Options

We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• Options
    What do you guys think the "random" city of 2018 US tour will be?  Aka the Moline, Greenville, Hampton, Charlottesville, etc

I'm saying Little Rock, Baton Rouge, or Dayton Ohio

Sacramento will be on the list this year....brand new downtown arena that has implemented all of the sound enhancing technology available for large indoor venue.  They have been rolling everyone through lately...even when the same artists are playing in the Bay Area...Roger Waters is showing up with the Us and Them tour.  
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,916
    edited August 2017
    Hope for Tuscon or Phoenix since I've got family in that area that I can stay with. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    JojoRice said:
    Hope for Tuscon or Phoenix since I've got family in that area that I can stay with. 
    Same and agreed on Phoenix. Staying with family would help with expenses a lot for traveling to a show.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    What do you guys think the "random" city of 2018 US tour will be?  Aka the Moline, Greenville, Hampton, Charlottesville, etc

I'm saying Little Rock, Baton Rouge, or Dayton Ohio

Sacramento will be on the list this year....brand new downtown arena that has implemented all of the sound enhancing technology available for large indoor venue.  They have been rolling everyone through lately...even when the same artists are playing in the Bay Area...Roger Waters is showing up with the Us and Them tour.  
    That makes sense...

Hoping the new arena in Vegas gets them to go back... that's an easy trip
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    I have already planned on visiting La Jolla in San Diego next year. Would love to have it work out to coincide with a PJ tour. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    Brazil anyone? 

Has this officially been announced? 
  • Options
    ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    I have to admit seeing this makes me super happy. I won't be able to go to Brazil, but knowing there is some activity is awesome. I had this nagging dread of them calling it quits (Jeff, I think, had said in the past that when it's time, they would probably pull an R.E.M. and just stop without an announcement). 10 albums, back to back stadium shows at Fenway and Wrigley, 25 years and HOF induction had me reading into the tea leaves a little too much that this would have been them wrapping things up neatly. Glad it was just a case of seeing clues that weren't there. 
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,505
    They should play Detroit, Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo.    A man can dream, right?  
    A week ago today we were in Kalamazoo for the afternoon/evening before continuing onto Chicago with the kids. As I passed all the signs for Grand Rapids, Lansing, Detroit, etc. kept saying how I'd love to return there next year.

buck you don't happen to drive a silver Dodge Durango? As we passed through Kalamazoo on Sunday on the way home I thought I spotted someone that looks like you.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    100 Pacer said:
    They should play Detroit, Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo.    A man can dream, right?  
    A week ago today we were in Kalamazoo for the afternoon/evening before continuing onto Chicago with the kids. As I passed all the signs for Grand Rapids, Lansing, Detroit, etc. kept saying how I'd love to return there next year.

buck you don't happen to drive a silver Dodge Durango? As we passed through Kalamazoo on Sunday on the way home I thought I spotted someone that looks like you.
    No, silver durango for me - I do have a into the wild sticker on my bumper :)
  • Options
    pearljam1809pearljam1809 Posts: 863
    edited August 2017
    bbiggs said:
    Brazil anyone? 

nop, nothing official yet, only rumors. In fact early birds tickets have not gone on sale, and usually the line-up is announce after that 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Brazil anyone? 

What is this from? A flyer? Screenshot?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    Anyone else on the west coast have arena connections? You know LA and Seattle are going to get a show. Lets get out there and get some rumours going!
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    JojoRice said:
    I have an acre in PHX and we are such PJ junkies I'd rent a shit ton of tents and turn my property into a mini PJ camp for the show :)
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    I'm interviewing for a job in Kalamazoo in 20 minutes, sounds great to me!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Good luck - that's where I live ;)
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    oh right on.  I have family all over Michigan but the closest are in Plainwell.  My wife and I hung out in Kalamazoo the last two times we visited and loved it.  Looking for a change and potentially getting lol.  WA to MI :dizzy:
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    Let us not forget of Toledo! That would be a nice one to throw in the next midwest tour
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    oh right on.  I have family all over Michigan but the closest are in Plainwell.  My wife and I hung out in Kalamazoo the last two times we visited and loved it.  Looking for a change and potentially getting lol.  WA to MI :dizzy:
    I grew up on the mean streets of Plainwell
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    How about Goin back to Camden or ac? 
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,435
    I'll take any show in North America. I'm not picky, just itching for more rumors. I like to have something to look forward too
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Camden blows
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,559
    Yep. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    my2hands said:
    Camden blows
    Terrible venue. Play holmdel instead. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    edited August 2017
    dtr0624 said:
    How about Goin back to Camden or ac? 
    Yes!!!!!   If we want to do something different I got a 500 acre farm in south jersey. Let's play!!!!!

i have ZERO knowledge of planning a concert. But I believe we have a couple bitching spots. 
    Post edited by Stickman24 on
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    Camden blows
    Terrible venue. Play holmdel instead. 

Yes it is. But, Holmdel basically  has the same Venue.  

I prefer The Center in Philly, The Borgata in A.C. or The Rock in Newark, and of course :MSG
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    Philly is the best place to see PJ.. worst sport fans,  best concert fans. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Brazil anyone? 

• Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 883
    bbiggs said:
    Brazil anyone? 

If I had to guess, photoshop. Lol 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,916
    JojoRice said:
    I have an acre in PHX and we are such PJ junkies I'd rent a shit ton of tents and turn my property into a mini PJ camp for the show :)
    That would be awesome!! Great idea!  PJ campout!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,845
    edited August 2017
    Band takes rest of the year off. Goes into studio in 2018. Releases album mid 2019. Tours Europe in 2020 and band plays summer but most likely fall 2020 US dates to coincide with the election.

People who think we're getting an album in 2018 are staying positive, but realistically, I don't believe it will happen. The band hasn't even hinted at material and they haven't been in a rush to release anything for fifteen years.
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert