Options

In the Garden

whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
I walked til I found 'No Service',
To spend time in prayer to
God.
I listened to the windy song, and every crow that caw-ed.

I basked in the sunshine, and felt a love I never knew.
To know that He feeds each one of them;
And, yes He feeds me too.

Speaks volumes of His love for me.
How undeserved it be.
That He cherishes these moments, here in the Garden, these moments here with me.
When I remember that I'm not my own,
But His, as He Died for me.
A price that I could never pay,
Jesus paid for me. And if you ask, I will reply,
That there my loyalties lay.

I debated posting this here.. because it is just so openly "God-y"... but my wonderful friends here, basically set me straight. This little light of mine.. I'm gonna let it shine.
It's my first truly happy, and uplifting poem; EVER..

Comments

• Options
    Ps.. the meter is wayyyy off at the end. Sorry.. lol
  • Options
    ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    I love it!
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    I think this is beautiful. Bravo to you for sharing -- if it isn't what someone else believes AND they cannot acknowledge your joy in writing, when reading it....then they can buzz off.
    Nobody will troll your beliefs when you share them like this. This is what art should be -- a pure expression of emotion(s), shared with others.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

I think this is beautiful. Bravo to you for sharing -- if it isn't what someone else believes AND they cannot acknowledge your joy in writing, when reading it....then they can buzz off.
    Nobody will troll your beliefs when you share them like this. This is what art should be -- a pure expression of emotion(s), shared with others.

Thank you. I just don't want to 'shove Jesus' down folks' throats; that's soooo not what it's about. ( and I already tried that aspect 30 yrs ago, and made everyone walk away going: " if that's a Christian, I want no part"). But there is just so much joy and peace in my world now, that I figure it's unfair NOT to share this with everyone!
    Thank you for the words of encouragement. It means a lot!