*** LIAM GALLAGHER ***

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
edited December 2017 in Other Music
Seems he got his voice back. And the single sounds like a modern Oasis tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdJc7-ZEuT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGhfXPY96DA
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dpduke69dpduke69 Raleigh, NC Posts: 187
    Dude Liam has been awesome lately. New tracks sound great. Really digging Universal Glee, Paper crown, Bold, and Better run, Better Hide. Hope he does some US dates in support of the album next spring or something. He's been playing some awesome Oasis tunes as well. Really impressed with the improved vocals. Sounds worlds better than he did during 05-08 Oasis years.
    2013: Charlotte
    2016: Greenville Columbia
    dpduke69 said:
    Dude Liam has been awesome lately. New tracks sound great. Really digging Universal Glee, Paper crown, Bold, and Better run, Better Hide. Hope he does some US dates in support of the album next spring or something. He's been playing some awesome Oasis tunes as well. Really impressed with the improved vocals. Sounds worlds better than he did during 05-08 Oasis years.
    He's playing the US this fall I think..
  • TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    dpduke69 said:
    He's playing the US this fall I think..
    He has been playing warm-up in store gigs (price of admission is pre-order of the album). There is another one in NYC today. There's also a US tour in Oct/Nov, I've got tickets to see him in DC http://liamgallagher.com/tour 

Also theres a full audio recording sourced from the soundboard of his Glastonbury set. I suggest seeking that out as it sounds great! 
    Hopefully he comes to Sweden. Kicks myself for missing Noel last time he was here.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    So much damn music mojo left - both Liam and Noel. They need to fucking bury the hatchet and make music together. Oasis is one of my favorite bands - and I just can't get into either of their solo efforts without yearning for Oasis to reform. Period. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Growing up in a physically abusive home no doubt fucked them both up - Noel especially since he reportedly bore the brunt of his father's abuse. I'm going off duty therapist here a minute. It just isn't normal for brothers who survived such trauma together to turn on one another so badly. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Oasis reforming could be as lucrative as the current Guns N' Roses tour. Hope they work things out eventually. Really pumped to hear both brother's new albums by the end of the year.
  • Heard Liam in two interviews say that his bad singing in the later Oasis years was due to using in-ear micks, but he has stopped using it. 

Anyways, sounds great on Howard Stern:

This was a really nice interview as well.
  • Crybaby just walked off the Lolla stage 40 minutes early.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    edited August 2017
    Crybaby just walked off the Lolla stage 40 minutes early.

Just saw that.  I was actually considering going to Lolla today and Liam would have been one of the bands I wanted to see...glad I didn't.  What a joke.  Hopefully they don't pay his ass.
    Crybaby just walked off the Lolla stage 40 minutes early.

Just saw that.  I was actually considering going to Lolla today and Liam would have been one of the bands I wanted to see...glad I didn't.  What a joke.  Hopefully they don't pay his ass.
    Good thing you didn't. Just closed it up due to weather
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Crybaby just walked off the Lolla stage 40 minutes early.
    What was the/his reason?
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Sore throat due to playing a show the night before*

*partied too late and shot his voice. Just like every other time he bailed on a show. 
  • Noel should have rushed to America and played instead. Just like he had to bail his brother out in Oasis from time to time. Haha.

https://youtu.be/mFBeywVCTks

Still sounded fine. Weird that he walked off. It's only an hour set.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    dpduke69 said:

https://youtu.be/mFBeywVCTks

Still sounded fine. Weird that he walked off. It's only an hour set.

What an asshole.  
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Thats why Noel is awesome and Liam is the worst. 

Honestly that crowd sucked. Liam shouldn't have been playing at Lollapalooza...it was the wrong type of crowd. I am not defending his actions of leaving the stage but they were absolutely dead. There was a tweet sent out almost immediately when he left the stage by the festival staff that he was being looked at by the medical people on site for chest pains so it's possible that it wasn't just the voice. That tweet was deleted but there are screenshots of it on twitter. 

Also there were people in the crowd that had signs that had stuff on it like "I LOVE YOU NOEL" and they tweeted at him something along the lines of "we broke a grown man" etc. The crowd was chanting "f*ck you Liam" as well. To be honest I wouldn't want to play for a crowd who is being blatantly disrespectful. 

Yes the man had an obligation to play but if the festival audience doesn't want to see you why waste your time on them?
  • TFlyer said:
    Honestly that crowd sucked. Liam shouldn't have been playing at Lollapalooza...it was the wrong type of crowd. I am not defending his actions of leaving the stage but they were absolutely dead. There was a tweet sent out almost immediately when he left the stage by the festival staff that he was being looked at by the medical people on site for chest pains so it's possible that it wasn't just the voice. That tweet was deleted but there are screenshots of it on twitter. 

Also there were people in the crowd that had signs that had stuff on it like "I LOVE YOU NOEL" and they tweeted at him something along the lines of "we broke a grown man" etc. The crowd was chanting "f*ck you Liam" as well. To be honest I wouldn't want to play for a crowd who is being blatantly disrespectful. 

Yes the man had an obligation to play but if the festival audience doesn't want to see you why waste your time on them?
    Well, the "fuck you Liam" chant was after he had left, wasn't it?

The "I Love you Noel" sign was funny.

I don't think the crowd had anything to do with him leaving.
    TFlyer said:

Well, the "fuck you Liam" chant was after he had left, wasn't it?

The "I Love you Noel" sign was funny.

I don't think the crowd had anything to do with him leaving.
    Point being if he had left due to something more than just his voice (the chest issues etc) why would anyone want to come on stage to a crowd obnoxiously chanting "f*ck you Liam"??? :i_dunno:

....Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't come back out to that kind of nonsense 

Regardless he had a good set at Osheaga Festival in Canada so I think it's one to just knock up as a bad day and not put too much weight into as of yet. 

https://youtu.be/5aAQiE6DK5A
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Right tosser he is ;)
    Solo album is out on streaming services and sounds great. 
    A bit more polished production than I would like on a couple tunes (Bold & Greedy Soul) but overall sounding fantastic. Paper Crown sounds so Beatles lol. Rockers you Better Run and I Get By sound fucking rad at high volume.
  • Have a hard time getting into the songs, knowing that he had songwriters pen them for/together with him.

Slower album than I would have thought.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Seeing him tomorrow at CalJam (The Foo's festival in Southern California).
  • JOEJOEJOE said:
    Seeing him tomorrow at CalJam (The Foo's festival in Southern California).
    Be ready for him doing Range Rover Bitch with them!
    Loved the gig in Denver on Saturday. Getting tunes like Some Might Say, Slide Away, and Live Forever was a real treat. Hope he bumps the show length to 90 minutes next time.
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,879
    He was good in Minneapolis last night, but the show was only an hour
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |