Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,461
    first Wrigley ready to wall

First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    photo IMG_0424_zpsw9jvjrat.jpg

Eaton for the old lady
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532

photo IMG_0424_zpsw9jvjrat.jpg

Eaton for the old lady

I like it!
  • Options
    PredakingPredaking Posts: 267
    Paging the dude who was offering his custom services... Not satisfied with the matting options through American Frame for a couple of my posters.
  • Options
    cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,461
    Anyone have a picture of some poster framed with a tambourine?
    need some idea to frame tambourine with the poster
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    cardoso said:

first Wrigley ready to wall

looks sweet
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,117
    edited March 2017
    Am I the only one that attempted to frame 21 posters at the same time, and went with basic custom framing only? IE black frames custom fit to the poster dimensions, so that the poster fits perfectly in the frame with a layer of cardboard behind it?

I think I paid about $1200 to $1300 to frame all those posters. If I matted them... holy crap! :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    eRock10eRock10 Posts: 118
    Does anyone have an example of a framed Transformers AP? I've seen some sweet frame jobs of the show version that pretty much cover the white with the matte; obviously would like to keep the S/N visable..
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Zod said:

Am I the only one that attempt to frame 21 posters at the same time, and went with basic customer framing only? IE black frames custom fit to the poster dimensions, so that the poster fits perfectly in the frame with a layer of cardboard behind it?

I think I paid about $1200 to $1300 to frame all those posters. If I matted them... holy crap! :)

I think that you are. :)

I frame as you do-- no matte, just frame.

You know that you have now obligated yourself not only to hanging all of these, but sharing all of this frame goodness with us, right? =)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,117
    edited March 2017
    deadendp said:

Zod said:

Am I the only one that attempt to frame 21 posters at the same time, and went with basic customer framing only? IE black frames custom fit to the poster dimensions, so that the poster fits perfectly in the frame with a layer of cardboard behind it?

I think that you are. :)

I frame as you do-- no matte, just frame.

You know that you have now obligated yourself not only to hanging all of these, but sharing all of this frame goodness with us, right? =)
    They're all hung now. There not all PJ... Most of them are PJ. I had a Seattle '98 that came framed, so technically the means there's 22 posters hung around the house. The non PJ ones are Soundgarden Gorge '11, Soundgarden Vancouver '13 (variant), Alice in Chains Vancouver 2010?, Smashing Pumpkins Vancouver '97 (even though it says '96 tour on it.. lol), Metallica Vancouver 2012, Gun's N Roses Seattle '16, Chris Cornell Vancouver '15. So that's 7 Non-PJ, One EV, which means 14 PJ posters.. lol... I'll try and take some pictures in the next few days.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I've waited 8 years to get this done and finally jumped on a deal at Michael's.

Post edited by PJ and Dylan are my muse on
    192xxx
    6/26+27/98, 10/8/00 (IB), 6/21/03, 9/3+4/11 (PJ20) - East Troy
    6/29/98, 10/9/00, 6/18/03, 5/16+17/06, 8/23+24/09, 8/20+22/16, 8/18+20/18, *8/29+31/24 - Chicago
    6/6/03 - Las Vegas
    10/5/04, 9/18/22 - St. Louis
    6/29/06, 10/20/14 - Milwaukee
    11/19/13 - Phoenix
    4/26/16 - Lexington

• Options
    mwelchonsmwelchons Posts: 108
    edited March 2017

Pittsburgh '98. I was at this show and a few years back finally found the print on EBay, for which I paid a small fortune. I kick myself because I remember seeing the poster hung up at the merch. tent and there were several still available. One question: because I purchased on eBay, how does one authenticate whether the print is indeed real. Is there a way to tell? The size perfectly matches the specs for the poster but are there tell-tale signs of a fake? I'm 99.99% this is legitimate but wonder if anyone has any thoughts otherwise.
    Post edited by mwelchons on
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,421
    mwelchons said:

Pittsburgh '98. I was at this show and a few years back finally found the print on EBay, for which I paid a small fortune. I kick myself because I remember seeing the poster hung up at the merch. tent and there were several still available. One question: because I purchased on eBay, how does one authenticate whether the print is indeed real. Is there a way to tell? The size perfectly matches the specs for the poster but are there tell-tale signs of a fake? I'm 99.99% this is legitimate but wonder if anyone has any thoughts otherwise.

That's fantastic! :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Zod said:

Am I the only one that attempted to frame 21 posters at the same time, and went with basic custom framing only? IE black frames custom fit to the poster dimensions, so that the poster fits perfectly in the frame with a layer of cardboard behind it?

Did you get spacers?
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    mwelchons said:

Since you already bought it and hung it, do you really want to know the answer?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mwelchons said:

Thanks for your contribution. Any serious responses? Yes I want to know the answer. If it's fake, then I'll find and buy the real one.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,911
    I'm guessing it's legit, Pittsburgh 98 would be a random one to bootleg. Are bootleg posters even a thing?
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,911
    I bought a 98 e.troy/Chicago a few years ago. An it was in perfect condition which I found surprising for it being 15ish years later. I did question its authenticity for a day or so. But it's quality was consistent with other posters I have, so I put it out of my mind.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    mwelchons said:

mrussel1 said:

mwelchons said:

Thanks for your contribution. Any serious responses? Yes I want to know the answer. If it's fake, then I'll find and buy the real one.
    I'd be confident that it's the real deal. And is that a quintuple mat??!!
  • Options

I bought a 98 e.troy/Chicago a few years ago. An it was in perfect condition which I found surprising for it being 15ish years later. I did question its authenticity for a day or so. But it's quality was consistent with other posters I have, so I put it out of my mind.

Thanks man. I think you raise a good point about Pittsburgh being a random one to fabricate. I had heard there were some Missoula fakes going around but those had some glaring red flag issues. I need to follow your example and put it out of my head.
  • Options

mwelchons said:

mrussel1 said:

mwelchons said:

I'd be confident that it's the real deal. And is that a quintuple mat??!!
    Thanks dude! Hahaha yeah I definitely went a little overheard in framing it. Hahah.
  • Options
    Overboard
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited March 2017
    You didn't go overboard at all...
    THAT looks INCREDIBLE!!
    PERFECT matte choices buddy :plus_one:
    I wouldn't worry about the authenticity of your poster at all...
    there's not really a counterfeit issue with PJ posters,
    a few isolated incidents...
    but I've heard these have been easy to spot!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Looks great though! All the colors match up nicely & it gives it a little bit of a shadowbox/3D effect. Pulls your eyes into the artwork.
  • Options
    derbydave said:

You didn't go overboard at all...
    THAT looks INCREDIBLE!!
    PERFECT matte choices buddy :plus_one:
    I wouldn't worry about the authenticity of your poster at all...
    there's not really a counterfeit issue with PJ posters,
    a few isolated incidents...
    but I've heard these have been easy to spot!!

Thanks man!!! I really appreciate it and think you're right not to worry about the PJ fakes. I heard the same thing that the fakes are usually obvious. I think I get anxious because it was my first PJ show--ten club 8th row! back before they did the GA Pit; I am one of the dumbos who didn't renew membership and lost an extremely low number--and had been looking for the poster forever.
  • Options

I'm guessing it's legit, Pittsburgh 98 would be a random one to bootleg. Are bootleg posters even a thing?

Isn't bootleg copying a crime
  • Options

Looks great though! All the colors match up nicely & it gives it a little bit of a shadowbox/3D effect. Pulls your eyes into the artwork.

Thanks a lot, man! I think I like Pittsburgh and Vancouver the best out of the Yield Tour posters. I'm biased toward the former only because I was at the show and have always lived in rust belt, blue collar towns.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    mwelchons said:

mrussel1 said:

mwelchons said:

Lighten up, Francis.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mwelchons said:

mrussel1 said:

mwelchons said:

Lighten up, Francis.

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I have a real Pitt and the image is sharp just like the one you have.