2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited January 2018
    jtgreen said:
    I would be way into Royal Blood opening for PJ at wrigley... but I also wouldn't be upset if it was another 3+ hour show of just the guys
    Yeah, of course the longer PJ set is top priority, but if we have to have an opener, I'll take ROYAL BLOOD any day!

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • jtgreenjtgreen Posts: 75
    Yeah, of course the longer PJ set is top priority, but if we have to have an opener, I'll take ROYAL BLOOD any day!

Tickets.com is showing Fall Out Boy for September 8th. I believe they're the official box office for the cubs/wrigley. So that mid-August weekend is still up for grabs
    Hey, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the dumbest.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    edited January 2018
    I'm dumbfounded that Fall Out Boy is booking a venue that big.  Yikes
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    It's their hometown
    I believe that last year 21 Pilots sold out The Horseshoe in Columbus.
  • PJNB said:
    Been lots of PJ on the local radio stations in eastern canada lately, surely a sign of a venue close by. 
    How eastern we talking here...
    Atlantic, can't see a show around here, but perhaps Quebec city again. Just from past history, the stations seem to ramp up play of artists before a tour announcement comes, I just cant see any local venues actually getting a date, but same thing happened last time they played quebec. 

You never know.  The Cavendish Beach site has had facebook posts asking for act recommendations as they would like to expand beyond the sole Country festival.  
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    It's their hometown
    21 Pilots did not play The Shoe.  They played a series of shows that included smaller clubs where they started and then I think 2 shows at the Schott that were sold out.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • I'm dumbfounded that Fall Out Boy is booking a venue that big.  Yikes
    It's their hometown
    21 Pilots also was just selling all tickets for $20  and there GA Floor was the whole floor. You can sell out anything when you give a good price to get in the door. Same thing that Kid Rock did awhile back. I know PJ is moving on up the pricing/nostalgia ladder and eventually will be able to charge $150 per ticket but most groups can sell out anything these days when you are doing $20 tickets. Not shocking at all FOB is able to sell out wrigley! 
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    8/20/16 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1
    8/13/18 Missoula**MT WA-Grizz Stadium 
    8/18/18 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1 
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

pretty sad day when such a shitty band can play at a historic venue like Wrigley.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

edited January 2018
    I think I paid $100 after fees for 2 tickets to the Fall Out Boy show in September at the house of blues. It was supposed to be their album release show but they delayed the album. 

If they charge around $40/ticket again I could see them selling out Wrigley too.

lolobugg said:
    pretty sad day when such a shitty band can play at a historic venue like Wrigley.

Nelly, Backstreet Boys, and Florida Georgia Line played there last year.
    Post edited by jtgreen on
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    lolobugg said:

Amen 

• lolobugg said:

I took my then 14 year old to the Wiz Kahlifa and Fall Out Boy show in Tinley Park a few years back.  Hate to say it but they blew the roof of that dump.  Don't underestimate the draw they have with a younger crowd.......and historic Wrigley field died a few years back.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Just now in of the PJ/Wrigley groups on Facebook...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    lolobugg said:

I took my then 14 year old to the Wiz Kahlifa and Fall Out Boy show in Tinley Park a few years back.  Hate to say it but they blew the roof of that dump.  Don't underestimate the draw they have with a younger crowd.......and historic Wrigley field died a few years back.

oh believe me... I never underestimate the poor musical taste of my fellow Americans.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Posted on reddit "Hey folks, the radio station im interning at is set to announce our local date on monday. I only got to look at it for a minute so i cant remember exact dates, but I know that in september they'll be playing chicago, philly, raleigh, detroit, missoula, seattle, edmonton and i think some others. It wasnt a huge list of dates, roughly 10 i'd guess"
    Oh lordy... so radio DJs get entire band itineraries before anyone else? If that were true we'd have guaranteed tour schedules out ahead of time way before they are announced EVERY tour. I have had friends who work for radio stations and they sometimes get a heads up on a tour announcement for their city/venue ahead of time but it you believe this coming from a radio intern, I just don't think it's factual. This reddit user could have easily put those cities together from this thread (or alternative nation) lol
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
    Posted on reddit "Hey folks, the radio station im interning at is set to announce our local date on monday. I only got to look at it for a minute so i cant remember exact dates, but I know that in september they'll be playing chicago, philly, raleigh, detroit, missoula, seattle, edmonton and i think some others. It wasnt a huge list of dates, roughly 10 i'd guess"
    Oh lordy... so radio DJs get entire band itineraries before anyone else? If that were true we'd have guaranteed tour schedules out ahead of time way before they are announced EVERY tour. I have had friends who work for radio stations and they sometimes get a heads up on a tour announcement for their city/venue ahead of time but it you believe this coming from a radio intern, I just don't think it's factual. This reddit user could have easily put those cities together from this thread (or alternative nation) lol

yeah. unlikely to be true, but I did get excited for once on this thread.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    lolobugg said:

He just updated with something about a show at Oro Meadows Canada. Never heard of that place. Just asked him why his is being so discrete since they are just leaving it on the table. Pretty obvious this is someone seeking attention. 
    PJNB said:
    lolobugg said:

He just updated with something about a show at Oro Meadows Canada. Never heard of that place. Just asked him why his is being so discrete since they are just leaving it on the table. Pretty obvious this is someone seeking attention. 

that piece of ........

getting my hopes up about a Raleigh show. :angry:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:

oh believe me... I never underestimate the poor musical taste of my fellow Americans.

We have to tell people not to eat TIDE PODS now!!! :rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

derbydave said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:

exactly, Dave!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

derbydave said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:

Fall Out Boy Tide Pods at the merch tents :lol:
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:
    derbydave said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:

Fall Out Boy Tide Pods at the merch tents :lol:

you got to be high on something to listen to that shit. :lol:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• uglybabouglybabo Posts: 513
    edited January 2018
    https://www.burlscreek.com/

This is is an event grounds north of Toronto. They have a few festivals there each year. 

I have no rumor to post, but if the reddit user mentioned Oro Medonte, ON this would be the place. 

I’d be a bit disappointed actually, cause it would probably mean nothing in Toronto. 
    Post edited by uglybabo on
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    "EDIT 4: st louis and vegas are also on the list. Last two dates are early october."

George is getting excited!

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    "EDIT 4: st louis and vegas are also on the list. Last two dates are early october."

George is getting excited!

Shit he mine as well add Anchorage, Houston, and Charleston to his list while he's at it.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    by the time this dude is done, he's going to say they're planning a week long gig in Boise
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    He just called me out for talking shit about him on these forums. :lol:
    PJNB said:
    tell him to send you a picture of the listed dates or the shit talking will continue :lol:
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    PJNB said:
    lolobugg said:

Yeah, Oro Meadows Canada could actually be Oro-Medonte, where Wayhome Festival was held. Apparently Wayhome isn't happening this year though?
    KC138045 said:
    PJNB said:
    tell him to send you a picture of the listed dates or the shit talking will continue :lol:

:rofl:  that is awesome!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2