Options

Request for Amongst the Waves in Amsterdam

jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
edited April 2018 in The Porch
I have a very special request.  

My wife Kelly and I will be traveling from Alabama to Amsterdam (for the first time!) and will be seeing you guys both nights! (hopefully on the rail, as we won GA tix!) at the Ziggo Dome.
I’d like to request that Amongst The Waves be played for this show.

Here’s why. 
After losing my brother (THANK YOU AGAIN for that AWESOME tribute you guys did for him in New Orleans in ‘16), we decided to try to have our first child.
Unfortunately, the pregnancy was Ectopic.  Which means the embryo attaches outside the uterus.  
This caused a burst in her fallopian tube, and she almost bled to death, internally on our couch.  Luckily, I was with her, and called 911.  The ER doctor said that she lost more blood than he’s seen and have someone still be alive or even conscious.  She made it through ICU and is looking on life in a whole new way.  As am I.

Back to the requested song.
Her new mantra has become “Where I can feel like I’ve put away my early grave. I gotta say it now
Better loud than too late”.
I know it would mean the world to her to hear that live, after almost not being around anymore.

Many thanks again,
and we’ll see you guys in Amsterdam!

P.S.
My wife and I have been expanding my brother's memorial charity.  Last year, for his memorial Kayak Float, we raised a little over $800 for local needing families during the Holidays.
We were able to buy two carts full of toys, another cart full of coats, hats and gloves, and another two carts full of food!
This year, we're expanding the float to a memorial show that night.  I've got three great local bands playing, and the venue has donated the time for free!
We've estimated that if we can sell all 750 tickets, we can give every needing family in the area a decent holiday and maybe even feed some at Thanksgiving!
If you're interested, go to his site here.

Thanks for your time!
- Michael Henderson
98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
Post edited by jamofpearls on

Comments

• Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Bump for this amazing and underappreciated song!
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...