Euro Tour 2018: Opening Acts?

2»

Comments

• mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    I guess the talents of the other Gaslight Anthem guys are somewhat limited for what Brian wants to do.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • I would probably hit every show on the tour if Highly Suspect opened for them. 

If not them, let’s stick to an evening with PJ 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    An evening with PJ !
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • AWOLNATION. Jack Irons kid is the guitarist 
  • booboolisciousboobooliscious Hebron, KY Posts: 253
    Ed pre-set for 10C.
  • Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats or Jimmy Eat World would be my choices :)
  • REDVED said:
    Pearl jam acoustic set as support would do nicely

One thing I miss about opening bands is when Eddie (Mike in Columbus!) would come out before the opening band and do some improvs or deep cuts like...

Ed Preset: I Am A Patriot, The Kids Are Alright
    Opening Act
    Main Set...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • jtyas8jtyas8 England Posts: 7
    How about a bit of old school british music - Department S - https://youtu.be/VFE9rqL-jDs
  • jtyas8jtyas8 England Posts: 7
    Alice in Chains is also another good shout they are in Europe at the same time playing the Tons of Rock festival in Norway on the 21st of June
  • I wonder when they'll announce?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    I wonder when they'll announce?
    hope this will never happen and we have only pj 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    I wonder when they'll announce?
    All PJ all the time!
    NYPJ
  • I wonder when they'll announce?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    edited December 2017
    Saw Glen and his full band before Eddie at the Firenze festival. They were awesome and I would love to see it again. That said if having a band cuts into some of Pearl Jams set due to curfew then I am vote for an evening with Pearl Jam . 

Edit : My wife just saw that ^^^ and said WTF LMAO. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Anyone else notice Alice in Chains are playing London the Sunday night before?

• kaw753 said:
    Gaslight Anthem
    On July 29, 2015, the band announced an indefinite hiatus.

Saw them open for Rise Against and was surprised to discover I knew all of their songs. Really great front man, Brian Fallon. They should come off indefinite hiatus.
    They're doing a small tour right now to support the 10th anniversary of The 59 Sound (at least I believe that's the impetus for the tour). They'll be in Toronto whilst I'm in Seattle, sadly. Though I won't lost sleep over missing GLA for PJ...
  • Brad will be a nice opener
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    kaw753 said:
    Gaslight Anthem
    On July 29, 2015, the band announced an indefinite hiatus.

Saw them open for Rise Against and was surprised to discover I knew all of their songs. Really great front man, Brian Fallon. They should come off indefinite hiatus.
    They're doing a small tour right now to support the 10th anniversary of The 59 Sound (at least I believe that's the impetus for the tour). They'll be in Toronto whilst I'm in Seattle, sadly. Though I won't lost sleep over missing GLA for PJ...
    I will be at that show if I don't go to Missoula!
  • nando1979nando1979 Castlerock (Northern Ireland) Posts: 82
    edited February 2018
    Would people think The National are a serious option?

I was checking their tour dates to see if there was any Belfast date and noticed a Pearl Jam sized gap in their European Tour schedule.  They're in Europe from 1st June, have 4 gigs by 9th June, 2 dates in Dublin 15/16 June, then nothing until NOS Alive 12th July.  With 15/16 June being the weekend of Pinkpop that means they're free for the whole tour. 
    Post edited by nando1979 on
    If hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done.......