2018 Euro Merch

Comments

• crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    edited June 2018
    demetrios said:
    deathburger "Thanks everybody, I have APs but im not too happy about the colors on the print, because of that it is unlikely that I will sell them. I hope you understand my reasoning in that regard "

Unusual decision, so he's pretty much going to not take the $10k that he would make in the sale because he doesn't like the way it came out...wow.  That is an artist who cares about his work!
    Exactly what I was thinking. Love seeing artists care more about their work than $.  Kudos
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    demetrios said:
    deathburger "Thanks everybody, I have APs but im not too happy about the colors on the print, because of that it is unlikely that I will sell them. I hope you understand my reasoning in that regard "

Unusual decision, so he's pretty much going to not take the $10k that he would make in the sale because he doesn't like the way it came out...wow.  That is an artist who cares about his work!
    Exactly what I was thinking. Love seeing artists care more about their work than $.  Kudos
    I plan on buying something from the artist now because of his ethics.

That is awesome!!!
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    demetrios said:

I plan on buying something from the artist now because of his ethics.

That is awesome!!!

Deathburga in the house, playa!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314

truthwithintime IMPORTANT - Prints go live at 8pm BST (UK time) tomorrow 20/6/18 via my bigcartel shop (link in the bio).
    They will be limited to 1 print per order, any multiples will have payment returned.
    I want as many fans as possible to have the opportunity to get a print.
    All prints will be properly packaged and shipped in reinforced postal tubes from the U.K.
    Keep an eye on my stories as I’ll be posting a IG story as soon as they’re live and again when they’ve sold out. Judging by the volume of emails, DMs and messages I’ve had about these prints the demand is going to be high so I wish you all the best of luck.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Now that's a good one
    I've got to have one of these!!!!!!! Wow.....!!!!!!
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    demetrios said:

Ah, the old "save them and drip them out on Ebay for maximum profit tactic"

:P
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited June 2018
    vant0037 said:
    Any of these posters - probably framed, matted and hung - can look incredible. That’s art 101. Frankly, most people (PJ fans in particular) don’t display their stuff correctly, because it’s expensive or they don’t have an eye for matting etc or because they hang it next to five other things that don’t compliment it or because its being displayed in a Michael’s poster binder in a closet etc.  I’ve gone through those threads where people post pictures of their PJ prints framed and hung and all I can say is...yuck.  Lots of gutless black frame jobs hung over shitty home office desk furniture.  Yeah, of course it looks bad.

These prints aren’t my personal favorites but I could see someone doing something awesome with them.

Friendly rant over!
    My name is Amy. I have mismatched posters on my walls in clearance rack frames without mattes.  

Nothing is acid free. 

But!  We love our prints.  We love our goofy poster hall. We're okay with the way we framed our posters because it got them to the wall.  

I also have a old, paint blotchy table at the end of the hall.  The posters don't match the table or even compliment it, but it's all good!  

Different things make different people happy.  :smile:

P.S. FWIW, I even have a degree in art-- Fine Art with a concentration in printmaking. I also work as part of the display staff at an art gallery.  :wink:
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    myoung321 said:
    Now that's a good one
    I've got to have one of these!!!!!!! Wow.....!!!!!!
    This and the key chain best of tour so far!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,061
    deadendp said:
    vant0037 said:
    Any of these posters - probably framed, matted and hung - can look incredible. That’s art 101. Frankly, most people (PJ fans in particular) don’t display their stuff correctly, because it’s expensive or they don’t have an eye for matting etc or because they hang it next to five other things that don’t compliment it or because its being displayed in a Michael’s poster binder in a closet etc.  I’ve gone through those threads where people post pictures of their PJ prints framed and hung and all I can say is...yuck.  Lots of gutless black frame jobs hung over shitty home office desk furniture.  Yeah, of course it looks bad.

These prints aren’t my personal favorites but I could see someone doing something awesome with them.

Friendly rant over!
    My name is Amy. I have mismatched posters on my walls in clearance rack frames without mattes.  

Nothing is acid free. 

But!  We love our prints.  We love our goofy poster hall. We're okay with the way we framed our posters because it got them to the wall.  

I also have a old, paint blotchy table at the end of the hall.  The posters don't match the table or even compliment it, but it's all good!  

P.S. FWIW, I even have a degree in art-- Fine Art with a concentration in printmaking. I also work as part of the display staff at an art gallery.  :wink:
    Cool!  My wife has the same degree and we too have lots of randomly framed or hung stuff.  My only point was that PJ prints generate a LOT of discussion, much of it content critical and very little about how we are displaying.  We have stuff that others hate and we love; is that because the content is to our taste or because we have invested in framing?  Both? Neither?  I guess I’m not trying to answer that question, but only raise the point that good framing can compliment or detract from a print, depending on the print itself.  There’s a reason that art is hung the way it is in art museums; historically and today, the frame has an important role in enhancing the experience of viewing a print, just as displaying the prints with particular items does (eg other works of similar age, origin, content etc). In a home, this probably isn’t possible so it means it really comes down to a good frame and mat.

So at the end of the day, if someone hates the print but must have it, maybe a different display approach can salvage it.  (Or maybe a simple pass on the buy in the first place!  Haha!).  Thats all I was trying to get at!
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    vant0037 said:
    deadendp said:
    vant0037 said:

Friendly rant over!

