EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2017 EUROPEAN TOUR DATES

Comments

• kevtic said:

JimmyV said:

Id be willing to bet the increase price is partially due to beefed up security

Why would the security be beefed up?
    We are in exactly the same climate as we were 5 years ago.
    I would imagine security is being beefed up following the Paris/Eagles of Death Metal attack.
    JimmyV said:

I would imagine security is being beefed up following the Paris/Eagles of Death Metal attack.
    I go to a lot of football (soccer) matches and concerts in London and i've noticed zero difference in security at either since Paris.
    I can't imagine thats the reason the ticket price has gone up.
    Just cause you didn't notice it doesn't mean it wasn't there... and do they have soccer matches in small theaters? I'm not siding with the price increase necessarily but the PJ camp have been HARD FUCKING CORE about the safety since Roskilde (not to say they weren't before) and it would surprise me if Paris wasn't at least in the back of their minds. If you'd rather just be pissed off about it then go right ahead I really don't care. We'll probably never really know why.

Oh and yes. The climate has changed.
    You obviously don't remember the bomb outside the football stadium in France the same night as the bataclan attacks. Thats why I bought it up. It was a target.

You are right we won't ever know, but I know what i see with my own eyes regarding security at gigs in London and football matches and there is no discernible difference post Paris.
    For your average run of the mill gigs I've not seen any increase in security and it is as lax as it has always been.

Stadium shows I've seen an increase in police presence at some shows but still fairly low key. No searches at gates etc. Anyone wired up could gain access to a gig no problem.

Lets be honest it would be easy to commit an act like the Bataclan any night of the week in almost any town across the Uk and probably most of europe.
    I saw a police presence rise at Tottenham home games for about a month after the Paris attacks and then back to normal.
    It would be very easy to do a similar attack anywhere again, I agree.

The idea that increased security is the reason EV or his promoter has got greedy is pretty laughable.
    There will certainly be an increased police presence at the Lane this Sunday lol. COYS

kevtic said:

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

I go to a lot of football (soccer) matches and concerts in London and i've noticed zero difference in security at either since Paris.
    I can't imagine thats the reason the ticket price has gone up.
    Just cause you didn't notice it doesn't mean it wasn't there... and do they have soccer matches in small theaters? I'm not siding with the price increase necessarily but the PJ camp have been HARD FUCKING CORE about the safety since Roskilde (not to say they weren't before) and it would surprise me if Paris wasn't at least in the back of their minds. If you'd rather just be pissed off about it then go right ahead I really don't care. We'll probably never really know why.

Oh and yes. The climate has changed.
    You obviously don't remember the bomb outside the football stadium in France the same night as the bataclan attacks. Thats why I bought it up. It was a target.

You are right we won't ever know, but I know what i see with my own eyes regarding security at gigs in London and football matches and there is no discernible difference post Paris.
    For your average run of the mill gigs I've not seen any increase in security and it is as lax as it has always been.

Stadium shows I've seen an increase in police presence at some shows but still fairly low key. No searches at gates etc. Anyone wired up could gain access to a gig no problem.

Lets be honest it would be easy to commit an act like the Bataclan any night of the week in almost any town across the Uk and probably most of europe.
    I saw a police presence rise at Tottenham home games for about a month after the Paris attacks and then back to normal.
    It would be very easy to do a similar attack anywhere again, I agree.

The idea that increased security is the reason EV or his promoter has got greedy is pretty laughable.
    There will certainly be an increased police presence at the Lane this Sunday lol. COYS
    Are you going?
    It's going to be carnage, I can't wait hahah
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Ron The ShelfRon The Shelf London Posts: 80
    No. Flying back from Thailand on Sunday so won't even know the score until I land. It.will be like the recent Wet Spam game x 100 lol. Nothing wrong.with an occasional bit of carnage. Takes me back to my youth
    London Wembley Arena - Oct 28, 1996; Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 04, 2000; ; ; Cardiff Arena - Jun 06, 2000; Seattle Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002; ; London Astoria - Apr 20, 2006; Portland Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall - Jul 20, 2006; Berlin Wuhlheide - Sep 23, 2006; London Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007; London Shepherd's Bush Empire - Aug 11, 2009; Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009; London O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009; London Hyde Park - June 25, 2010; Berlin Wulheide - June 30, 2010; Alpine Valley PJ20 East Troy - Sep 03, 2011; Alpine Valley PJ20 East Troy - Sep 04, 2011; Berlin O2 Arena - July 04, 2012; Barclays Center, Brooklyn - October 18, 2013; Barclays Center, Brooklyn - October 19, 2013; San Siro, Milan - June 20, 2014; Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014; Central Park, New York - September 26, 2015; Maracana, Rio de Janeiro -November 22, 2015
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684

So is the cork show - GA?

Mostly tiered seating with about 1300 standing
    Kearnsy
  • rock4everrock4ever Posts: 236

No. Flying back from Thailand on Sunday so won't even know the score until I land. It.will be like the recent Wet Spam game x 100 lol. Nothing wrong.with an occasional bit of carnage. Takes me back to my youth

ah the good old days Villa Youth
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Kearn5y said:

And its the same place that PJ played in 09?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Kearn5y said:

You are thinking of dublin 2010 (was the o2 back then). Cork venue is a big tent. Last time PJ played cork was 1996 in a cow shed (thats how some people describe it).
    Kearnsy
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Kearn5y said:

Kearn5y said:

You are thinking of dublin 2010 (was the o2 back then). Cork venue is a big tent. Last time PJ played cork was 1996 in a cow shed (thats how some people describe it).
    Yes sorry. 2010 and Dublin. But its is the 02 but rebranded he's playing at? Seems a bit big, will he have a full band for that show? haha.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    rock4ever said:

ah the good old days Villa Youth
    More worried in those days about the zulus to be honest lol
    London Wembley Arena - Oct 28, 1996; Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 04, 2000; ; ; Cardiff Arena - Jun 06, 2000; Seattle Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002; ; London Astoria - Apr 20, 2006; Portland Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall - Jul 20, 2006; Berlin Wuhlheide - Sep 23, 2006; London Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007; London Shepherd's Bush Empire - Aug 11, 2009; Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009; London O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009; London Hyde Park - June 25, 2010; Berlin Wulheide - June 30, 2010; Alpine Valley PJ20 East Troy - Sep 03, 2011; Alpine Valley PJ20 East Troy - Sep 04, 2011; Berlin O2 Arena - July 04, 2012; Barclays Center, Brooklyn - October 18, 2013; Barclays Center, Brooklyn - October 19, 2013; San Siro, Milan - June 20, 2014; Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014; Central Park, New York - September 26, 2015; Maracana, Rio de Janeiro -November 22, 2015
  • No. Flying back from Thailand on Sunday so won't even know the score until I land. It.will be like the recent Wet Spam game x 100 lol. Nothing wrong.with an occasional bit of carnage. Takes me back to my youth

Ah fair enough. I'd say of recent memory the Arsenal games have had a bit more fire to them than West Ham. last 2 WH games at home they have slunked off down the high road early.

I'll be up there early doors, should be very interesting to say the least.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
    I go all the time but bad planning around this one. I go all the way back to bozing day 77 lol. Wonder what all our American friends make of.this conversation lok. Anyway back.to the.original topic it is a dilemma whether to apply.for tickets at that price. Goes against so many principles. From The Clash putting me.on the guest.list.in the early. 80's and providing cans of warm lager to £100 for a.gig.ticket. madness.
  • I go all the time but bad planning around this one. I go all the way back to bozing day 77 lol. Wonder what all our American friends make of.this conversation lok. Anyway back.to the.original topic it is a dilemma whether to apply.for tickets at that price. Goes against so many principles. From The Clash putting me.on the guest.list.in the early. 80's and providing cans of warm lager to £100 for a.gig.ticket. madness.

I've heard all about boxing day 77 hahahaha
    I'm in my thirties so much too young for that.

Where do you drink in Tottenham? I'm always at 2 Brewers
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2

I go all the time but bad planning around this one. I go all the way back to bozing day 77 lol. Wonder what all our American friends make of.this conversation lok. Anyway back.to the.original topic it is a dilemma whether to apply.for tickets at that price. Goes against so many principles. From The Clash putting me.on the guest.list.in the early. 80's and providing cans of warm lager to £100 for a.gig.ticket. madness.

I've heard all about boxing day 77 hahahaha
    I'm in my thirties so much too young for that.

Where do you drink in Tottenham? I'm always at 2 Brewers
    Normally.the Bricklayers. Maybe a beer before a game some time? We can bore everyone talking about Pearl Jam lol
  • kevtickevtic Posts: 133

Kearn5y said:

Kearn5y said:

Yes sorry. 2010 and Dublin. But its is the 02 but rebranded he's playing at? Seems a bit big, will he have a full band for that show? haha.
    For us older folks it is known as the Point.
    kevtic said:

Kearn5y said:

Kearn5y said:

For us older folks it is known as the Point.
    Only got used to calling it the o2 and then they changed it to the Three
    Kearnsy
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    looks like there are some shows still at 99% if it stays that way at the close of the draw does that mean there may be 10C tickets unallocated ?

