Options

Wondering why there is no listing on ticketmaster for Wrigley?

jeffgqjeffgq Troy, 'Bama Posts: 97
The 'Verified Fan' deal is in 3 days...typical of the most HORRID company in the history of modern business!
August 23rd, 1998 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
October 7th, 2000 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
April 11th, 2003 - West Palm Beach (Sound Advice Amp.)
October 8th, 2004 - Kissimmee (Silver Spurs Arena)
June 11th, 2008 - West Palm Beach (Cruzan Amp.)
November 30th, 2012 - Eddie Solo - Fort Lauderdale (Broward Center for the Performing Arts)
April 8th, 2016 - Fort Lauderdale (BB&T Center)
August 18th, 2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)

Comments

• Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Cause the tickets aren’t sold on their site.  MLB handles the ticketing by TM handles the verified fan registration. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,850
    JP218404 said:
    Cause the tickets aren’t sold on their site.  MLB handles the ticketing by TM handles the verified fan registration. 
    Same for Boston though and it has one. I was wondering that too but didn't look to much into it. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    Ticketmaster takes up too much space in some of your heads. The venues charging exorbitant fees are the true villain this summer, not the TM boogieman.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    JimmyV said:
    Ticketmaster takes up too much space in some of your heads. The venues charging exorbitant fees are the true villain this summer, not the TM boogieman.
    Which is kind of wild - pj has already played Wrigley and Fenway.  I guess it’s like shooting fish in a barrel.  We only have our selves to blame.  Paying top-dollar for less-than stellar venues.
  • Options
    jeffgqjeffgq Troy, 'Bama Posts: 97
    edited February 2018
    JP218404 said:
    I dont know about that...i was under the impression that ticketmaster was selling the verified fan tickets on their site on friday morning and whatever was leftover (if any) were going to be sold thru the wrigley/mlb site on 02/21/18..i could be wrong.

They have Seattle and Boston on ticketmaster right now. seattle is thru ticketmaster and boston is thru "their partner site" which leads into the fenway site..so youre probably right..they need a listing to lead to wrigley's site..

All I know is I'm supposed to get some sort of code thursday night..what a fiasco this is for Wrigley

Post edited by jeffgq on
    August 23rd, 1998 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    October 7th, 2000 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    April 11th, 2003 - West Palm Beach (Sound Advice Amp.)
    October 8th, 2004 - Kissimmee (Silver Spurs Arena)
    June 11th, 2008 - West Palm Beach (Cruzan Amp.)
    November 30th, 2012 - Eddie Solo - Fort Lauderdale (Broward Center for the Performing Arts)
    April 8th, 2016 - Fort Lauderdale (BB&T Center)
    August 18th, 2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    edited February 2018
    jeffgq said:
    JP218404 said:
    I dont know about that...i was under the impression that ticketmaster was selling the verified fan tickets on their site on friday morning and whatever was leftover (if any) were going to be sold thru the wrigley/mlb site..i could be wrong.

They have Seattle and Boston on ticketmaster right now. seattle is thru ticketmaster and boston is thru "their partner site" which leads into the fenway site..so youre probably right..they need a listing to lead to wrigley's site..

All I know is I'm supposed to get some sort of code thursday night..what a fiasco this is for Wrigley

You’ll get the code on Thursday night if you are selected. That’s the way the verified fan always works for most shows. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Which is kind of wild - pj has already played Wrigley and Fenway.  I guess it’s like shooting fish in a barrel.  We only have our selves to blame.  Paying top-dollar for less-than stellar venues.
    I'm excited for Safeco and Missoula as I haven't been to those places yet.  I was in the Key arena but not Safeco.

Let's see how these shows go because I might not choose to do big stadium shows again after this.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    JimmyV said:
    I'm excited for Safeco and Missoula as I haven't been to those places yet.  I was in the Key arena but not Safeco.

Let's see how these shows go because I might not choose to do big stadium shows again after this.
    I was tempted to go to those shows.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    JimmyV said:
    I'll take Fenway over the amphitheatre here any day. It's way out in Mansfield while Fenway is right in town. Ease of access is not even close. Plus there are tons of bars and restaurants around the park. The band seems to look at Fenway and Wrigley as special places, which they are, and that always leads to special shows.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    jjsimon99jjsimon99 Chicagoland Posts: 20
    Ticketmaster is just being used as a service to pass on a pre-sale code. Tickets for Wrigley are being handled through Tickets.Com. You will buy tickets directly on the Cubs website. This is not that crazy.. Everyone is thinking that this "Verified fan" presale is a big thing. It is not. We bought our kids Taylor Swift tickets this way.. Got other concerts this way too. It is just a presale code good for one use, unlike the Live Nation type that are one code word for all to use. After the 10C sales, there will not be a lot of tickets available. And the quality of these seats will be iffy for most. The odds of getting tickets this way is not that high. It is a supply and demand fact. If there are 100,000 people signed up for these passwords,and most buy 4 seats (2 for them - 2 to sell on Stub Hub to make profit), and 5,000 seats available, the odds are not good.
    Orlando, Florida (August 23, 1992)
    Chicago, Illinois (June 18, 2003)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 23, 2009)
    Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013)
    Moline, IL (October 17, 2014)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Chicago 1 (August 18, 2018)
    Chicago 2 (August 20, 2018)
    St. Louis (April 4, 2020)

• Options
    CrazyMary34CrazyMary34 Charlotte, NC Posts: 9
    edited February 2018
    jeffgq said:
    The 'Verified Fan' deal is in 3 days...typical of the most HORRID company in the history of modern business!
    I think likely many misunderstand the whole verified fan thing, it's simply a TM service as someone else mentioned above.  The shows for Wrigley will go through Tickets.com as they did previously.  The shows are already up on their site.  If you click the current link, it will take you to this page which is the Cubs MLB page:  https://www.mlb.com/cubs/tickets/concerts/pearl-jam.  Same exact page used to buy Foo tickets for Wrigley.  Verified fan thing has been a complete train wreck in the past in my experience for other shows.
    Post edited by CrazyMary34 on
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    There is no listing because the the verified fan lottery ended a while ago. If you’ve already entered, you’ll be notified if you won Thursday night and can buy tickets on Friday. If you haven’t entered, then you’re too late and are going to have to wait for the general sale afterwards.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    The only shows being sold on ticketmaster.com are the Seattle shows. 
    Gorge
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Do we have to / is it worthwhile register at Tickets.com or mlb.com before we got the link? 
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1