does anyone here dig brandi carlile's music?

dq4lifedq4life Posts: 154
edited May 2007 in Other Music
cause i certainly do. she's got a really cool and distinctive voice. she's a really great songwirter too. and i just can't get "what can i say" out of my head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0K2RtyUIgs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZYuA8evZio
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• happyhourherohappyhourhero Posts: 204
    i dig, she's outstanding! she does a great cover of creep and hallelujah. check this out if you havn't already http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=178615598 this isn't her offical myspace page though...
  • yeah, shes great. hot, too. too bad she doesnt go for guys.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • dq4lifedq4life Posts: 154
    yeah, shes great. hot, too. too bad she doesnt go for guys.
    huh. i wasn't aware of that.
  • dq4life wrote:
    huh. i wasn't aware of that.

well, i think she tried to keep it kind of a hush hush thing, but one of the guys in her band told the press and apparently people have seen her out with her partner.
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I think the boiler suit gives it away.
    what do you guys think of her new album?
  • happyhourherohappyhourhero Posts: 204
    yeah, shes great. hot, too. too bad she doesnt go for guys.

yea, thats too bad....damn...

dq, i like the new album alot, but i have to say i like the first album better.
    yea, thats too bad....damn...

dq, i like the new album alot, but i have to say i like the first album better.
    hmm... idk, i'd say it's a tie for me.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    dq4life wrote:
    cause i certainly do. she's got a really cool and distinctive voice. she's a really great songwirter too. and i just can't get "what can i say" out of my head.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0K2RtyUIgs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZYuA8evZio

WOW! I'm seriously impressed, great voice. I'll certainly be looking into more of her music.
  • dq, i like the new album alot, but i have to say i like the first album better.

i agree, but the more i listen to the second, the more i like it.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Opening for the Avett Brothers in Worcester, MA tomorrow. Wish it was a full show but excited to see her again nonetheless. Will be our third time.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    big fan. such an amazing voice
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • She backed up DMB at the Gorge. We had premium seating and came early to check her out. A tiny gal that could wail.

She covered 'The Chain' by Fleetwood Mac and it was freaking awesome. I bought one of her CDs when I got home.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    all of her albums are great...and she's even better live. grab her Live from Benaroya Hall album.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Brandi was great again. She has another New England swing scheduled for the summer but no Boston show yet. Hoping we get an addition this week.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    I have always liked Brandi, but never delved deeply into her music. I got her new album, By the Way, I forgive you and absolutely love it. It's a stunning piece of work
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    My wife is a HUGE Brandi fan. Based on that I've come to appreciate her music and have seen her 4 times. 
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    I would love to see her live, but she hasn't toured Australia since 2008!! She needs to get back out here
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Bine75Bine75 Germany Posts: 77
    I love the new album " By the way, I forgive you"!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Can’t get enough of her music The Joke is a stunning song , screw the bullies ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Just 4 days after giving birth to a baby girl, she was performing at the Seattle "March For Our Lives" rally 2 weekends ago.  She was amazing!  And she brought a shy Dave Matthews out to do a song too.  It was a great set!

I also think I saw her open for Ray Lamontagne once... thank GOODNESS she opened, she was amazing, but as much as I think Ray L is talented, that was truly one of the most lethargic shows I've ever seen.  So at least BC made us feel like we got something seriously good out of the night...
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    Big fan here, I think she's incredible, would love to see her live.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    She’s on Stern this morning, a great interview. Plus she sang The Joke and CSN’s Helplessly Hoping
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

Big fan here, I think she's incredible, would love to see her live.
    Same here. We’re finally getting to see her in June! Can’t wait!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    RS151862 said:
    She’s on Stern this morning, a great interview. Plus she sang The Joke and CSN’s Helplessly Hoping
    She was great on stern.  Loved her performances.  I need to dive into her music.  I saw her jam once with MMJ at red rocks and her performance was great.  
    It was neat hearing her talk about mike and their friendship.  Apparently she and her family have property near Mike (or they share property) and they hang out often.  She talked about jamming with him. It was also neat to hear about she and Elton’s friendship
  • HawkeyeJamHawkeyeJam Posts: 209
    Seeing her at the Paramount in Cedar Rapids in June.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    dr122931 said:
    RS151862 said:
    She was great on stern.  Loved her performances.  I need to dive into her music.  I saw her jam once with MMJ at red rocks and her performance was great.  
    It was neat hearing her talk about mike and their friendship.  Apparently she and her family have property near Mike (or they share property) and they hang out often.  She talked about jamming with him. It was also neat to hear about she and Elton’s friendship
    Here’s the performance she was talking about, it’s pretty good.

https://youtu.be/Fja_g5uYSQ8
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I love her music...she has a great voice.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    Love her - I've seen her twice and she's great.  We're seeing her at the Greek in LA in August.