So who actually got tickets today from the general sale?

PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
edited February 2018 in The Porch
Curious about this since I have seen so many people say they had no luck with Chicago and Boston. We all saw with the verified fan sale what kind of seats should have been left over with the general sale. There were a lot of not so hot seats that were not in the mix for the presales. I find it odd not many people got a chance at those. 

So who actually got tickets today from the general sale? 130 votes

Yes I was able to get tickets
7%
walkunafraidwhoyouare72washedinblack91MR242791jjsimon99Dellis3290GotBugskmmr1094mindyjohnsonjcalifornia 10 votes
No I was unable to get tickets
92%
Tauranmca47nothingman44AmishGuy91evenflow82vedder_soupTommy311PJammingregkitefanZFieldsnalyd61rlaidepeasMayDay10flywallyflyPJ20TrizzlerEddieredderFastrichieforiginalsindanceswithsquirrels 120 votes
Post edited by PJNB on

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Was only trying to help out a friend and both Fenway and Wrigley were honest that only very limited tickets would be left for the public sales today. So I'm that not upset. It was what it was advertised to be.

Still...virtual waiting rooms suck! :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • curlycurly Posts: 703

won Wrigley GA night 2 thru ten club...had 5 different people in my office today trying to help me get just one tix to the Saturday night show... we all called and were online.. finally got thru to a person on the Wrigley Chicago tix phone line and she said it was all sold out at 10:02... yikes... so yes, looking for one... but feel pretty confident i'll find the one... peace...curly

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    JimmyV said:
    Was only trying to help out a friend and both Fenway and Wrigley were honest that only very limited tickets would be left for the public sales today. So I'm that not upset. It was what it was advertised to be.

Awful. Prague O2 show this year had the same thing except it showed you were you were on the list. Ticketmaster is much better where at least there is a small amount of skill involved. 
  • Reads11Reads11 Indiana Posts: 101
    I just don't think there were many tickets left or actually available today. Gone before they went on sale. 
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    JimmyV said:

Tell me about it...was "waiting" for Radiohead presale tickets this morning...nadda. Now the fun begins on Saturday when the regular TM sales happens. It really makes me appreciate what the 10c does here with the lottery. No (active) stress when trying to get tickets...yes, the waiting for the confirmation puts many of us (myself included) on edge but that's nothing compared to trying to secure tickets during regular on-line sales these days.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Surprised they're not resurrecting "Conigliaro's Corner" and airlifting metal bleachers onto the right field roof at Fenway. Those were great seats if you like ducking out of the way of inbound Delta flights.
  • No I was unable to get tickets
    Definitely disappointed in the general public sale. Went into the waiting room and then got the “congrats you have been selected” icon. Clicked on that to buy tickets. It asked me to pick my level. I selected the only one available and for two tickets. No go. Told me they didn’t have enough for my quantity. So I selected one ticket. Same message. If you don’t have even one ticket and only have one price level why let me in? 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Was trying for my friend and she was trying and both got shut out, not even a sniff
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • pjl44 said:
    Surprised they're not resurrecting "Conigliaro's Corner" and airlifting metal bleachers onto the right field roof at Fenway. Those were great seats if you like ducking out of the way of inbound Delta flights.
    Lol, those seats SUCKED.
  • RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    45 mins and not a sniff of Missoula tix....
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

