When will the new album come out?

mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
I know it hasn’t been announced, but I’m hoping we hear some information soon. Thoughts?
I LOVE MUSIC.
www.cluthelee.com
www.cluthe.com

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    I think May 10th email will let us know

id day July
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Any longer than 9 months past the lead single and I would personally be surprised. I don’t see much of a scenario where they dont have it released by the beginning of fall with a US tour following and then Australia in the winter. 

And then after that who knows how they will tour it. 

But my random guess is right after the ballpark shows. Everyone in Europe and at the ballpark shows will get some more new material though. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    I think this is all we get for 2018 for concerts. New album late this fall or early in the winter. 2019 early Australian tour with a spring NA tour to promote the album. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Agree.  As much as I want us to be able to see them as many times as possible I think it would be a major mishandling to announce a fall US tour after so many fans booked travel to see them on the home and away shows who may have seen locally and saved thousands if they said they would tour in the fall in the US.
    That said, I say the record will drop before the home shows.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Im laughing at my younger self who thought the vitalogy to no code wait was long 
    edited April 2018
    wouldn’t they want a tour in conjuction with the drop though? You might have all these new fans (probably just retaining current mostly, but just for conversations sake) that hear the album and want to see them only to find out they only have a few ballpark shows that have since been sold out? All that fire in their belly to finally see them would surely die off if those were the last shows of the year. 

Edit- I would be pissed to spend that much only to hear they are coming to my city. But is that not part of what helps them sell them out the parks, the unknown of anymore shows (obviously probably sell out anyways, again just for convo)? 

I mean they released the single off the new album. I wonder if anyone is already pissed on what they have spent realizing there are more tours to come?
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    wouldn’t they want a tour in conjuction with the drop though? You might have all these new fans (probably just retaining current mostly, but just for conversations sake) that hear the album and want to see them only to find out they only have a few ballpark shows that have since been sold out? All that fire in their belly to finally see them would surely die off if those were the last shows of the year. 

Edit- I would be pissed to spend that much only to hear they are coming to my city. But is that not part of what helps them sell them out the parks, the unknown of anymore shows (obviously probably sell out anyways, again just for convo)? 

I mean they released the single off the new album. I wonder if anyone is already pissed on what they have spent realizing there are more tours to come?
    2013 they gave everyone a heads up there was more to come after London/Wrigley. Also in 2016 they said upfront that there would be shows at Fenway and Wrigley after the main lottery. I would be shocked if they had another tour this fall with 25+ shows already this year. 
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    PJNB said:
    I think this is all we get for 2018 for concerts. New album late this fall or early in the winter. 2019 early Australian tour with a spring NA tour to promote the album. 
    This seems perfectly realistic to me!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
    edited April 2018
    PJNB said:

2013 they gave everyone a heads up there was more to come after London/Wrigley. Also in 2016 they said upfront that there would be shows at Fenway and Wrigley after the main lottery. I would be shocked if they had another tour this fall with 25+ shows already this year. 
    That’s true. So I guess I would be more surprised if it doesn’t drop before Europe. Or really late in the year.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    I'm thinking not until early next year
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Oct/Nov with a 2019 AUS summer tour and a US summer tour.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    LukinFan said:
    I'm thinking not until early next year
    Hopefully sooner than that. That's a considerable wait after releasing the first single.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    End of summer or autumn 2018
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Im laughing at my younger self who thought the vitalogy to no code wait was long 

Neil Jam made up for that.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Based on Aments comment they aren't returning to the studio this year, is the new album finished or postponed indefinitely?
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    edited April 2018
    Based on Aments comment they aren't returning to the studio this year, is the new album finished or postponed indefinitely?
    Finished is my guess.  The band does a great job of “ playing on words”. I might be in the minority but I believe the new album drop in early June during the Euor tour. Announcement comes May 4th 
    Post edited by D-Rod on
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Yeah, I'd guess the same, maybe a little later. Out in late July, just before the home shows.
  • mvhessmvhess Posts: 19
    I'm thinking no time soon.  It's odd to me that the only information we have of a new album is one line in an email...and a song of course. No pictures or info of them in studio, no hints at the art direction, no rumors at all really.   Usually one of the band members gets interviewed for something (a charity/side project) and gives an update.  If this album is indeed done, it was a well-kept secret.  
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Ten studio albums deep you don't announce a "forthcoming album", release the lead single, yet don't have the rest of the songs completed. IMO, this one is in the bag and will see the light of day sooner than later. I'm guessing it drops sometime between now and the home shows. 
  • mvhessmvhess Posts: 19
    I would be more convinced that it was done if Can't Deny Me hadn't been recorded in February and released the second week of March.  There's always the possibility that they rushed this particular song out due to it's relevance to the state of the country.