Options

So who actually got tickets today from the general sale?

Comments

• Options
    DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 438
    No I was unable to get tickets
    Unfortunately the band squeezes a lot of good fans out when they only perform 7 shows in all of North America ... if they toured more often or played more shows in a tour, we wouldn't have this problem.

I recommend waiting until the 10C tickets are distributed to do anything ... a lot of tickets will become available as people try to finagle their way to better seats.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,855
    Less than 10% right now...in one way that sucks, in another way good job 10C securing a TON of tix. 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    Like others, I took a peak to try and help out a friend but had no luck.  Kept coming up with the none available when requesting two seats.  

Since there were a ton of obstructed view seats available during the TM verified sale, and not much today, did the 10C really get the best of the best?  Like a majority of the turf, lower bowl will be all fanclub tix?
    Absolutely.  I'd encourage you to take a look at Stub Hub's models for availability for each Wrigley date. The "whited" blocks of areas in which there aren't tickets for re-sale will give you a good idea for where the the Ten Club tickets will be seated.  Beginning with the GA.  All of the middle field reserve sections behind the pit.  Lower Bowl sections down the foul lines which don't have re-sale tickets available as well as Upper Deck box seats in the first couple of rows down the line.
    As I've said before, knowing the park inside and out for 30+ years of my life, I'd have no problem being in one of the first rows in the upper deck down the lines. In fact I'd embrace it.  Great vantage point of the stage/Wrigleyville/rooftops, small beer lines, and easy in/out bathroom breaks.  And it is my understanding that the first row or two of the Upper Deck are the worst seats one can get in winning Reserved 10C seats at Wrigley.
    Not sure if you're speaking specifically about Wrigley, however if not you could use it a case study for the other venues.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    DrPots said:
    I waited finger on the button....got nothing. But then 30 seconds later loads of tickets showing up online at Bigstub - only $800. BOTS! piss me off. There is no way that TM isn't making money off that arrangement.  :|
    I absolutely agree with you.  The quickness with which tix go from initial onsale to secondary market at insanely hiked up prices is head-spinning.  Ticketmaster ABSOLUTELY is getting in on that game, and basically is selling tix twice, at quite the increase the 2nd time.  Criminal in my opinion, but no idea how to protest that, other than whenever bands play venues with other ticketsellers I tweet how awesome it is they didn't use TM.

And all that said, I am that much more grateful to PJ & 10Club for the fanclub sales.  Incredibly grateful and now appreciating how NON-stressful it really was, despite the stress :D 
  • Options
    AKmattAKmatt Posts: 35
    I tried for a friend, who was hoping to take his son to his first PJ show.  I got past the loading page to the map on the Seattle show, but there were no tickets available.  Glad the lottery worked out.
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

As I've said before, knowing the park inside and out for 30+ years of my life, I'd have no problem being in one of the first rows in the upper deck down the lines. In fact I'd embrace it.  Great vantage point of the stage/Wrigleyville/rooftops, small beer lines, and easy in/out bathroom breaks.  And it is my understanding that the first row or two of the Upper Deck are the worst seats one can get in winning Reserved 10C seats at Wrigley.
    Not sure if you're speaking specifically about Wrigley, however if not you could use it a case study for the other venues.
    +1
    But what if Eddie cant see me blowing him kisses?

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Mr BenjaminMr Benjamin Adelaide, Australia Posts: 88
    PJWGIII said:
    Tried my best. Didn’t work for me.

