Pearl Jam is coming to Rio de Janeiro!

124»

Comments

  • cavalinicavalini Rio de JaneiroPosts: 18
    kjmed said:
    cavalini said:
    kjmed said:
    guys, the premium tickets are sold out, right?
    It was. But all sectors are available now
    Thanks!!! I already managed to buy the ticket over the phone and I got Pista Premium! so happy!!!!
    Nice! Enjoy the concert.
    12/04/05 - Rio de Janeiro
    11/06/11 - Rio de Janeiro
    11/26/13 - Oakland, CA
    10/25/14 - Mountain View, CA
    11/22/15 - Rio de Janeiro
    03/21/18 - Rio de Janeiro
  • Faithfull_feFaithfull_fe Posts: 33
    edited March 13
    My girlfriend and I are headed down to Rio for the 3/21/2018...I wanted to know what other 10C members are headed down and if there is any official bar to meet up before or after the show? 10C Volleyball tournament ha?! Safe travels and love to one and all. 
    Oh, yeah! Some information of meetings?!
    There is somehwere in the forum about this topic, maybe??
    (even about information of the stadium - and things like that, because, man, it's gonna be my birthday party, I need to be in the front!! ;) )
    Post edited by Faithfull_fe on
    ♪ we all believe it
    ...
    23/11/05 - Porto Alegre/Brasil
    11/11/11 - Porto Alegre/Brasil
  • DukesW2012DukesW2012 Posts: 16
    DEGBTI said:
    My girlfriend and I are headed down to Rio for the 3/21/2018...I wanted to know what other 10C members are headed down and if there is any official bar to meet up before or after the show? 10C Volleyball tournament ha?! Safe travels and love to one and all. 
    we will be flying in on the 17th. Definitely want to find some 10c'ers to hang with
    Awesome. Anyone have a good general meeting spot prior to the show? We are staying down in Copacabana so if anyone wants to meet up to watch some NCAA tournament or grab some cold ones between now and the show, we could meet at Mudbug or another bar down there. I am bullshitting out here as it will be my first time in Rio! Open to any suggestion on where to meet some fellow 10c and have some beers and talk music. Heres to a great opener tonight!
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diegoPosts: 176
    DEGBTI said:
    My girlfriend and I are headed down to Rio for the 3/21/2018...I wanted to know what other 10C members are headed down and if there is any official bar to meet up before or after the show? 10C Volleyball tournament ha?! Safe travels and love to one and all. 
    we will be flying in on the 17th. Definitely want to find some 10c'ers to hang with
    Awesome. Anyone have a good general meeting spot prior to the show? We are staying down in Copacabana so if anyone wants to meet up to watch some NCAA tournament or grab some cold ones between now and the show, we could meet at Mudbug or another bar down there. I am bullshitting out here as it will be my first time in Rio! Open to any suggestion on where to meet some fellow 10c and have some beers and talk music. Heres to a great opener tonight!
    perfect, we are staying there too
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diegoPosts: 176
    to the locals, do bands still play if its raining in Rio?
  • anapaulaanapaula Rio de JaneiroPosts: 14
    DEGBTI said:
    to the locals, do bands still play if its raining in Rio?
    Yes!! 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diegoPosts: 176
    anapaula said:
    DEGBTI said:
    to the locals, do bands still play if its raining in Rio?
    Yes!! 
    sweet!!
  • anapaulaanapaula Rio de JaneiroPosts: 14
    DEGBTI said:
    anapaula said:
    DEGBTI said:
    to the locals, do bands still play if its raining in Rio?
    Yes!! 
    sweet!!
    It's been so hot here lately, rain will be welcome!! Let's just hope it's not too much rain, because Maracanã surroundings can get flooded. 
  • anapaulaanapaula Rio de JaneiroPosts: 14
    DEGBTI said:
    DEGBTI said:
    My girlfriend and I are headed down to Rio for the 3/21/2018...I wanted to know what other 10C members are headed down and if there is any official bar to meet up before or after the show? 10C Volleyball tournament ha?! Safe travels and love to one and all. 
    we will be flying in on the 17th. Definitely want to find some 10c'ers to hang with
    Awesome. Anyone have a good general meeting spot prior to the show? We are staying down in Copacabana so if anyone wants to meet up to watch some NCAA tournament or grab some cold ones between now and the show, we could meet at Mudbug or another bar down there. I am bullshitting out here as it will be my first time in Rio! Open to any suggestion on where to meet some fellow 10c and have some beers and talk music. Heres to a great opener tonight!
    perfect, we are staying there too
    I would love to get together with you guys! And I'm here to help if you guys have questions or need anything while in town. 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diegoPosts: 176
    well, bad news this morning. After buying my pista premium tickets, flights, hotels, ect..our plane leaves tomorrow morning from San Diego. My kids friend says, did you guys get Visa's? I'm like, what? He says ya, you need a Visa to get into Brazil! I have never traveled out of the USA before. I thought all we needed were passports. Turns out I fucked up. We tried all day today but the bottom line is I cant get Visa's overnight. Trip cancelled 12 hours before we leave. I planned the trip last November, paid for everything. Took the time off work. Literally haven't slept waiting to see my favorite band in the best place ever, gone just like that. On top of that, like a dumb fuck I did not buy insurance for the trip. So I'm out 4K and another $1k on tickets for the concert. This is a bad day. All my fault on top of that. Sucks. Have fun guys, do a shot for me!
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 4,145
    DEGBTI said:
    well, bad news this morning. After buying my pista premium tickets, flights, hotels, ect..our plane leaves tomorrow morning from San Diego. My kids friend says, did you guys get Visa's? I'm like, what? He says ya, you need a Visa to get into Brazil! I have never traveled out of the USA before. I thought all we needed were passports. Turns out I fucked up. We tried all day today but the bottom line is I cant get Visa's overnight. Trip cancelled 12 hours before we leave. I planned the trip last November, paid for everything. Took the time off work. Literally haven't slept waiting to see my favorite band in the best place ever, gone just like that. On top of that, like a dumb fuck I did not buy insurance for the trip. So I'm out 4K and another $1k on tickets for the concert. This is a bad day. All my fault on top of that. Sucks. Have fun guys, do a shot for me!
    Oh wow gutted for you. To be honest I may have done the same thing. Yes it is only money and yes you will see more shows but it still stings a lot I would imagine. Make sure you periscope the show. If you need any help set it up let me know. 
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • gabriellachamegabriellachame Rio de Janeiro, BrasilPosts: 3
    DEGBTI said:
    well, bad news this morning. After buying my pista premium tickets, flights, hotels, ect..our plane leaves tomorrow morning from San Diego. My kids friend says, did you guys get Visa's? I'm like, what? He says ya, you need a Visa to get into Brazil! I have never traveled out of the USA before. I thought all we needed were passports. Turns out I fucked up. We tried all day today but the bottom line is I cant get Visa's overnight. Trip cancelled 12 hours before we leave. I planned the trip last November, paid for everything. Took the time off work. Literally haven't slept waiting to see my favorite band in the best place ever, gone just like that. On top of that, like a dumb fuck I did not buy insurance for the trip. So I'm out 4K and another $1k on tickets for the concert. This is a bad day. All my fault on top of that. Sucks. Have fun guys, do a shot for me!
    omg, I'm so sorry for you and ur family!! Really sad to read this :(
    You can try to sell your tickets, at least you will get  part of the money back. I sold my extra ticket on stubhub this week, maybe you can sell yours too! Unfortunately is the only thing you can do now :( 
    Rio de Janeiro
    2011 - 2015 - 2018
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diegoPosts: 176
    thank you, yes, I put the tickets on stub hub, although I obviously wont get back what I paid, hopefully I get face value.Better than nothing!

