Options

Feeling so Lost- So glad of Stone's Note Today

ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
Does anyone else feel completely blindsided, dumbfounded, arbitrated, humiliated and otherwise spaced by the events since November last year? I'm having a hell of a year on top of it with moving away from a love, and back to California, (where I belong). House I'm in got flooded.. so living in a trailer and learning how to flush a plastic toilet.. (wheelchair friendly? Yep.. except doors have to stay open!) Car accident a few weeks back, losing not just one but 6 people including my best friend, in the last 2 months. (He fell asleep, and never woke up... hopefully with his wife, if i believed in such things, who died 11 years before). 

I got to San Francisco and proceeded immediately to my first west coast anti-trumpshit rally. But aside from the marches, daily calls to my senator, (she's on speed dial), and letting others know via social media actual FACTS instead of manipulations-- it's just exhausting. The liar in chief and the entire GOP is just a bunch of treacherous thieves out to fuck over anyone who isn't a limo riding ass kisser. It's beyond my conception that these people are considered in charge of this country. That they're people?? That I still question.  Those of you who know me, know I'm a disabled veteran... and thanks to much of the support for the ADA community this last two years, I've actually been part of a small group of people able to say I got the best damned show ever in Wrigley. This band keeps me sane. These political fucktards just want to weaken our resolve. 

Is anyone else feeling as lost??

Cathe, (aka ratmando)
When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hiya, rat.  Politically, personally...life has thrown a few curveballs my way since November.

I am so so sorry for all you've been through, and such loss.  So much to process, and I imagine that (overly-lingering) sense of "Why?  What next?" permeates in many ways.

I haven't read the Stone note but will look for it.

I hope you keep hanging in there, and continue to see the kindness and beauty in some (yourself included).  They - their words, their actions - are what help us get through the shit times, and maybe pass it forward as well.

Good thoughts to you.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

A NOTE FROM STONE GOSSARD

THERE IS SO MUCH HAPPENING IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW … HANG ON TO EACH OTHER

NEWS SEPTEMBER 14 2017
    There is so much happening in the world right now ... a seemingly endless string of heartbreaking events ... it feels relentless ...  forest fires across the western United States and Canada ... hurricanes, floods and wreckage in Texas and the southeastern States and the Caribbean … the hate marches and violence erupting in Charlottesville now cropping up around the country ... the earthquake in Mexico ... the threat of nuclear war from North Korea ... the famine in Yemen, South Sudan, Somalia, Nigeria  ... the ethnic-cleansing in Myanmar (formerly Burma) ... the recent devastation in India, Nepal, Bangladesh ... the ongoing conflict in the Middle East … and more. So much more. 

We wish we could reach out to each one of you individually because we know you're likely hurting from one or more of these things. Please know we are feeling all this too and thinking about everyone and trying to do as many things as we can to help as many people as possible. We know you're all doing the same. Hang on to each other ...
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thanks, dig :peace:
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    So sorry to hear about your losses, Cathe.  Six in two months is a huge load to burden.  I hope you have a good support group where you are.  And these PJ forums offer loads of support too!  My condolences and best wished to you.

I've often felt like a stranger in a strange land on planet earth so Trump has not added much to my woes.  Like many of us, I totally lost my shit when Trump was elected but now I'm more dismayed by the American voting public in general.  How could that happen!  Trump didn't elect himself, nor did Russia or Hillary even- America did... sort of.  Yes, I know Hillary got more votes but not enough to win the electoral college.  Hell, I coulda done that, haha!  I admit I'm a bit of an odd man out here regarding Trump.  If I let his position of office (you know, "president") get to me, I would feel like I was misplacing my energy.  What at first was outrage more and more becomes positive energy.  John Lydon said it best:  "Anger is an energy."  Use that energy to make something good happen rather than be overwhelmed or caught like a deer in headlights.  Moving forward is the only solution.  It sounds like you already are by getting involved in rallies, calling your representative etc.  Right on! 

We can make a difference.  Thinking otherwise is fatal.  
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Exactly Brian.. and thanks everyone else.. especially for reposting the note... I can't believe we still use electoral college.. it was designed when communications were far more difficult, not the internet age. Hugsnluv
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    It's okay to feel like you're list or to be lost for awhile after what you've been through. You're not alone, you'll find your way, you'll find the answers. Love friendship and positive thinking.

I'll share my favorite Dyerisms. Sometimes I have to remind myself of these. 

Change your perspective “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”

Hardships reveal who you are “Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.”

Make a decision to move forward “You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be.”

Control how you react to events “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”

Be open to miracles “Miracles come in moments. Be ready and willing.”

• Options
    ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    edited September 2017
     I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. 
    Really are no words. 

It means more than ever known to read what we say here. 
    I feel fortunate. 
    Post edited by Shyner on
  • Options
    Very glad that life is being kind to you

Henry David Thoreau