Anyone have any advice for purchasing them off of StubHub, VividSeats, SeatGeek, etc? Buy now or wait? How to know what to trust?
    Wait. Apparently 10C will announce where people's seats are in July. And then everyone who double dipped will off load their extras.
    That's what I'm waiting for now
    George, Washington (September 01, 2005)
    Toronto, Ontario (September 19, 2005)
    Quebec City, Quebec (September 20, 2005)
    Halifax, Nova Scotia (September 22, 2005)
    St. Johns, Newfoundland (September 24, 2005)
    St. Johns, Newfoundland (September 25, 2005)
    Washington, D.C. (May 30, 2006)
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey (June 01, 2006)
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey (June 03, 2006)
    George, Washington (July 22, 2006)
    George, Washington (July 23, 2006)
    Dublin, Ireland (August 23, 2006)
    Reading, England (August 27, 2006)
    Sydney, Australia (November 07, 2006)
    Sydney, Australia (November 08, 2006)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 13, 2006)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 14, 2006)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 16, 2006)
    Sydney, Australia (November 18, 2006)
    Newcastle, Australia (November 19, 2006)
    Adelaide, Australia (November 21, 2006)
    Adelaide, Australia (November 22, 2006)
    Perth, Australia (November 25, 2006)
    London, UK (August 18, 2009)
    Perth, Australia (November 14, 2009) 
    Adelaide, Australia (November 17, 2009)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 20, 2009)
    Sydney, Australia (November 22, 2009)
    Brisbane, Australia (November 25, 2009)
    Auckland, New Zealand (November 27, 2009)
    Christchurch, New Zealand (November 29, 2009)
    Los Angeles, CA (November 23, 2013)
    Los Angeles, CA (November 24, 2013)
    Adelaide, AU (January 31, 2014)
  • Options
    brio33800 said:
    Tried to get tickets for Seattle night 1....I had no luck in doing so... 

what ya looking for?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Like others, I took a peak to try and help out a friend but had no luck.  Kept coming up with the none available when requesting two seats.  

Since there were a ton of obstructed view seats available during the TM verified sale, and not much today, did the 10C really get the best of the best?  Like a majority of the turf, lower bowl will be all fanclub tix?
    Absolutely.  I'd encourage you to take a look at Stub Hub's models for availability for each Wrigley date. The "whited" blocks of areas in which there aren't tickets for re-sale will give you a good idea for where the the Ten Club tickets will be seated.  Beginning with the GA.  All of the middle field reserve sections behind the pit.  Lower Bowl sections down the foul lines which don't have re-sale tickets available as well as Upper Deck box seats in the first couple of rows down the line.
    Same holds true for Fenway. Sat in Right Field Roof Box seats for a show and it was much better than I expected. Everyone wants to be up close, but you can do way worse than that.
  • Options
    Nope. :( Needed a single to wrigley 1 and couldn’t get through. 
  • Options
    JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129

I was upper deck down OF 3rd base line night 1 16 at wrigley. First few rows are PERFECT. Bathroom like new and her lines were short. Rather be up there than in 200
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    I had 2 wheelchair/handicap accessible pop up for Seattle night 2, section 342 but I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to use them.  I thought that if a show was completely sold out, then the general public could use handicap section but I checked Ticketmaster policy for "Can I buy handicapped tickets if I am not disabled" and they say no.  I wondered if I could rent a wheelchair and risk it but thought that would be poor form and let them go.   
    As a person who always utilizes ADA seating, I applaud your character. It says a lot that you took the moral route and didn't purchase them. It's a bit odd that it came up as an option if you weren't specifically searching for that type of seating, but it sounds like there have been a lot of different glitches on TM lately from what people are saying. At any rate, I just wanted to give you kudos.  :)
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    I had 2 wheelchair/handicap accessible pop up for Seattle night 2, section 342 but I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to use them.  I thought that if a show was completely sold out, then the general public could use handicap section but I checked Ticketmaster policy for "Can I buy handicapped tickets if I am not disabled" and they say no.  I wondered if I could rent a wheelchair and risk it but thought that would be poor form and let them go.   

George Costanza?
    ha ha ha ha ha that's classic. I could see George doing that, too!
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,071
    edited February 2018
    Yes I was able to get tickets
    I got a 500 level pair for Wrigley1 at 10:06 am.
    Post edited by whoyouare72 on
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    pjl44 said:

Same holds true for Fenway. Sat in Right Field Roof Box seats for a show and it was much better than I expected. Everyone wants to be up close, but you can do way worse than that.
    Dude, those RF roof box seats are really good. Sat there in 2016 night 1. Great vantage point of the stage, and the sound is great.  And, you can walk back to the SRO section and have a little table/sill right in front of you.  Those are great seats.  View is undoubtedly not obstructed.  
  • Options
    Yes I was able to get tickets
    Got tickets in today's sale for Seattle Night 1 in section 219. Guess I was one of the lucky ones.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    Given that the 10c acquired a shitload of seats, then experimented with verified fan for a bug chunk of the leftovers, it's not super surprising there wasn't much left today.

I'm too lazy to look and do math, but I would be curious as to how many reseller tickets are available for these shows vs. other shows at the same venues.  It would be a basic statistic to see if Pearl Jam's efforts to put less tickets in reseller's hands.

