Options

Eddie Vedder's Out of Sand in Twin Peaks. RSD Soundtrack Picture Disc Release

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738
    Sevens was also on Amazon. :)

If Amazon sends it to you, then great! Just letting you know what I read about the colored variants for both the score and the soundtrack being indie exclusive.
    Oh I remember. And they cancelled all their orders weeks in advance. This one comes ships out tomorrow with 2 listings & different product #'s.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    demetrios said:

If Amazon sends it to you, then great! Just letting you know what I read about the colored variants for both the score and the soundtrack being indie exclusive.
    Oh I remember. And they cancelled all their orders weeks in advance. This one comes ships out tomorrow with 2 listings & different product #'s.
    Yah I ordered the coloured one from Amazon a few weeks ago.. hopefully it shows up.  If not I'll go back to trying to track it down on an indie site :)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:

Yah I ordered the coloured one from Amazon a few weeks ago.. hopefully it shows up.  If not I'll go back to trying to track it down on an indie site :)
    From CA or USA? I didn't see the red & black splatter go up on Amazon Canada since a few day's back. Was confirmed by Amazon agents that it's the soundtrack. With the EV track. That it's the red & black splatter.
  • Options
    Okay, even though some people on here say that Sevens is STILL showing as an open order in their order history, I forgot that you're always right. I'll stop passing along information to you since you seem to have the inside scoop on everything and therefore don't want to listen to anyone else.

These links both say indie exclusive, but this is the last that I'll mention of it:

https://www.amoeba.com/blog/2017/08/amoeba-music/-limited-edition-twin-peaks-color-vinyl-out-september-22nd.html

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/25598743/twin-peaks-music-from-the-limited-event-series-red-black-vinyl-2-lp-140-gram-red-black-vinyl-indie-exclusive
  • Options
    Okay, even though some people on here say that Sevens is STILL showing as an open order in their order history, I forgot that you're always right. I'll stop passing along information to you since you seem to have the inside scoop on everything and therefore don't want to listen to anyone else.

These links both say indie exclusive, but this is the last that I'll mention of it:

https://www.amoeba.com/blog/2017/08/amoeba-music/-limited-edition-twin-peaks-color-vinyl-out-september-22nd.html

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/25598743/twin-peaks-music-from-the-limited-event-series-red-black-vinyl-2-lp-140-gram-red-black-vinyl-indie-exclusive
    I've seen that too.  Amazon has had the odd limited edition vinyl before by accident.   Sometimes they just get their hands on some.   Both you and Demetrois can be right at the same time...
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:

From CA or USA? I didn't see the red & black splatter go up on Amazon Canada since a few day's back. Was confirmed by Amazon agents that it's the soundtrack. With the EV track. That it's the red & black splatter.
    My order history says I ordered it on Sep. 8th.  Found it by accident somehow (it was posted without the picture at the time).  I usually search for blah blah blah vinyl, but it's listed as an LP.   I must of just search twin peaks or something when i found it.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Was also available over @ https://www.roughtrade.com/us/music/twin-peaks-music-from-the-limited-event-series

Check the following link. What do you see? https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Twin+Peaks+(Limited+Event+Series+Soundtrack)&rh=i:aps,k:Twin+Peaks+(Limited+Event+Series+Soundtrack)

This is what we all see ..

It's there! Even ask Amazon reps. It's listed there! We will find out tomorrow or even tonight when they ship out these 4 editions.

If folks receive in the mail from Amazon Canada the red & black splatter, something is up!

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,313
    edited September 2017
    Amazon sells colored vinyls
    http://amzn.to/2fmcJyW
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited September 2017

We were just talking about this and now it's been pushed back. lol
  • Options
    FYI .. when you hear "Indie Exclusive Colored Vinyl" don't think it will never sell on Amazon.

For example .. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=popular&field-keywords=Indie+Exclusive+Colored+Vinyl

There are 168 ..
    Indie Exclusive Colored Vinyl .. titles selling @ Amazon right now. Pretty much the majority are in stock & ready to ship out. And the majority are sold not by resellers but by Amazon Prime.

• Options
    This was never about me being right or wrong, but letting people know that this is listed as an indie exclusive and to not use Amazon as a fail-safe for everything. 

No one will know what is going to happen with these Amazon listings until the street date. It doesn't matter if something's listed for sale if the order is never going to be fulfilled.

And you don't need to educate me on Amazon; I've been a prime member since 2005.

Once again, I'm not here to argue, but some people only listen to what they want to hear. I can accept that, but a back-and-forth with said people is futile, so I choose not to. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Both colored vinyl are now temp out of stock over @ Amazon Canada. With a few record stores already having a delay,  I noticed a few on Instagram already received their stock day's back on the colored vinyl copies.

