American River Conservancy (ARC) Land Stewardship Program

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
My wife and I just finished a two day training seminar to become land stewards for the American River Conservancy (ARC), a local land conservancy organization we have been members of for many years now. Basically, the work will involve visiting a chosen land conservancy site (yet to be determined) at least four times a year and report back the condition of things like trail access, signage, picking up trash, reporting downed trees, reporting illegal activity such as wood cutting, hunting, etc. It's NOT a cop role, just observation and some maintenance as well as community outreach to neighbors of conserved properties. Just a little way to give back to our area.
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    brianlux said:

My wife and I just finished a two day training seminar to become land stewards for the American River Conservancy (ARC), a local land conservancy organization we have been members of for many years now. Basically, the work will involve visiting a chosen land conservancy site (yet to be determined) at least four times a year and report back the condition of things like trail access, signage, picking up trash, reporting downed trees, reporting illegal activity such as wood cutting, hunting, etc. It's NOT a cop role, just observation and some maintenance as well as community outreach to neighbors of conserved properties. Just a little way to give back to our area.

Sweet! I recently joined Friends of The Garden of the Gods this pat year. We help maintain the park, and help to maintain and rebuild the trails as needed. A really neat way to give back!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

brianlux said:

Sweet! I recently joined Friends of The Garden of the Gods this pat year. We help maintain the park, and help to maintain and rebuild the trails as needed. A really neat way to give back!
    Way to go, Tree! :plus_one:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Sounds like good deeds :)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    We've just been given our assignment- to be stewards for the the area that is headwaters for the American River up in the Sierra High.   This is exciting!  The only drawback is we won't me able to get in up there until early summer because of the deep snow-pack this year (which we are thankful for after several years of drought!)