2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    One more bootleg..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    edited March 2018
    Was just listning to wmmr in philly and the dj said the band is going to be announcing 2 philly shows at citizens bank park in September over the weekend of 7-8-9 . !! 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Was just listning to wmmr in philly and the dj said the band is going to be announcing 2 philly shows at citizens bank park in September over the weekend of 7-8-9 . !! 
    SAY what?!?!?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    mcgruff10 said:
    SAY what?!?!?!
    Can someone second this?  It’s not too late to ask for this weekend off for me haha
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    Im skeptical... the Phillies play on the 10th.  Is 18 hours enough time to get a field play-ready after 2 nights of concerts?
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • gvilliangvillian Clarks Summit, PA Posts: 118
    I’m not a conspiracy theorist by any means, just one of the many hoping/thankful for Philly shows.  Found  a tweet from a few days ago from one of the WMMR DJs referencing Ed shouting out to them for their 45th anniversary and says he wonders what kind of shout out they will get for 50th (which is this year)- I know this could mean from any other band- just trying to stoke the Philly fire a little.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Im skeptical... the Phillies play on the 10th.  Is 18 hours enough time to get a field play-ready after 2 nights of concerts?
    Nope 
    After I heard it I came right here to post,  I’m not spreading rumors just what I heard on Wmmr he said it right after can’t deny me. If anyone would know it would be them. 
  • Aren't they selling 2018 world tour shirts at the SA gigs with all the dates on the back? I think the dates we got are the dates for this year. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Does the DJ read this thread and provide info like alternative nation?
    After I heard it I came right here to post,  I’m not spreading rumors just what I heard on Wmmr he said it right after can’t deny me. If anyone would know it would be them. 
    I appreciate you doing so.  I absolutely believe you heard him say it, just questioning whether the radio host really knows or not.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Awesome news!  Thanks for posting =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

God I hope this is true!  I have off that monday and tuesday so it would be perfect.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    mcgruff10 said:
    God I hope this is true!  I have off that monday and tuesday so it would be perfect.
    My wife is going to kill me if so...
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Nothing wrong with that!
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Some things are worth dying for.
  • lukemil33lukemil33 Vandalia, OH Posts: 231
    Awesome news if they're right! Wonder why they weren't announced with the other stadium dates?
    rummy said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Totally. Jeff has to step it up. 
    I sure 93.3 wmmr has their radio shows podcasted.
    I was driving to work at 8:30 am so if someone can find the pod cast from this morning you can hear for yourself. Would have to be said between 8:30 am - 8:50 am after can’t deny me. 

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Dude should be fired if it doesn’t turn out to be true 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I was driving to work at 8:30 am so if someone can find the pod cast from this morning you can hear for yourself. Would have to be said between 8:30 am - 8:50 am after can’t deny me. 

I'm skeptical of the Philly rumors being true but I don't at all doubt your word or that you heard what you heard.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    He just has to make sure she doesn't kill him BEFORE the shows.
    JimmyV said:

I'm skeptical of the Philly rumors being true but I don't at all doubt your word or that you heard what you heard.
    For Philly fans (and more bootlegs to eventually get ahold of) I hope it's true but I dunno...
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    rummy said:
    JimmyV said:

For Philly fans (and more bootlegs to eventually get ahold of) I hope it's true but I dunno...
    I literally spent years trying to wish the Fenway shows into existence so I understand completely what they are feeling. :smiley:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    LOL she just rolled her eyes at me when I told her that the Philly rumours are back. I need to sleep with 1 eye open for sure.
    PJNB said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    LOL she just rolled her eyes at me when I told her that the Philly rumours are back. I need to sleep with 1 eye open for sure.
    My wife is in for a show!  Ok let's announce it already! 
    What I could see happening would be Thursday/Saturday shows. September 6/8 shows with plenty of time for the crew to get the field together for the Phillies on Monday. 
    What I could see happening would be Thursday/Saturday shows. September 6/8 shows with plenty of time for the crew to get the field together for the Phillies on Monday. 
    You think that is enough time to get to Philly from Boston?
    The last show in Boston is on September 4th Tuesday. 

I guess a Friday-Sunday would be more fitting. Because they def need more than 1 day of cleanup and setup in between. 
    edited March 2018
    Back go back nights (Fri/Sat) are doable too. I know it is a long shot of this happening but come on lets do this!