Of course it's not fail-safe to use Amazon, and indeed it's not fail-safe ordering with indie stores. I've had orders cancelled on me through indie stores on pre orders that never were fulfilled. Same went with Amazon. But you see, Amazon does sell indie exclusive colored vinyl both on Amazon USA & Amazon CDN and orders have been safe for many customers. Indie vinyl exclusive releases being sold by Amazon Prime.

I'm not here to argue too. And great that some people only listen to what they want to hear. I just post what I hear & what I see. With news, info, links whatever that is available to share with my friends here @ the 10club board.

• Options
  • Options
    silvosilvo Posts: 285
    Why isn't Ed's song available on Spotify, etc? Surely the fact that it is available on cd/lp means it's 'out there'!! I've ordered the coloured vinyl but whilst I wait for it it would be nice to listen to it in its intended form somewhere. The rest of the album seems to be readily available except for Ed and NIN!!?
  • Options
    GC31608GC31608 GA Posts: 228
    Just received my confirmation from Amoeba my order has shipped.
  • Options
    Hmm ...

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Hmm ....

Amazon is touch and go with indie only releases.   Sometimes they get them, sometimes they think they are but don't.   Amazon order has none in stock and no shipping estimated date.   Probably time to start perusing my usual US online indie stores...  :(
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Mine just updated

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    This was never about me being right or wrong, but letting people know that this is listed as an indie exclusive and to not use Amazon as a fail-safe for everything. 

No one will know what is going to happen with these Amazon listings until the street date. It doesn't matter if something's listed for sale if the order is never going to be fulfilled.

And you don't need to educate me on Amazon; I've been a prime member since 2005.

Once again, I'm not here to argue, but some people only listen to what they want to hear. I can accept that, but a back-and-forth with said people is futile, so I choose not to. 
    What can be bought via Amazon can be bought via Amazon. ;) My experience is that Amazon can't be trusted with pre-sales, and especially not with limited edition stuff. After way too many bad experiences with their pre-sales (and not just with ltd ed things), I will only buy what is already in stock from Amazon.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yesterday afternoon my order went from "Preparing for Shipment" to "Being shipped today" at around 6pm EST last night.

No update this morning.

There has been a lot of heat on Warner Music Canada's handle on all their social media pages advertising the red & green vinyls every few day's. Who ever is running them needs to stop reposting the same images & links over & over again cause they haven't even shipped anything out yet. They know how to promote & take orders (Warner Bros Canada & Amazon), but they don't know how to deliver the orders.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    I listen to the Taormina version multiple times a day. Unbelievable song to see live. 
  • Options
    My order still says currently unavailable and waiting to give me an expected delivery date.  Which is weird because I think I ordered mine before you....

I also saw that Warner Bro's add all over my facebook feed and thought it was odd considering the color version are almost impossible to buy here in Canada.  When something is a limited edition indie release that doesn't mean Canadian indie stores :(
  • Options
    Zod said:
    My order still says currently unavailable and waiting to give me an expected delivery date.  Which is weird because I think I ordered mine before you....

I also saw that Warner Bro's add all over my facebook feed and thought it was odd considering the color version are almost impossible to buy here in Canada.  When something is a limited edition indie release that doesn't mean Canadian indie stores :(
    Warner Music Canada has been posting the same thing over & over again. And I can't block these ads posted on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram apps on my Android phone by them & others. The funny thing is on when you click on the official Warner Music Canada social media ages, you don't see Warner Music Canada posting about this Twin Peaks release. You only see these same ads on your social media news feed. Which is very odd.
  • Options
    Huzzah!!! It shipped!

• Options
    demetrios said:
    Huzzah!!! It shipped!

Sigh.... I've still got:

Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

It's weird that Amazon doesn't process orders based on filling the first orders first?

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,814
    is there any way to hear this version of the song other than paying $15 for it?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Woo, my order just updated and my cc was charged... looks like it's going to be shipped :)
  • Options
    Youtube?

I think the cd/vinyl is the only way to buy a physical copy and I read that you can't buy it as a single track on itunes.  The best bets are youtube or grey areas of the internet.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Woo, my order just updated and my cc was charged... looks like it's going to be shipped :)
    Excellent! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Zod said:
    Youtube?

I think the cd/vinyl is the only way to buy a physical copy and I read that you can't buy it as a single track on itunes.  The best bets are youtube or grey areas of the internet.
    Best bet. http://www.rhino.com/product/twin-peaks-music-from-the-limited-event-series

But I already hooked him up. :)