Pearl Jam Anthology - The Complete Scores Book

Comments

• hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    BMo-643 said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1495060411/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3EOH35LPFGQFD&coliid=I3IVHYSEIO821J

Its down to $45 now on Amazon if you have Amazon Prime that means its literally half the price as Ten Club right now and you'll get it 2 weeks earlier.

Boom
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    BMo-643 said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1495060411/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3EOH35LPFGQFD&coliid=I3IVHYSEIO821J

Its down to $45 now on Amazon if you have Amazon Prime that means its literally half the price as Ten Club right now and you'll get it 2 weeks earlier.

I wonder if they've been getting cancel requests due to the lack of detail.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    http://amzn.to/2ozZwlc
    Price dropped to $45!!!
    I miss igotid88
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    You almost have to get it at $45.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    MedozK said:

You almost have to get it at $45.

I thought that about 56.... but 45..... wow.
  • I ended up canceling and going with Amazon. The savings was just too much to pass up. And when i ordered through Amazon i also got a message informing me that if the price drops even more before shipping date, i would be refunded the difference.
  • davidosdavidos Posts: 466
    How do you cancel a 10C order?
    davidos said:

Cancel the credit card your order was on.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    davidos said:

There is a contact page regarding orders...just fill it out and include your order #....easy
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Looks like the next mystery box will have a lot of these Anthology books in them.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    ordered at $45 on amazon.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited April 2017
    At the end of the day, I will probably buy this too (on Amazon, of course).. Like I bought the Ten tab book back in the day even if I already knew it was full of errors (I'm a PJ sucker like many of you), but at least the solos were there, they were in general transcribed a lot better than most of the riffs.. For example the Garden solos are all there, even the final part where you actually have to listen very very carefully to hear what the hell is played, until the fade out..
    I think people here that may justify, even in part, the ridiculous lazy 'solo ad lib' thing in this book, you probably never bought a guitar tab book in your entire life (not that it's a crime, of course).. There are more accurate ones and some others not that much accurate, but all of them try at least to be as complete as possible.. Jimi Hendrix has lots of very well done tab books for studio and live stuff (and trust me, if you have a doubt, as much as I love Mike, he can only bow to Hendrix greatness, as Mike himself probably would say).. They didn't go back in time to ask Hendrix if he could help, they used ears and experience to transcribe things out (something the people in charge of this book didn't do)

And, I mean, you guys, have you seen the way the Alive bridge is tabbed in this half-assed damn anthology? That B chord is plain wrong, absolutely not the way the song is played during that part (look at the unplugged version, it's not that difficult to figure out that stuff, and that's how I originally learned it).. I wonder if the price is lowering again and again as more people become aware of how incomplete and low quality this book really is..
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Ordered on Amazon
    With Mikes new book for $22& change
    Plus Kid A vinyl

All for $100

Wooot wooot
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    Maybe it should be advertised as a Pearl Jam chord book if solos are omitted. I have an Oasis one like that.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,331
    Amazon Canada prices are on a roller coaster ride on this one in just a few days.
    Started @ $97.50. Went down to $63.49. Now it's up @ $82.11.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    If no solos than the book was falsely advertised. My hopes are not high.
  • petronio78petronio78 Posts: 45
    just ordered mine for 59.75€ free shipping and estimate delivery time june 6 to 12.
    for the european www.ibs.it
    ;-)
    hope for a B-sides anthology there are so many songs to figure out...

