beatles, Clash, Springsteen, Pearl Jam, REM, Public Enemy, James Brown, Bonnie Raitt, hell ya might as well throw away all yr records, cause none of em just “shut up & played”."

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    To hell with someone who doesn't respect anyone else.  To hell with him.  
    I think anyone that imagined this tour happening without a lot of talk about this crazy president was really lost in the clouds.  This is what Pearl Jam has done forever.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    edited June 2018
    Trumps an idiot, so is Obama, Bush and Clinton. Most elected politicians are full of crap!!
    Fuck this apathetic, ignorant noise. This is not 'politics as usual.' This is a slow regression from the world you and I know, the one that hasn't experienced a population-adjusting conflict in over half a century.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Lost the crowd for about a half hour in Padova after EV's latest outburst although got it back to complete an outstanding show.

It needs to stop, it's boring & they need to show some respect to those who don't share their views.

Anyway, onwards to Rome we go.....
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Stupid
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Is THIS one of the "views" you agree with?

Trump advocates depriving undocumented immigrants of due-process rights

Sad and Stupid.
  • Options
    Or maybe it was...During the so called “listening session” with victims of school shootings when he was talking about arming teachers, he said “I think it could very well solve your problem.” Notice that he referred to the shooting of innocent children as “your” problem. 

Is THAT one of the "views" you agree with?

Sadder and Stupider.

• Options
    or was it that 

Trump Spent One-Third of His First Year in Office Golfing and Hiding Out at His Own Private Clubs

The saddest and the stupidest. 
  • Options
    Trump is a fucking embarrassment to the USA.

Respect and hold that.  Stupid.
  • Options
    carry on
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    "Snowflakes" dont want to hear it, please retreat to your safe space at a kid rock concert.  I'm sure there are tickets available.  2 minutes of hearing a viewpoint other than your own wont harm you
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    I never minded the banter from Ed, just don't ramble on and on and on like sometimes he does.  (case in point, msg 1 98 when they brought out the 3000 boxes representing the whitewater investigation...ugh).
    Quickly make your point and then look at Mike to start the next song.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
This discussion has been closed.