• Options
    ZeldaZonk said:
    As a person who always utilizes ADA seating, I applaud your character. It says a lot that you took the moral route and didn't purchase them. It's a bit odd that it came up as an option if you weren't specifically searching for that type of seating, but it sounds like there have been a lot of different glitches on TM lately from what people are saying. At any rate, I just wanted to give you kudos.  :)
    I had access to lots of ADA seating during the TM verified onsale. I didn't understand why, and no, I didn't buy any.  But they were there and they were good seats.  I certainly hope there's abundant and better ADA seating for actual ADA users!  Because honestly, I would understand if someone did buy them since it seems like they shouldn't have come up in a regular search for tix if they were reserved for ADA folks. In the panic of trying to grab tix, I can see someone thinking it's ok.  I let the tix go though, over and over.
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    I had access to lots of ADA seating during the TM verified onsale. I didn't understand why, and no, I didn't buy any.  But they were there and they were good seats.  I certainly hope there's abundant and better ADA seating for actual ADA users!  Because honestly, I would understand if someone did buy them since it seems like they shouldn't have come up in a regular search for tix if they were reserved for ADA folks. In the panic of trying to grab tix, I can see someone thinking it's ok.  I let the tix go though, over and over.
    Wow, that's very surprising to hear. I wonder if it is different in the ballparks because I've never seen that in all of the other venues I buy tickets for; I've always had to specify that I'm looking for ADA seats. It's concerning to think that they would just come up in the regular search so that anyone could purchase them and potentially take the availability away from someone who actually needed those types of seats. That's really admirable that you didn't give in to the temptation of buying them, especially if they were good seats. I know that couldn't have been easy, but it says a lot about your character.  :)
  • Options
    wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    ZeldaZonk said:
    JH6056 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Wow, that's very surprising to hear. I wonder if it is different in the ballparks because I've never seen that in all of the other venues I buy tickets for; I've always had to specify that I'm looking for ADA seats. It's concerning to think that they would just come up in the regular search so that anyone could purchase them and potentially take the availability away from someone who actually needed those types of seats. That's really admirable that you didn't give in to the temptation of buying them, especially if they were good seats. I know that couldn't have been easy, but it says a lot about your character.  :)
    What’s super effed up is there are ADA seats up on Stubhub for Fenway. Out of curiosity I was checking out what’s available on the field to see what sections 10c acquired. I clicked on Turf A2 which I know is where the ADA seating is. Low and behold, the scalpers are asking $$$$ for them. That really pisses me off and I myself don’t even require that kind of seating. This legal scalping thing is BS enough. It should be punishable by law to legally scalp ADA seats.
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    edited February 2018
    ZeldaZonk said:
    JH6056 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    I bought a ticket to a Cubs game off StubHub while I was in town for the Let's Play Two premiere last year and I didn't find out it was ADA seating until the day of the game... I felt so bad that I immediately went and found the usher that was working that area and told them that I had unknowingly purchased an ADA seat and to please seat everyone else that really needs it first and that I would just go walk around the stadium until it was almost time for first pitch.
  • Options
    kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    bflynn1 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    JH6056 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    I bought a ticket to a Cubs game off StubHub while I was in town for the Let's Play Two premiere last year and I didn't find out it was ADA seating until the day of the game... I felt so bad that I immediately went and found the usher that was working that area and told them that I had unknowingly purchased an ADA seat and to please seat everyone else that really needs it first and that I would just go walk around the stadium until it was almost time for first pitch.
    Just curious, but what's to stop people from buying those? (Other than not wanting to be a jerk..)
  • Options
    ZeldaZonk and Wobbler_Kitty, I know, it's really messed up.  It shouldn't come up for regular seats.  

I'm pretty sure the reason so many ADA seats are on SH is exactly what we're talking about: they were offered for sale in the onsale to anyone looking. I really hope they didn't screw over all the folks needing ADA seating for these shows!  How does that usually work, is there a special onsale? Do you have to buy tickets when everyone else does, or do they hold them over so even after a show is "sold out" it isn't really for ADA?

Actually, given the nature of some folks, maybe you shouldn't answer those questions here, don't want to give folks who are jerks new ideas about how to get tix for shows!
  • Options
    I stupidly didn't enter any of the verified fan stuff because I thought Boston was too far.