At the end of the day, I will probably buy this too (on Amazon, of course).. Like I bought the Ten tab book back in the day even if I already knew it was full of errors (I'm a PJ sucker like many of you), but at least the solos were there, they were in general transcribed a lot better than most of the riffs.. For example the Garden solos are all there, even the final part where you actually have to listen very very carefully to hear what the hell is played, until the fade out..
    I think people here that may justify, even in part, the ridiculous lazy 'solo ad lib' thing in this book, you probably never bought a guitar tab book in your entire life (not that it's a crime, of course).. There are more accurate ones and some others not that much accurate, but all of them try at least to be as complete as possible.. Jimi Hendrix has lots of very well done tab books for studio and live stuff (and trust me, if you have a doubt, as much as I love Mike, he can only bow to Hendrix greatness, as Mike himself probably would say).. They didn't go back in time to ask Hendrix if he could help, they used ears and experience to transcribe things out (something the people in charge of this book didn't do)

And, I mean, you guys, have you seen the way the Alive bridge is tabbed in this half-assed damn anthology? That B chord is plain wrong, absolutely not the way the song is played during that part (look at the unplugged version, it's not that difficult to figure out that stuff, and that's how I originally learned it).. I wonder if the price is lowering again and again as more people become aware of how incomplete and low quality this book really is..

For the same reason I bought almost every guitar magazines with pj transcriptions in it...just because as guitarist and fan I want to know each of their songs... and who cares if the book will be 50% wrong... to me is the greatest gift for now,
    edited May 2017

just ordered mine for 59.75€ free shipping and estimate delivery time june 6 to 12.
    for the european www.ibs.it

Internet Bookshop Italia shipping is .. Available in 4/5 weeks? https://www.ibs.it/pearl-jam-complete-scores-deluxe-libro-inglese-vari/e/9781495060410
    10club's shipping is May 10th. https://pearljam.com/shop/featured-items/pearl-jam-anthology-the-complete-scores-presale
    Amazon Canada's shipping is May 10th. http://a.co/hUkHYOF
    Amazon UK shipping is July 16th. http://amzn.eu/eo9PNiC

Amazon USA shipping is May 25th? http://a.co/9Tasjpj

Post edited by demetrios on
    i can wait, no problem... ;)
  • sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    demetrios said:

Amazon Canada prices are on a roller coaster ride on this one in just a few days.
    Started @ $97.50. Went down to $63.49. Now it's up @ $82.11.

The good thing with ordering through amazon is that they will charge you the lowest price it has ever been until it is shipped. I pre-ordered at 97, but since the price went down to 63 that is the price that I will currently be charged when it is shipped
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    its no longer on amazon...:s
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
    holy shit it's not.  This is total bs if what I'm thinking happened.  
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    edited May 2017
    Amazon US says temporarily out of stock.

That being said, if you ordered this and Mike's book you're spending $50 less than 10C.

It's a no-brainer.
    mcgruff10 said:
    What you think, what you think? I'm curious, lol
    Yeah, now there's a nice little dog if you try to reach that page.. Is buying here now the only option? Don't know if I want to pay that price for a not-so-very-well-done book (if I was sure it was a quality product, I had probably bought 2 copies from TC already)
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah, now there's a nice little dog if you try to reach that page.. Is buying here now the only option? Don't know if I want to pay that price for a not-so-very-well-done book (if I was sure it was a quality product, I had probably bought 2 copies from TC already)
    I was thinking 10c shut down the amazon sale because it was cutting into their profits.  I could be wrong but that was my initial thought.

I'm hoping amazon honors the pre-sales.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was thinking 10c shut down the amazon sale because it was cutting into their profits.  I could be wrong but that was my initial thought.

I'm hoping amazon honors the pre-sales.  
    Uhm, yeah, I would bet both my arms that most people ordered thru amazon, and with good reason.. but that's probably why now appears to be out of stock, maybe? (lots of people ordering there) If TC authorized the Amazon sales, I don't think they can do such a thing.. or not? Who knows..
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    we will see what happens I guess.  my order is still showing. 
    Also, did SLH ever respond regarding that inquiry about solos?  I didn't see a repsonse
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
    Things like this happens many times with Amazon. I scored a Zelda book few months back and the URL link was offline. Purchase order was still in my order status. I contacted Amazon via chat. Said my order was good. It's temp out of stock. More should be available soon