Anyone feel like joining a Facebook Group?

I've been wondering for a while about the possibility of starting a Musicians & Gearheads Facebook group, as an easier way for people to connect and share stuff, and also maybe to find some fans and gearheads who aren't Ten Club members, and can't get into the forums because of the pay wall. I'd be willing to moderate a group, or share moderator duties with one or two others, depending on how crazy the group gets. I would probably make it a closed group, so people could find us, but maybe we could keep the spam to a manageable level.

If you feel like getting something like this going, you can send me a PM with your Facebook contact. Once I get a few members, I can start the group, and then everyone else can just join. I'll post that updated info on this thread if/when that happens.

So... whaddya think?
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Totally in.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Group has been created, feel free to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/914349755338298/
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Ah man, sounds cool. I dumped Facebook a year ago.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I'm surprised it's taken this long for a FB group to get started. Thanks!!!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy

I feel you. Facebook is definitely a win-some-lose-some approach. If you ever decide to re-join, you can come find us! And your racist grandma!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I'm fairly booked with computer time but I'm definitely up for checking it out from time to time. Very cool!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

I feel you. Facebook is definitely a win-some-lose-some approach. If you ever decide to re-join, you can come find us! And your racist grandma!
    Had to laugh out loud MCIG!! I know I'm done - I joined in 2006 and loved it for the first few years. I ended up being stalked there and on Instagram and that precipitated my leaving.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    i'm totally gonna join. thanks for taking the initiative MIG.

we are all smart and goal oriented people. i don't know why one of us never came up with this idea before. :facepalm!!!!:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    We're off to a slow start, but it doesn't need to take over our lives or Facebook feeds. It's just another way of connecting, maybe more convenient, certainly more available to the folks who got kicked off here when the pay wall went up.
  • We're off to a slow start, but it doesn't need to take over our lives or Facebook feeds. It's just another way of connecting, maybe more convenient, certainly more available to the folks who got kicked off here when the pay wall went up.

It's such a great idea. Easier to share pictures and keep up with everyone on that.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I'd like to join. But not sure what if anything I could contribute to the convo :smile:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    And I hate that people hang out more on facey spacey than they do here.

But I get it.
  • FoxyRedLa said:

I'd like to join. But not sure what if anything I could contribute to the convo :smile:

I don't usually post in the group...but I love seeing the pics and reading the convos.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Isn't Facebook for 10 year-old girls who also write who they love on their shoes???
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Wma31394 said:

Isn't Facebook for 10 year-old girls who also write who they love on their shoes???

I'm a 28 y/o male and I'd get in a lot of trouble if I wrote anything on my boots...

It's just a bit easier to keep in contact, share pictures/videos/links than on here. But hey, that's just my opinion.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    Wma31394 said:

yes this is exactly what it is for. along with sharing memes with fake quotes on them, sharing news articles written by fake news sources, and photos of food.

actually the facebook group is more lively than the forum.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Group has been created, feel free to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/914349755338298/

What is the actual name of the FB group? I only log in one way so I can't get it on here.

What is the actual name of the FB group? I only log in one way so I can't get it on here.

The title of the group is "Pearl Jam Fans - Musicians & Gearheads". It's pretty quiet over there, but you're welcome to join.
    I noticed not much happening there. Odd. I'm not on regular fb very often so I'll have to actively remember that group is there!

I have nosey in laws.