Now I'm regretting my decision (and getting the itch to see PJ again) and thinking about buying a ticket secondhand and making the trek from Jersey.
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    JH6056 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Wow! That was a really considerate thing for you to do, and anyone that needed it was probably quite appreciative. It's pretty lame that StubHub sold that type of ticket and didn't even disclose it, but I guess they just want to make the sale no matter what. Their antics never cease to amaze me. 
  • Options
    ZeldaZonk said:
    JH6056 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    What’s super effed up is there are ADA seats up on Stubhub for Fenway. Out of curiosity I was checking out what’s available on the field to see what sections 10c acquired. I clicked on Turf A2 which I know is where the ADA seating is. Low and behold, the scalpers are asking $$$$ for them. That really pisses me off and I myself don’t even require that kind of seating. This legal scalping thing is BS enough. It should be punishable by law to legally scalp ADA seats.
    That's pretty despicable to say the least. It's already bad enough to scalp a regular seat, but taking advantage of someone in need of special accommodations is the lowest of the low. 
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    ZeldaZonk and Wobbler_Kitty, I know, it's really messed up.  It shouldn't come up for regular seats.  

I'm pretty sure the reason so many ADA seats are on SH is exactly what we're talking about: they were offered for sale in the onsale to anyone looking. I really hope they didn't screw over all the folks needing ADA seating for these shows!  How does that usually work, is there a special onsale? Do you have to buy tickets when everyone else does, or do they hold them over so even after a show is "sold out" it isn't really for ADA?

Actually, given the nature of some folks, maybe you shouldn't answer those questions here, don't want to give folks who are jerks new ideas about how to get tix for shows!
    You're probably right, so I'm taking your advice.  ;) 
  • Options
    kaseylily said:
    bflynn1 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    JH6056 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Just curious, but what's to stop people from buying those? (Other than not wanting to be a jerk..)
    Well, obviously StubHub has no moral conscience about selling tickets designated for people with disabilities to anyone who has the money to buy them BUT it takes a certain kind of person to follow through with that type of transaction if they are advised before the purchase that it's ADA seating....unless by some chance they have no idea what ADA means and don't bother to research exactly what they're buying. 
  • Options
    efroten2efroten2 Chicago Posts: 64
    Zod said:
    Given that the 10c acquired a shitload of seats, then experimented with verified fan for a bug chunk of the leftovers, it's not super surprising there wasn't much left today.

I'm too lazy to look and do math, but I would be curious as to how many reseller tickets are available for these shows vs. other shows at the same venues.  It would be a basic statistic to see if Pearl Jam's efforts to put less tickets in reseller's hands.

I remember looking at stubhub in 2016 to see what was available for the PJ shows vs other bands playing Wrigley that summer.  There were far fewer tickets available for PJ than many other bands (probably 50% fewer), and on top of that there were far fewer really good seats available compared to the other shows.

If there's any negative side effect to this, it's that it seems to drive up the prices of the tickets on stubhub.
    1994: Bridge School Night 2
    1995: Sacramento, San Jose
    1998: Sacramento
    2001: Bridge School Night 2
    2003: St. Louis, Champaign, Irvine 1, Irvine 2, Chicago, East Troy, Noblesville
    2004: Grand Rapids
    2006: Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Cleveland, Milwaukee 2
    2007: Chicago (The Vic), Chicago (Lolla)
    2009: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
    2010: Noblesville
    2013: Chicago, San Diego
    2014: St. Louis, Milwaukee
    2016: Chicago 1 & 2
    2018: Chicago 1 & 2
    2011: PJ20 1 & 2
  • Options
    efroten2 said:
    Zod said:

I remember looking at stubhub in 2016 to see what was available for the PJ shows vs other bands playing Wrigley that summer.  There were far fewer tickets available for PJ than many other bands (probably 50% fewer), and on top of that there were far fewer really good seats available compared to the other shows.

If there's any negative side effect to this, it's that it seems to drive up the prices of the tickets on stubhub.
    Thanks for reporting on your research, that makes me feel even better about the prices of the 10Club tickets and the whole 10Club process. Not that I was feeling bad about it, but it justifies its effectiveness that much more in my opinion if there are roughly 50% FEWER tix available on nasty sites like Stubhub.  Happy to hear that!