    thanks again!
  • saurighisaurighi Posts: 34
    Given the recent events in Rio and the increased violence, I think it'd be a good idea to attend the concert as a group, especially for those coming from abroad. How many of you are going? Are you ok to meet upfront? Also, we should have a plan on how to leave Maracana and safely return home.
    13/11/96 Milan - 16/06/14 Amsterdam - 25/11/15 Bogota - 29/05/17 EV Amsterdam - 21/03/18 Rio de Janeiro - 12/06/18 Amsterdam - 13/06/18 Amsterdam - 18/06/18 London - 24/06/18 Padova - 05/07/18 Berlin (AMAZING)
  • Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 190
    DEGBTI said:
    My girlfriend and I are headed down to Rio for the 3/21/2018...I wanted to know what other 10C members are headed down and if there is any official bar to meet up before or after the show? 10C Volleyball tournament ha?! Safe travels and love to one and all. 
    we will be flying in on the 17th. Definitely want to find some 10c'ers to hang with
    Awesome. Anyone have a good general meeting spot prior to the show? We are staying down in Copacabana so if anyone wants to meet up to watch some NCAA tournament or grab some cold ones between now and the show, we could meet at Mudbug or another bar down there. I am bullshitting out here as it will be my first time in Rio! Open to any suggestion on where to meet some fellow 10c and have some beers and talk music. Heres to a great opener tonight!
    Mudbug sounds good let's make this happen. 
  • cavalinicavalini Rio de JaneiroPosts: 18
    saurighi said:
    Given the recent events in Rio and the increased violence, I think it'd be a good idea to attend the concert as a group, especially for those coming from abroad. How many of you are going? Are you ok to meet upfront? Also, we should have a plan on how to leave Maracana and safely return home.
    I live in Rio. 
    Unfortunelly the violence has escalated in the last two years. So pay attention.
    I think a best way is to take the subway. You should disembark in Maracanã Station. The station is in front of the Maracanã. Most people will take the subway to go to the concert. The same to return. The subway will extend the operation in 1 hour after the end of the concert. There is enough time to take it.
    Outside Maracanã there will be a satisfatory number of police officers. I was there three weeks ago to attend Foo Fighters show. Usually the police uses the same contigence to this kind of event in Maracanã. But be careful anyway.
    If you want to drink some beers before the concert you can to go to the Bar dos Esportes. It is in front of Maracanã.
    Address:  R. Prof. Euríco Rabêlo, 105
    12/04/05 - Rio de Janeiro
    11/06/11 - Rio de Janeiro
    11/26/13 - Oakland, CA
    10/25/14 - Mountain View, CA
    11/22/15 - Rio de Janeiro
    03/21/18 - Rio de Janeiro
  • EG169010EG169010 Posts: 7
    Definitely up to meet before the show. We are staying near Ipamema but could make it over to this Mudbug place before thr show to travel there together
  • EG169010EG169010 Posts: 7
    So has anyone got a plan for before the show?!
  • Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 190
    I'm still in for Mudbug!! I'm solo so i would love to tag along with you guys. Pick a time and I'll be there. 
  • Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 190
    EG169010 said:
    Definitely up to meet before the show. We are staying near Ipamema but could make it over to this Mudbug place before thr show to travel there together

  • EG169010EG169010 Posts: 7
    Mikemzl91 sent you a PM!
  • DukesW2012DukesW2012 Posts: 16
    DEGBTI said:
    well, bad news this morning. After buying my pista premium tickets, flights, hotels, ect..our plane leaves tomorrow morning from San Diego. My kids friend says, did you guys get Visa's? I'm like, what? He says ya, you need a Visa to get into Brazil! I have never traveled out of the USA before. I thought all we needed were passports. Turns out I fucked up. We tried all day today but the bottom line is I cant get Visa's overnight. Trip cancelled 12 hours before we leave. I planned the trip last November, paid for everything. Took the time off work. Literally haven't slept waiting to see my favorite band in the best place ever, gone just like that. On top of that, like a dumb fuck I did not buy insurance for the trip. So I'm out 4K and another $1k on tickets for the concert. This is a bad day. All my fault on top of that. Sucks. Have fun guys, do a shot for me!
    I saw your message about five days before the show, but it was on my phone in a Rio bar so not the best place to respond. I am so sorry this happened and especially with the whole Visa process. If it is any consolation, due to the economic strife and the show being in the middle of the week, besides the floor, Maracana was half empty. The crowd was not as passionate due to this however it was still a pretty darn good show. Hopefully, Ten Club finds out about your strife and next time the band plays SoCal you could get a shoutout or something.

    As for everyone else on this thread, I am sorry for slouching on mudbug, I didn't have service besides my airbnb and was all over the place for 10 days. I hope everyone had a fantastic time and the countdown to hosting you all here in Seattle in August is ON!
  • RG198387RG198387 Rio de JaneiroPosts: 8
    DukesW2012,
    The funny thing about your last Message is that, when you said "due to economic strife and the show being in the middle of the week, (...) Maracana was half empty", you trully mischief the truth. There were 50 "fucking" thousand people there (50.000). The maximum people accept for that venue is a bit more than 65 thousand (65.500). As you can attest by this information, the venue was full, not sold out, but full. The "economic issue" is the real villain for sure, not the fact that the concert happend in the middle of the week.
    Now, the "passion issue"... I don't know wich are your references about it and, to be honest, it is trully a subjective matter, but come on, "the crowd was not as passionate..."?! Have you really been to that gig? People were crazy as fuck there!
    Are you one of those fancy hardcore Pearl Jam Ten Club fan?
    Anyway, hope you had a big time last wednesday!
  • DukesW2012DukesW2012 Posts: 16
    RG198387 said:
    DukesW2012,
    The funny thing about your last Message is that, when you said "due to economic strife and the show being in the middle of the week, (...) Maracana was half empty", you trully mischief the truth. There were 50 "fucking" thousand people there (50.000). The maximum people accept for that venue is a bit more than 65 thousand (65.500). As you can attest by this information, the venue was full, not sold out, but full. The "economic issue" is the real villain for sure, not the fact that the concert happend in the middle of the week.
    Now, the "passion issue"... I don't know wich are your references about it and, to be honest, it is trully a subjective matter, but come on, "the crowd was not as passionate..."?! Have you really been to that gig? People were crazy as fuck there!
    Are you one of those fancy hardcore Pearl Jam Ten Club fan?
    Anyway, hope you had a big time last wednesday!
    RG: First off relax. We are all friends here. Second, maybe my expectations for this was a little too high, but a fellow 10c friend, a native of Curitiba, who has been to over 10 shows in Brasil, said that it was not as full as the one in 2015 due to it being on a Wednesday vs a Sunday as traffic during the week in Rio is insane as well as the factors that I already mentioned. The reserved seating was not very full. I loved my time in Brasil, but I'd love to see them in a more intimate setting next time down there. Obrigado.
124»
Sign In or Register to comment.