Seattle no luck either and I was fast!
  • Mr BenjaminMr Benjamin Adelaide, Australia Posts: 88
    I feel like there just wasn't any. I got a "tickets will be available soon" screen for two minutes and then there was none.
    Not even a tease!
    George, Washington (September 01, 2005)
    Toronto, Ontario (September 19, 2005)
    Quebec City, Quebec (September 20, 2005)
    Halifax, Nova Scotia (September 22, 2005)
    St. Johns, Newfoundland (September 24, 2005)
    St. Johns, Newfoundland (September 25, 2005)
    Washington, D.C. (May 30, 2006)
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey (June 01, 2006)
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey (June 03, 2006)
    George, Washington (July 22, 2006)
    George, Washington (July 23, 2006)
    Dublin, Ireland (August 23, 2006)
    Reading, England (August 27, 2006)
    Sydney, Australia (November 07, 2006)
    Sydney, Australia (November 08, 2006)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 13, 2006)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 14, 2006)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 16, 2006)
    Sydney, Australia (November 18, 2006)
    Newcastle, Australia (November 19, 2006)
    Adelaide, Australia (November 21, 2006)
    Adelaide, Australia (November 22, 2006)
    Perth, Australia (November 25, 2006)
    London, UK (August 18, 2009)
    Perth, Australia (November 14, 2009) 
    Adelaide, Australia (November 17, 2009)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 20, 2009)
    Sydney, Australia (November 22, 2009)
    Brisbane, Australia (November 25, 2009)
    Auckland, New Zealand (November 27, 2009)
    Christchurch, New Zealand (November 29, 2009)
    Los Angeles, CA (November 23, 2013)
    Los Angeles, CA (November 24, 2013)
    Adelaide, AU (January 31, 2014)
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 684
    edited February 2018
    By the time tickets are available to the public there are very few available in the first place. Fan club + promoter tickets + venue tickets + season ticket presale = generally less than 20-25% of the tickets are even available. Millions of people, and bots, going after thousands of tickets. Chances were always slim to none. 
    Post edited by Eddieredder on
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 438
    edited February 2018
    Article about the Missoula show said only 1200 of 24,000 tickets were available today ... so 5%.  My guess would be similar figures for Wrigley and Fenway ... and probably just the shittiest seats
    http://missoulian.com/entertainment/music/last-pearl-jam-tickets-to-go-up-for-grabs-pre/article_918cf452-4934-5167-ba41-7581689f9c26.html
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    I was trying for a friend today to no avail. I couldn't be more grateful to have successfully secured all of my tickets prior to them going to the general public sale. Bravo 10C!
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    I got tix through 10C and bought 2 more for friends through verified.  Figured I'd get nosebleed 300 level rather than nothing.  Glad I did, because there was no chance today.
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 305
    I had 2 wheelchair/handicap accessible pop up for Seattle night 2, section 342 but I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to use them.  I thought that if a show was completely sold out, then the general public could use handicap section but I checked Ticketmaster policy for "Can I buy handicapped tickets if I am not disabled" and they say no.  I wondered if I could rent a wheelchair and risk it but thought that would be poor form and let them go.   
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    I'm not complaining, since I got tickets to both Seattle shows and Boston night 2. But Boston night 1.... man. I didn't get a shot at anything through the TM presale -- and I talked to someone I know who said that she and seven friends entered the Verified Fan presale and none of them were drawn in the lottery. I guess since there are no NYC or Philly shows this time, the entire East Coast and part of Europe is trying to get Fenway tickets.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    I had 2 wheelchair/handicap accessible pop up for Seattle night 2, section 342 but I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to use them.  I thought that if a show was completely sold out, then the general public could use handicap section but I checked Ticketmaster policy for "Can I buy handicapped tickets if I am not disabled" and they say no.  I wondered if I could rent a wheelchair and risk it but thought that would be poor form and let them go.   

George Costanza?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    Grizz Tix site now says Missoula "Sold Out".
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

Poncier said:

George Costanza?
    LMAO!
    Tried to get tickets for Seattle night 1....I had no luck in doing so...
    I waited finger on the button....got nothing. But then 30 seconds later loads of tickets showing up online at Bigstub - only $800. BOTS! piss me off. There is no way that TM isn't making money off that arrangement.  :|
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    Yes I was able to get tickets
    I was able to purchase tickets today for fenway night 1 =)=)
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
    edited February 2018
    MR242791 said:
    I was able to purchase tickets today for fenway night 1 =)=)
    Congrats! Do anything special to get the ticket or queued like the rest of us and got lucky? Also where are the seats?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Time to announce additional shows. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Megfernandez1Megfernandez1 Western Mass Posts: 8
    edited March 2018

Post edited by Megfernandez1 on
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    Like others, I took a peak to try and help out a friend but had no luck.  Kept coming up with the none available when requesting two seats.  

Since there were a ton of obstructed view seats available during the TM verified sale, and not much today, did the 10C really get the best of the best?  Like a majority of the turf, lower bowl will be all fanclub tix?
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Tried my best. Didn’t work for me.

Anyone have any advice for purchasing them off of StubHub, VividSeats, SeatGeek, etc? Buy now or wait? How to know what to trust?
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
    Still trying to get tix for kids for Wrigley 1. Tried for 20 minutes to no avail to get into the site.