Would they do another draw or would these be returned to the general sale ? Cant remember this happening for PJ shows but that will be because members can win multiple PJ shows but only 1 this time for EV,
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    They'll probably be put back in the general ticket pool
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited March 2017
    JojoRice said:

If I knew that they would pick the best seats for 10club out of the allocated ones and throw the worse seats back in the pool I would go with level 2 pricing without hesitating for Taormina.
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    PJNB said:

JojoRice said:

If I knew that they would pick the best seats for 10club out of the allocated ones and throw the worse seats back in the pool I would go with level 2 pricing without hesitating for Taormina.
    seems a shame, i get why ist 1 pair per person to give everyone a chance but for shows with not enough demand it would have been good to allocate a second show, probably makes the draw too complex but
  • tkiggstkiggs Posts: 46
    Reading this thread about high prices. Isn't Eddie playing a double bill with Glen Hansard? Maybe you don't like Glen, but they probably split the money.
    painted moon

• PearlbrenPearlbren Posts: 11
    Where can you find the score percentages to see how many chances you have of winning tickets?? I cannot seem to find it anywhere
    Pearlbren said:

Where can you find the score percentages to see how many chances you have of winning tickets?? I cannot seem to find it anywhere

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/tickets/upcoming-shows

It should have a ticket odds link in the top right of that page in gold. Not sure if it is the same on mobile
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    edited March 2017
    London both under 50% now. However, if it's not a weighted calculation based on priority and you put in for both nights you'd have a 75% chance of pulling out either night one or night two (if my maths add up!).
    Post edited by tino_11 on
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
    edited March 2017
    tino_11 said:

London both under 50% now. Hope it's not a weighted calculation based on priority. Meaning that if you put in for both nights you'd have a 75% chance of pulling out either night one or night two.

Hard to say since you can not say who put in for both nights. If everyone put in for both nights you have a 100% chance of winning one of the shows if they are both at 50%.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    there is a change at taormina levels...now level 2 became level 3 in 10c tickets
    seems they dont have in level 2 was in the beggining,but level 3 ..
    i dont care..and ill not change anything..this ticket i can afford for this tour.,i just want to be in the venue
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 235
    PJNB said:

Micheyb21 said:

ok - blonde moment - why can i not see the tour odds since I made my selection - i thought on the previous tours you could still see them right up to closing time. Or am i imagining things haha

On that link there is a link to ticket odds in the top right corner.
    Thank you :)
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    PJNB said:

tino_11 said:

London both under 50% now. Hope it's not a weighted calculation based on priority. Meaning that if you put in for both nights you'd have a 75% chance of pulling out either night one or night two.

Hard to say since you can not say who put in for both nights. If everyone put in for both nights you have a 100% chance of winning one of the shows if they are both at 50%.
    very true, and i was never very good at maths, haha!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • spmonkayspmonkay Posts: 27
    Wow!!! Im absolutely gutted!! Horrified!! Saddened!! Disappointed!! Ive been a fan of PJ since day 1. I have a family now like most of us probably. I cannot even start to think about spending that much!! I feel pretty disappointed that Ed thinks its ok to charge this much. This is someone who with the other members of the band fought hard against ticketmaster for fair pricing for fans! Kinda feeling like he's being a tad hypocritical with these ticket prices. I get that he has a family to support, staffs wages etc.... but come on........ £100 a ticket to see him in the UK!!! Not pearl jam!! Him and his uke!! Disgusting!! Absolutely gutted!!! :anguished::angry::bawling:
    PJNB said:

Pearlbren said:

It should have a ticket odds link in the top right of that page in gold. Not sure if it is the same on mobile
    Thank you! Found it!
    Noticed they changed the seating in Sicily from Level 2 in level 3. Can someone explain where level 1 seats are and where level 3 seats are??
  • karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806
    spmonkay said:

Wow!!! Im absolutely gutted!! Horrified!! Saddened!! Disappointed!! Ive been a fan of PJ since day 1. I have a family now like most of us probably. I cannot even start to think about spending that much!! I feel pretty disappointed that Ed thinks its ok to charge this much. This is someone who with the other members of the band fought hard against ticketmaster for fair pricing for fans! Kinda feeling like he's being a tad hypocritical with these ticket prices. I get that he has a family to support, staffs wages etc.... but come on........ £100 a ticket to see him in the UK!!! Not pearl jam!! Him and his uke!! Disgusting!! Absolutely gutted!!! :anguished::angry::bawling:

I feel the same way. 100 euro's is something I might consider, but the lotery is out of the question.
    300 dollar is almost tripple what the normal price is. I might try and get a ticket for one show. I will deffinately not be going to both Amsterdam shows. One of the perks of being a ten club member is that you have a better chance of getting tickets. Well not for this price.
    I can´t even go on vacation this year. I´d love to go, but saving some money to make sure my daughter has what she needs is more important. A tad hypocritical as you put it,.. I feel that is being kind. I guess it was Jeff and Stone who wanted to keep the ticket prices low so the fans could go see them. Now it seems it wasn´t Eddie. Not quite sure what to make of all the banter during shows now. Should I take that with a grain of sault. Perhaps I shouldn´t even try to get tickets in the regular sale. Absolutely gutted!! Horrified!! Saddened!! Disappointed!! yes that is how I feel.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn