2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited April 2018
    CopperTom said:
    LB was released before the 2013 East Coast tour started.

Lightning Bolt is the tenth studio album by the American rock band Pearl Jam.
    Produced by long-time Pearl Jam collaborator Brendan O'Brien,
    the album was released in the United States on October 15, 2013,
    through the band's own Monkeywrench Records,
    with Republic Records handling the international release.

The Pittsburgh show was October, 11th...
    Buffalo was October 12th.

There may have been a "leak" but the album was not released until after these 2 shows!!

Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    edited April 2018
    LB was released on 10/15/2013 which was the day of Worcester 1. It was a Tuesday and the third show of the tour. The album might have leaked before that but the official release date was 10/15. Not sure why it worked out that day but it did.

EDIT: derbydave nailed it above.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    derbydave said:
    CopperTom said:

There may have been a "leak" but the album was not released until after these 2 shows!!

This is how I recall it going down
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907
    Heard some rumblings about 2 EV dates(2nd one if 1st one is sold out) in Lisbon after the PJ show.

Person is usually right but there is a first time for everything
    There is part of me that thinks while an album is in progress it is not close to completion, and that Can't Deny Me was rushed out to have a new "protest song" to play in 2018.

• JimmyV said:
    There is part of me that thinks while an album is in progress it is not close to completion, and that Can't Deny Me was rushed out to have a new "protest song" to play in 2018.
    yup i think new album is after the US tour. maybe another single in between Euro tour
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    chiefnjk said:
    my2hands said:
    Sprunkn7 said:
    107.1 The Peak in Ct and NYC mentioned today that PJ will release a new album and then do a regular tour in US afterwards.  Sometime after the stadium shows. No specifics but he did say there would be something local for us in the NY area. I'm pretty sure it was Jimmy Fink.

That's what I think is going down... wrap up in Boston... head to NYC for all of the normal album release propaganda... album drop... kick off the  tour in with an eastern leg in September... take off October for Ed... Western tour in November/December...

Just like 2013 and Lightning Bolt, except this is 7 Stadium Shows instead of 1... play a few new songs at the stadiums to build hype and sell digital singles leading up to the release... 

Would be nice, but they didn’t do a summer Europe tour in 2013. Guessing album release late 2018, followed by Australia early 2019. Then full US/Can tour also in 2019.

Excellent guess. 2018 is light years from 2013 for the band.

Considering where the band is in their lives, they have shown zero interest in playing much more than 30 shows a year since 2014. And that annual total is decreasing as the years roll by.

They probably release Eleven in the fall. Perhaps a few promotional appearances after that.

That opens 2019 to be their most extensive touring schedule since 2013. If we are lucky, 35 shows. About 10 international and 25 in the US. Write it down ';-)
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    derbydave said:
    CopperTom said:

We were able to listen to it on itunes before the release.  It was a special preview or something like that.  I remember knowing what song Pendulum was when I saw they opened Pittsburgh with it.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • just_one said:
    Heard some rumblings about 2 EV dates(2nd one if 1st one is sold out) in Lisbon after the PJ show.

Glen hansard playing in NY july 27..so EV dates maybe
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
    just_one said:

Glen hansard playing in NY july 27..so EV dates maybe
    A few weeks ago Glen played Boston on Friday, Washington DC on Saturday, Philly on Sunday and then flew to Brazil to play with Ed on Wednesday. So anything is possible.

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    derbydave said:
    CopperTom said:

Lightning Bolt was released on Apple Music one week before the album, also were internet leaks of Getaway and Swallowed Whole in September 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • rmwatsonrmwatson Posts: 159

The rumors have been pretty much squashed already; but, I think we can officially put to bed the Citizens Bank Park rumors for the weekend after Fenway....looks like it is already booked :)
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    rmwatson said:

The rumors have been pretty much squashed already; but, I think we can officially put to bed the Citizens Bank Park rumors for the weekend after Fenway....looks like it is already booked :)
    Still looks like a great reason to get to Philly that weekend if you ask me
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Surely they will come to Australia this year ;)
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
    Citizens Bank Park might be out, but Wells Fargo Center looks open September 8,9, & 10 before Elton John plays 11 & 12 (would love to see that show).  Just wishful thinking...
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/article209140279.html

Ament, who turned 55 last month, also is releasing a solo album and said that Pearl Jam does not have any immediate plans to go back into the studio. But after 28 years together, the band doesn't plan to slow down its heavy touring schedule. "There's really nothing better than getting together with our friends and playing music," Ament said. "It wouldn't really make sense to stop."

:o  :o:o:o:o

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    verceman said:

Ament, who turned 55 last month, also is releasing a solo album and said that Pearl Jam does not have any immediate plans to go back into the studio. But after 28 years together, the band doesn't plan to slow down its heavy touring schedule. "There's really nothing better than getting together with our friends and playing music," Ament said. "It wouldn't really make sense to stop."

New album no more?
  • verceman said:

New album no more?

Heavy touring schedule?
  • pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Or they already recorded it....
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    ACL announcement Wednesday.  Come to papa............. :)
  • dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    well if there is gonna be anything else in the fall it will be announced in this months letter just like 2013. announcement in may, tickets went on sale july 27th. fingers crossed
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    edited May 2018
    dtr0624 said:
    well if there is gonna be anything else in the fall it will be announced in this months letter just like 2013. announcement in may, tickets went on sale july 27th. fingers crossed
    Announced in July. Not May. Tickets wouldn’t go on sale 2 months later. 
  • jessebasijessebasi Toronto Posts: 149
    No ACL for PJ :( 

Lineup is still pretty killer though, compared to the rest of this year for festivals.
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    yeah, even without pj i'm pretty pumped for acl.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    dtr0624 said:
    Announced in July. Not May. Tickets wouldn’t go on sale 2 months
    Im pretty sure it was either may or june cause they had the announcement, 10c lottery THEN public sale in the end of july. I still think if we don't hear anything this letter, some type of STAY TUNED or something then 2018 is a lost cause.  maybe we will get lucky and they announce it late in june but I doubt it
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    10c lottery and announcement were on the same date. July 8th with the public sale being later. 

https://pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-announces-fall-2013-north-american-tour-dates

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Still hoping for an Australian Tour this year...
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    PJNB said:
    10c lottery and announcement were on the same date. July 8th with the public sale being later. 

https://pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-announces-fall-2013-north-american-tour-dates

Cant wait for arena tour like this again
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    PJNB said:

Had to cross the pond this year for this treatment. Arena tours are the best though they love pulling out all the stops at the ballpark shows. Just need binoculars to see them lol. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:

Agreed.  I'm sure I'll change my tune as the date draws closer but I am not overly pumped for the wrigley show I am attending.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......