Young Model goes broke trying to become an "Instagram Star"

2»

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited March 2018
    dankind said:
    This is one of those instances in which I'm all out of fucks to give.
    You are quickly gaining on Wobbie for King Grump... lol
    If this were my daughter, I would not let her move back home. And I wouldn't cosign for a damn thing either.

In fact, I would warn any potential landlords, roommates, car dealerships and anyone else to whom she could potentially owe money that she is a fiscally irresponsible dolt.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Sounds like she just beat the rest of the “stars” that lose all of their earnings on blow and hookers to the gutter.  Congrats, you won the race!!!
    I do feel a bit of sympathy as she probably had very few good role models to help guide her through reality and making positive decisions.  Reminds me of “Haters Back Off” on Netflix
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Social media, just like television, provides a nice hit of dopamine to the brain.  It's no wonder people abuse it and lose all perspective on reality.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    rgambs said:
    Social media, just like television, provides a nice hit of dopamine to the brain.  It's no wonder people abuse it and lose all perspective on reality.
    I resisted facebook when a friend first sent me the invite. Then when I finally joined, it legit caused me trouble. I was late for work checking it every morning for some time. it was literally like a drug for a while. And I honestly remember when I quit it was on my mind constantly. it scared me. I have since rejoined, and now I'm actually normal with it. But jesus, I can see how people get addicted to it, especially young people without any other real world concerns to slap their faces back to reality. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD