Options

The '5' Les Paul?

UnkeptUnkept Posts: 65
edited January 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
So the black Les Paul Eddie plays with the number 5 on it...I suspect he got it from Lenny Kravitz, who had one just like it that he played around 2000 touring behind his album of the name '5'..Anyone know for sure?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Unkept wrote:
    So the black Les Paul Eddie plays with the number 5 on it...I suspect he got it from Lenny Kravitz, who had one just like it that he played around 2000 touring behind his album of the name '5'..Anyone know for sure?

I was thinking it more likely that he got it from Pete Townshend.

http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/images/lpdeluxe3pu.jpg
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    UnkeptUnkept Posts: 65
    Well I'm guessing you are correct sir. I didn't think it had that pick guard, although obviously it could have been removed at some point...Either way though, I love the idea of rock stars giving eachother guitars...that's just cool.
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Wow, what a beautiful piece of art! :rolleyes:
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I asked Ed about that guitar... I asked him if it was Pete's old guitar... which I referred to as the 'Holy Grail'.
    He said, No... it wasn't Pete's and that he had one made just like it. I told him that when i was a kid, I had a giant poster in my room of Pete, wailing on that thing... and when I saw it onstage... it was... well, like seeing the Holy Grail.
    add:
    If you want to see the real thing.. it is on displayat the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, OH.
    http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/images/equipment/guitar/lp5_br_1.jpg
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!