Nothing is acid free. 

Cool!  My wife has the same degree and we too have lots of randomly framed or hung stuff.  My only point was that PJ prints generate a LOT of discussion, much of it content critical and very little about how we are displaying.  We have stuff that others hate and we love; is that because the content is to our taste or because we have invested in framing?  Both? Neither?  I guess I’m not trying to answer that question, but only raise the point that good framing can compliment or detract from a print, depending on the print itself.  There’s a reason that art is hung the way it is in art museums; historically and today, the frame has an important role in enhancing the experience of viewing a print, just as displaying the prints with particular items does (eg other works of similar age, origin, content etc). In a home, this probably isn’t possible so it means it really comes down to a good frame and mat.

So at the end of the day, if someone hates the print but must have it, maybe a different display approach can salvage it.  (Or maybe a simple pass on the buy in the first place!  Haha!).  Thats all I was trying to get at!
    Our rule for posters is that if we won't hang it, we won't buy it.  But yes, framing can make all the difference.  I have yet to see McCzech or Man-Pig framed in a way that takes the ugly out of them for me.  :smiley::rofl:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    deadendp said:
    vant0037 said:
    deadendp said:
    vant0037 said:

Friendly rant over!

Nothing is acid free. 

Our rule for posters is that if we won't hang it, we won't buy it.  But yes, framing can make all the difference.  I have yet to see McCzech or Man-Pig framed in a way that takes the ugly out of them for me.  :smiley::rofl:
    Here-here!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 572
    I am looking forward to framing the Tsang.  I read on his Facebook that he shipped the posters this past Monday.  Did anybody receive a Shipping Confirmation/Tracking Number?  If you have had experience buying from him before, does he indeed email a Tracking Number?  Thanks!
    edited June 2018
    demetrios said:

truthwithintime IMPORTANT - Prints go live at 8pm BST (UK time) tomorrow 20/6/18 via my bigcartel shop (link in the bio).
    They will be limited to 1 print per order, any multiples will have payment returned.
    I want as many fans as possible to have the opportunity to get a print.
    All prints will be properly packaged and shipped in reinforced postal tubes from the U.K.
    Keep an eye on my stories as I’ll be posting a IG story as soon as they’re live and again when they’ve sold out. Judging by the volume of emails, DMs and messages I’ve had about these prints the demand is going to be high so I wish you all the best of luck.
    45 pounds plus tracked postaged ...
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    edited June 2018
    Mr. Fixer said:
    I am looking forward to framing the Tsang.  I read on his Facebook that he shipped the posters this past Monday.  Did anybody receive a Shipping Confirmation/Tracking Number?  If you have had experience buying from him before, does he indeed email a Tracking Number?  Thanks!
    I don't think I got a shipping confirmation from him on my past order
    Sold out!
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    I buy them even if I don't really like them ,it's an illness I tell you!  I've got Amsterdam 2 and both London shows, they'll probably never get framed, I need help 
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    Who has a pay pall conformation?
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    I do and  an email
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I do and  an email
    Same. 
  • 1awman1awman Posts: 41
    Got it in the cart but the PayPal password forgetting cost me
  • 1awman1awman Posts: 41
    edited June 2018
    I buy them even if I don't really like them ,it's an illness I tell you!  I've got Amsterdam 2 and both London shows, they'll probably never get framed, I need help 
    So true and I’m now out - trouble adding from phone chopping of rest of post. Not bitter, honest!
    Post edited by 1awman on
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,486
    That sold out fast! Was on it with PayPal and details and sold out in checkout. Damn! 
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • dadesdades Posts: 321
    PayPal confirmed and email.
    Very happy as missed out on the Monday.Just need the shirt now.
    Whats with the four eyes on everything?Anybody know?
    Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018
  • nickhenickhe Scotland Posts: 18
    Managed to get one. So pleased as waiting in the merchandise queue for over an hour on Monday only for them to sell out just before I got to the front 
    Glasgow 2000
    Dublin 2006
    London 2007
    Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester 1 2012
    Manchester 2 2012
    London 1 2018
    London 2 2018
  • Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop Scotland Posts: 192
    edited June 2018
    demetrios said:
    and sold out again apparently. bloody hell!!!
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    1awman said:
    So true and I’m now out - trouble adding from phone chopping of rest of post. Not bitter, honest!
    How do I send you a PM? 
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    dades said:
    PayPal confirmed and email.
    Very happy as missed out on the Monday.Just need the shirt now.
    Whats with the four eyes on everything?Anybody know?
    Yes I asked the 10c merch guy because  all the extra eyes ruin every shirt and sticker. He said it's just to add a  je ne sais quois . Make you double take
     Yeah nice one
     All it does is make me angry it's fucked up decent images. Foolish . 
     And my French spelling is bad
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    Those that missed out - don't worry. There will likely be plenty of these in the 10c shop eventually. And, at only $35.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    shecky said:
    Those that missed out - don't worry. There will likely be plenty of these in the 10c shop eventually. And, at only $35.
    The question is, will they get stamped CANCELED. Or even not sold due to the cancellation.