2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    The Philly rumors are starting up again for September 8-9. I know all signs say no, but I have faith in the PJ rumor network.
    wells fargo or citizens bank?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    I'm thinking we get an arena tour in early 2019.  At least that's what I'm hoping for!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376
    The Philly rumors are starting up again for September 8-9. I know all signs say no, but I have faith in the PJ rumor network.
    Hope you’re right! I passed on Wrigley and Fenway because we’d been there and done that already.  But a show at Citizens Bank would be awesome and only an hour away.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    on2legs said:
    Hope you’re right! I passed on Wrigley and Fenway because we’d been there and done that already.  But a show at Citizens Bank would be awesome and only an hour away.  =)
    My friends dad is the VP at Citizens Bank Park, and he said it's a no go.  Since the Eagles won the Super Bowl, there is going to be a huge party that weekend for the home opener.  If they lost the Super Bowl, this would've been an away game.  Apparently the city didn't want the city to have both the Pearl Jam crowd, and the Eagles fans all in one place at one time.  I hope he's just messing with me.
  • Friz33Friz33 Posts: 43
    SJD3232 said:
    on2legs said:
    My friends dad is the VP at Citizens Bank Park, and he said it's a no go.  Since the Eagles won the Super Bowl, there is going to be a huge party that weekend for the home opener.  If they lost the Super Bowl, this would've been an away game.  Apparently the city didn't want the city to have both the Pearl Jam crowd, and the Eagles fans all in one place at one time.  I hope he's just messing with me.
    The Eagles will be playing the NFL season opener on Thursday, September 6th.
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
    SJD3232 said:
    on2legs said:

Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
    Appreciate the info but it doesn’t make sense that the city would want all of those fans in only one place, Pear Jam played Wells Fargo in 16 while the Phillies were in a playoff game at CBP. But I’m also grasped at straws hope this still happens, so who knows...
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    on2legs said:
    I've done Wrigley & Fenway before too, so i understand where you're coming from. I was gonna pass this year, but decided to hit up Fenway again. I won't be pissed if this happens, but i won't be happy either, because they should've announced this at the same time, i think. "IF" it happens.  I basically live across the street from CBP and would've SAVED A LOT of MONEY. Oh well.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    ponner1us said:
    Appreciate the info but it doesn’t make sense that the city would want all of those fans in only one place, Pear Jam played Wells Fargo in 16 while the Phillies were in a playoff game at CBP. But I’m also grasped at straws hope this still happens, so who knows...
    Nobody remembers the spectrum run?  Pj and a home World Series game at the same time. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Come play Pittsburgh, no threat of a World Series conflict here. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    ponner1us said:
    Pear Jam played Wells Fargo in 16 while the Phillies were in a playoff game at CBP.
    My Phils haven't been in the postseason since 2011...

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376
    cutz said:
    on2legs said:
    I've done Wrigley & Fenway before too, so i understand where you're coming from. I was gonna pass this year, but decided to hit up Fenway again. I won't be pissed if this happens, but i won't be happy either, because they should've announced this at the same time, i think. "IF" it happens.  I basically live across the street from CBP and would've SAVED A LOT of MONEY. Oh well.
    I totally agree with you.  I’d be a little upset if I shelled out the cash for another show and travel.  But remember... the Philly shows are probably not happening and you still get to see PJ play no matter what. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

“My Phils haven't been in the postseason since 2011...”. Sorry about that, some sort of ball game going on, but I’m probably wrong, my memory of that evening is a little hazy, except for the concert of course. 
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    ponner1us said:
    Pear Jam played Wells Fargo in 16 while the Phillies were in a playoff game at CBP.
    My Phils haven't been in the postseason since 2011...

...and MLB playoffs are in October.

ponner1us said:
    “My Phils haven't been in the postseason since 2011...”. Sorry about that, some sort of ball game going on, but I’m probably wrong, my memory of that evening is a little hazy, except for the concert of course. 
    You've remember what's most important (and baseball is important - to me anyway) and that's what matters most!
    on2legs said:
    cutz said:
    on2legs said:
    I totally agree with you.  I’d be a little upset if I shelled out the cash for another show and travel.  But remember... the Philly shows are probably not happening and you still get to see PJ play no matter what. 
    I have nothing to back this up except for "past practices of the band" and I'm thinking 2019 will be good for NA fans.
  • Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    Philly venues are minutes up the road for me.  Bring it!!!!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I don't think it would be the ballpark in philly.... I think it would be an arena tour starting right after the Fenway shows to coincide with an album release.... imagine a new album dropping that Friday after Fenway and starting off an arena tour on that same Friday/Saturday with 2 shows in philly... maybe that arena run would include the much anticipated Raleigh makeup date? Maybe even a fun little DC show, it's been a while since they played that arena... they could do those Atlanta & Nashville shows everybody is waiting for....

When they release an album they don't wait 3-4 months to tour/promote it... if an album is coming in 2018, so are more shows

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    on2legs said:
    cutz said:
    on2legs said:
    Yes, i do get to still see PJ, and that's always a good thing. (Because like you said: Philly shows are probably not happening)
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
     If the new album comes out before or after the ballpark shows, I would assume a west coast tour. They already did the east coast back in 2016. Last time out west was 2013, sorry guys.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    my2hands said:
    I don't think it would be the ballpark in philly.... I think it would be an arena tour starting right after the Fenway shows to coincide with an album release.... imagine a new album dropping that Friday after Fenway and starting off an arena tour on that same Friday/Saturday with 2 shows in philly... maybe that arena run would include the much anticipated Raleigh makeup date? Maybe even a fun little DC show, it's been a while since they played that arena... they could do those Atlanta & Nashville shows everybody is waiting for....

When they release an album they don't wait 3-4 months to tour/promote it... if an album is coming in 2018, so are more shows

I like the way you think. if this happens then I will be SUPER Broke!  :lol:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    mcgruff10 said:
    ponner1us said:
    Nobody remembers the spectrum run?  Pj and a home World Series game at the same time. 

...and a Flyers game at Wells Fargo in the afternoon. What a wild day.
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Announce Amsterdam 2...
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Announce Melbourne 1. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Announce Melbourne 1. 
    And the rest of Australia!!
  • Greg354xxxGreg354xxx Toowoomba, QLD, Australia Posts: 76
    Announce Melbourne 1. 
    And the rest of Australia!!
    It's been a long time since the last headline tour here
    Brisbane: 14/03/98, 08/02/03, 10/11/06, 25/11/09
    Gold Coast: 19/01/14
    Ed solo: 12/03/11, 25/02/14
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    People still click on Alternative Nation? The click bait articles using ridiculous headlines and deaths over and over again was too much for me. An "Inside Source" is not a post on a forum.... 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• guessing there should be EV show after Europe or in between US shows 
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Announce Amsterdam 2...
    There you go buddy!!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    derbydave said:
    Announce Amsterdam 2...
    There you go buddy!!!

Ask and sometimes you shall receive.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."