We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    PJ Euro 2017 in September, please, please, please.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • monkeyphoenixmonkeyphoenix London Posts: 27
    raindog80 said:

PJ Euro 2017 in September, please, please, please.

That's what I'm hoping for! Or any time this year. The Euro rumours seem to have completely stopped (despite a previous poster saying they had inside knowledge of it being 100% booked). But fingers still crossed!
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Im starting to the think that they might announce a tour leading up to the hall of fame induction.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • HollandHolland Posts: 73
    My guess is this is what has happened and is going to happen. They planned on a 2017 summer Euro tour that has fallen through for whatever reason. They also have planned and are still planning a west coast NA tour but are waiting on the NBA and NHL 2017-2018 schedules to be made up before they can do so. This usually happens in May/June. My guess is we will not see anything like we did last year on the holds of venues due to the teams having first dibs on dates over concerts.

• JRDAY89JRDAY89 Oklahoma City Posts: 126
    Holland said:

My guess is this is what has happened and is going to happen. They planned on a 2017 summer Euro tour that has fallen through for whatever reason. They also have planned and are still planning a west coast NA tour but are waiting on the NBA and NHL 2017-2018 schedules to be made up before they can do so. This usually happens in May/June. My guess is we will not see anything like we did last year on the holds of venues due to the teams having first dibs on dates over concerts.

NHL announces their schedule in late June. NBA in August. Really hope we don't have to wait that long to find out about a potential fall tour.
    2013: Oklahoma City
    2014: St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln, Denver
    2016: MSG I, MSG II
    2018: Wrigley I, Wrigley II
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JRDAY89 said:

Holland said:

NHL announces their schedule in late June. NBA in August. Really hope we don't have to wait that long to find out about a potential fall tour.
    The public announcement is different than when the teams and venues know them.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    I see there is a new FB post claiming new album in spring 2017 and worldwide tour end of 2018?
    "Straight from Eddie's mouth"...
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    Jbarker said:

I see there is a new FB post claiming new album in spring 2017 and worldwide tour end of 2018?
    "Straight from Eddie's mouth"...

I find it hard to believe they would wait a year & a half to tour after releasing a new album.
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,012
    JRDAY89 said:

Holland said:

This has nothing to do with how shows and tours are announced. Look at any arena in North America, there's often shows announced 6-12 months in advance, often prior to hockey and basketball schedules getting announced.

With all Pearl Jam tours over the past decade, there are usually 3-4 months of rumors prior to the tour announcement once they start putting holds on venues. There isn't going to be a surprise announcement, there will be many leaks and rumors before it is announced. Until that starts, there isn't much point in checking this thread unless you want to read, "I really hope Pearl Jam plays ______ city".
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
    Ryan said:

JRDAY89 said:

Holland said:

This has nothing to do with how shows and tours are announced. Look at any arena in North America, there's often shows announced 6-12 months in advance, often prior to hockey and basketball schedules getting announced.

With all Pearl Jam tours over the past decade, there are usually 3-4 months of rumors prior to the tour announcement once they start putting holds on venues. There isn't going to be a surprise announcement, there will be many leaks and rumors before it is announced. Until that starts, there isn't much point in checking this thread unless you want to read, "I really hope Pearl Jam plays ______ city".
    There are no shows booked at any arena until the schedule is made up for its existing sports teams. Check any major arena right now and there is nothing from September on. The times that this does happen is when they announce a tour in May/June and they have a whole year of sport teams scheduling to work around. There is no way the NHL and the NBA are going to work around concerts to book their schedule as they come first.
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• That's what I'm wondering. Not seeing this anywhere else.......
    Two things. They are obviously not touring South America right now so is this from 2015? Also there is no way are they coming out with an album in a couple of months and then touring a year and a half later. That would be ridiculous.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    The part that says they are touring South America is where I stopped reading. It lost all credibility at that point.
  • Gotcha thanks for clearing that up. I don't keep up with where they are all the time.
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    garbage news
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    What a joke article
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    time to book a trip to South America!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    If they were on the verge of dropping a new album, maybe we'd get a late fall Western USA tour? It does seem unlikely that there's a spring/summer tour at this point. There's zero rumors and now is the time you'd be hearing them. If they were doing a late fall/winter tour like Nov/Dec it could be a while before we heard anything. As people mentioned they need to work around sports schedules. I imagine the dates for sport teams are ironed out before they go public (so maybe it's something the bands management has access to a bit before the public), but I imagine it's a few months out from when we'd hear anything about a potential late fall tour.
    edited January 2017
    Zod said:

If they were on the verge of dropping a new album, maybe we'd get a late fall Western USA tour? It does seem unlikely that there's a spring/summer tour at this point. There's zero rumors and now is the time you'd be hearing them. If they were doing a late fall/winter tour like Nov/Dec it could be a while before we heard anything. As people mentioned they need to work around sports schedules. I imagine the dates for sport teams are ironed out before they go public (so maybe it's something the bands management has access to a bit before the public), but I imagine it's a few months out from when we'd hear anything about a potential late fall tour.

I agree. Pearl Jam announced their fall 2014 tour on May 21st and they announced their fall 2013 tour on July 8th. If they are touring late this year we will not find out until at least May and part of that is because of the arena schedule.
    Post edited by Holland on
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    bbiggs said:

The part that says they are touring South America is where I stopped reading. It lost all credibility at that point.

I hear ya! I stopped reading at Grunge super group.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    PJ tour schedules have always made me scratch my head....To me it is 100% logical for them to go to the West Coast this year. How do you tour 1/2 the country and then just stop??? LOL......
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Dellis3290Dellis3290 Charlotte, NC Posts: 64
    edited January 2017
    NBA teams are required to tell the league office of 50 dates in which their home court will be available. The deadline to do this varies slightly from year to year but typically it's about 1 month before the close of the regular season which is Mid-April. I'm thinking we might hear something around early April. Hope this helps!
    Post edited by Dellis3290 on

Charlotte 2013
    Raleigh 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Chicago #1 2016
    Chicago #2 2016
    Seattle #1 2018
    Seattle #2 2018

NBA teams are required to tell the league office of 50 dates in which their home court will be available. The deadline to do this varies slightly from year to year but typically it's about 1 month before the close of the regular season which is Mid-April. I'm thinking we might hear something around early April. Hope this helps!

Helps a lot! Hope you are right though April is so far away...
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    How long before they play the mid west/southeast of US again?
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    joseph33 said:

How long before they play the mid west/southeast of US again?

I cant speak for the mid west but regarding the SE, they blew my expectations out of the water last year. W my 23 years in fan club I really wondered if the southeast would get any traditional shows but they covered it pretty well w 4 FL shows, and 2 SC shows and one cancelled NC show. Bonnaroo got in the way of an Atl and Nash show but if u look at the years before, it was a great deal of shows. Of course we always want more ;)
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    SO its definitely not looking good for us over here then......... Gutted.
    I personally always hope for a pearl jam headline slot at Glastonbury but that not going to happen this year anyway and as there is no Glastonbury next year when it looks like pearl jam might tour so it looks like I'll be waiting a long time for this to happen.. Maybe it will never happen lol but it would be great to see them over here..
    Happy Sunday all
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    Exactly three years since they were in Australia for the Big Day Out festival shows followed by an EV solo tour in February. Eddie said he wouldn't be back until he had some new music, so I guess this year is out.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    3 years? Time flies!