Options

CAN'T DENY ME!!!

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    igotid88 said:
    Why can't I find it in itunes?
    https://apple.co/2FAc1Wp
    Right, but if I go straight to itunes and search Pearl Jam, it doesn't come up in the results.  If people don't already have that link, I'm not sure how they'd find it.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    How can I go to bed now 
    Now I just want to know when we get the full album! 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    I’m gonna listen to backspacer with some drinks in hopes he can top the best album all time 
    im messed
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,914
    edited March 2018

"“Can’t Deny Me” from the band’s forthcoming album is now available on PearlJam.com and all digital and streaming services."
    Quote from the e-mail I just received.  "forthcoming album" is a pretty decent hint that they may be coming out with a new album.

When Don Otreply over at Pearl Jam sends me e-mails it is usually pretty good news.

Post edited by Veddernarian on
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 231
    igotid88 said:
    Why can't I find it in itunes?
    https://apple.co/2FAc1Wp
    Right, but if I go straight to itunes and search Pearl Jam, it doesn't come up in the results.  If people don't already have that link, I'm not sure how they'd find it.
    Just search “Pearl Jam can’t deny me”
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    Why wait until such a strange time of day to release it officially? This is fun not knowing stuff. 
    That's how it is now. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    I love the way it appears they are gonna roll this one out

the  iTunes version of the song a lot cleaner

looking forward to all the news coming down the pike
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    So we could still see more dates in the fall possibly? 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,060

New album. Let’s go!!!!
  • Options
    HeisenbillHeisenbill Posts: 69
    edited March 2018
    just now heard it for the first time. it's not terrible. definitely not as bad as people on the facebook pages make it out to be.
    Some of those Facebook people man...

Saw one guy claim to be an "apologist for the later stages of their career", like, what the hell does that even mean? Music is so subjective you can like something and not have to waste a breathe defending or apologizing for liking something. Social media is the worst 

That said, I finally listened to the song a couple times on some decent headphones and it's growing on me, even getting kinda catchy. And I'm beyond excited for the new album. 
    Post edited by Heisenbill on
  • Options
    ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Eddie sounds like Chris on the song and he did that before on grievance
    I cant do it
    Its a great fuckin song
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    hope this song starts to grow on me. before this album news i thought it would be more of the Ole route, a nice surprise but ultimately forget about it. 

to rank it among the last few singles released prior to the album i have it above The Fixer but below MYM
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,060
    just now heard it for the first time. it's not terrible. definitely not as bad as people on the facebook pages make it out to be.
    Some of those Facebook people man...

Saw one guy claim to be an "apologist for the later stages of their career", like, what the hell does that even mean? Music is so subjective you can like something and not have to waste a breathe defending or apologizing for liking something. Social media is the worst 

That said, I finally listened to the song a couple times on some decent headphones and it's growing on me, even getting kinda catchy. And I'm beyond excited for the new album. 
    I’ve never been on Facebook and so happy about it. It sounds fucking terrible.  

New PJ album?  Uh yes please!!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    Loving the song more and more. Haven't even heard the non-10c version yet. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Much cleaner version on the official release. Can really hear that typewriter sound. Improvement for sure. Still like it a lot. It's all in the guitar and percussion. Wicked stuff.

Anyone else faintly hear something at 2:28? I don't want to ruin the song for anyone by mentioning it if I'm not right.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509

"“Can’t Deny Me” from the band’s forthcoming album is now available on PearlJam.com and all digital and streaming services."
    Quote from the e-mail I just received.  "forthcoming album" is a pretty decent hint that they may be coming out with a new album.

When Don Otreply over at Pearl Jam sends me e-mails it is usually pretty good news.

Don Otreply...yah that guy is totally in the know!

Reminds me of Mitch Hedberg...”don’t go see Dr. Acula”

Thanks for the laugh, that’s hilarious 
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    Definitely aimed at the Clintons
  • Options
    MEK42MEK42 Posts: 116
    Love ya'll.

I'm goin through something rough with the girl right now, nothing crazy, but it's been tough for the past few days. I'm sitting here spinning the Mt. Baker Theater vault, drinking some wine, and reading this thread getting pumped for the new album with the rest of you guys. Seattle 1 and 2 can't come soon enough!!! My first time seeing the boys. I can't wait. 
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

Pearl Jam's new track from their forthcoming album on Monkeywrench/Republic Records is out now!

“Can’t Deny Me” was co-produced by Pearl Jam and Brendan O'Brien. The track was recorded in Seattle last month and released as a surprise early download to Ten Club members last Saturday.

Eddie wrote the song's lyrics set to music written by Mike. Jeff created the single's artwork in collaboration with PJ's longtime Videographer, Kevin Shuss.

And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Great to hear there's a new album coming! Will probably mean this record wont get played after the LP hits, but eh!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    I wonder who produced this record.  Would love if Josh Homme produced an album.  Haven’t liked the production on the last two records.  
  • Options
    MEK42 said:
    Love ya'll.

I'm goin through something rough with the girl right now, nothing crazy, but it's been tough for the past few days. I'm sitting here spinning the Mt. Baker Theater vault, drinking some wine, and reading this thread getting pumped for the new album with the rest of you guys. Seattle 1 and 2 can't come soon enough!!! My first time seeing the boys. I can't wait. 
    Your word is good. I would hang with you
    Im not intellectual or anything just winging it
    Not trying to hang just saying
    The album is gonna be right away i think
    Love y'all

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    I wonder who produced this record.  Would love if Josh Homme produced an album.  Haven’t liked the production on the last two records.  
    I doubt they strayed from the formula. It would be nice if they stepped outside the lines a little. Pretty punchy first single though. Maybe?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    I'll take the ruff mix anyday
    That goes for any band

• Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,677
    Did you read the post right above yours?
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,949
    New is nice. Either way. Whatever you think. 99%of people have been crying out for new/punchy vibrant music. New album . New hope. New live. All good. HFD is correct why bitch and moan. Stop following them simple. Not everyone likes everything. Im rare i guess. I appreciate all of it.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited March 2018
    Im not trashing the new song but confused. So in this months packed newsletter this said it was the 2017 single, now they are saying its from the new album. I guess it means the 7" will not be released physically to the general public. Does this mean paying digital members are only going to get something they would get on the new album anyway. Why is 10c never clear in their communications.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,603
    So much for the thought of it being written years ago.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    Whoa!!!