Options

Only 2 Drummers Get In? RnRHOF. Merged

Comments

• Options

yeh i know where it's from. just not sure how it fits in...

Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419

Do you know anything about this drummer guy? Maybe he's been waiting to get in the hall of fame a really long time and he's really depressed because he's got no gigs and no woman and he's parking cars for a living.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    Doesn't Dave have an outstanding warrant from Texas? If so, with all the publicity surrounding the induction if Dave were somehow included and planned on attending wouldn't someone from Texas law enforcement reach out to someone from NYC law enforcement and arrange for Dave's arrest and extradition? Hypothetically couldn't Dave be strolling into the venue only to be arrested and miss out on joining the band thereby defeating the entire purpose of this PR endeavor?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,438
    100 Pacer said:

Doesn't Dave have an outstanding warrant from Texas? If so, with all the publicity surrounding the induction if Dave were somehow included and planned on attending wouldn't someone from Texas law enforcement reach out to someone from NYC law enforcement and arrange for Dave's arrest and extradition? Hypothetically couldn't Dave be strolling into the venue only to be arrested and miss out on joining the band thereby defeating the entire purpose of this PR endeavor?

You're going to get this thread locked. That's probably not a bad thing though.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    100 Pacer said:

I doubt he still does. I know at one point he was in some trouble. But over the last few months a friend of mine that knows him has been sharing a lot of his posts. Especially with all the RRHOF bullshit. Looks like he's been in the studio recording new music quite a bit lately, and not staying hidden, so if he were on the run they'd have no problem finding him.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    It's also likely, that it's not a serious enough charge to warrant extradition beyond a certain mile limit.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    twenty pages over something the band has NO control over?
    fucking bush league amatuer bull shit. Who gives a fuck? Drummers are expendable, MC could leave today and they could get some kid from Akron to play and you would barely notice a difference.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,558
    How does his life change from being in the HoF? Or any of their lives? Who cares? It's a bullshit organization with some good musicians and a bunch of shitty ones.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

fucking bush league amatuer bull shit. Who gives a fuck? Drummers are expendable, MC could leave today and they could get some kid from Akron to play and you would barely notice a difference.

:how_interesting:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

It's just a discussion. If you just want someone who can hit their notes and play their part, the whole band is expendable; even lead singers it seems.

And yes, you'd notice. If you actually listen to the music, each musician brings out their skills differently when they play. More over, band dynamics play a major role in sound, attitude and longevity. At this point in their career, I don't think Pearl Jam will exist if they lose a core member. They respect each other and recognize their individual part in making the band fire on all cylinders.
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    tbergs said:

It's just a discussion. If you just want someone who can hit their notes and play their part, the whole band is expendable; even lead singers it seems.

And yes, you'd notice. If you actually listen to the music, each musician brings out their skills differently when they play. More over, band dynamics play a major role in sound, attitude and longevity. At this point in their career, I don't think Pearl Jam will exist if they lose a core member. They respect each other and recognize their individual part in making the band fire on all cylinders.
    I disagree. Matt Cameron could leave and they would still be Pearl Jam. Any of the other 4, no, that would be a different band. Pearl Jam isn't dependent on their drummers, unlike The Who or Led Zeppelin. In Pearl Jam the drummer is expendable.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options

tbergs said:

I disagree. Matt Cameron could leave and they would still be Pearl Jam. Any of the other 4, no, that would be a different band. Pearl Jam isn't dependent on their drummers, unlike The Who or Led Zeppelin. In Pearl Jam the drummer is expendable.
    the lead singer of the band disagrees with you. I'll take his word over yours.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

tbergs said:

Pearl Jam the studio album band, sure. Plug someone in to play whatever you need if you just want to make music. Pearl Jam the electric, enduring and powerful live concert experience that you can hear and feel; irreplaceable. I think Pearl Jam is more dependent on a drummer, or any current member for that matter, than the majority of music acts past or present.
  • Options
    Dave is such a loser. He just keeps confirming that over and over and over,
  • Options

wow. a bit harsh.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

:lol:

i hope he keeps going. and it garners enough attention to the point that someone wants to sign him to a book deal so he can spill the beans on his firing. fuck it, i am surprised he hasn't already gone full savage yet. maybe in the coming months. :fingers crossed:
  • Options
    rival. said:

:lol:

i hope he keeps going. and it garners enough attention to the point that someone wants to sign him to a book deal so he can spill the beans on his firing. fuck it, i am surprised he hasn't already gone full savage yet. maybe in the coming months. :fingers crossed:
    Seriously? Did you miss your new Kardashians episode? Good grief.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i DID! did you happen to see it? fill me in, avoid spoilers if possible!
  • Options
    rival. said:

i DID! did you happen to see it? fill me in, avoid spoilers if possible!

Haha
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Do you know anything about this drummer guy? Maybe he's been waiting to get in the hall of fame a really long time and he's really depressed because he's got no gigs and no woman and he's parking cars for a living.
    more than most on this forum.

this thread is a pile of shit. over and out.

Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options

on2legs said:

more than most on this forum.

this thread is a pile of shit. over and out.

Apparently you don't know Seinfeld as well as you claim to know.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    These pretzels...are making me THIRSTY
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425

To all of you:
    I saw that my friend, Joe Gastwirt posted the following;
    "Leaving Dave Abbruzzese out of this award, discredits every member of Pearl Jam that receives it, as well as every other artist that has received an award from the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame."
    This tops the heap of countless heartfelt reminders of moments, well wishes, and folks showing me some serious love and consideration.
    The outpouring of support and the show of appreciation that has been given to me from friends, fans and my peers has been just tremendous. ...overwhelming even.
    I do agree with Joe's post.
    Pearl Jam has always seemingly had a perceived level of integrity and has been known to stand their ground & fight the good fight, but it seems the allure of being given this trophy is just to important for them to take a stand.
    I want to let you all know that ultimately, it's gonna be okay.
    . We still have the music and no amount of corporate conglomerate or ticky-tack bullshit can keep us from enjoying the power of the music we love. The fact that we find ourselves fighting for the integrity of the validity of a segment of Pearl Jam history to be acknowledged is straight up beautiful. The reason we have to is what the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is supposed to have been built to celebrate; The love of the music.
    I have always thought that every award given to a band that celebrates the bands lifetime achievements should be awarded to every person that was ever a debt incurring, life sacrificing, blood spilling, member of that band. Maybe the Hall should reevaluate the need to put all the monkeys in the same cage in order to boost revenue, and instead let the history of the band be fully and completely represented as they were and as they are. ...leave it up to the group to show their true colors as they celebrate their own history in a manner of their choosing.
    I don't know. But whoever is ultimately responsible for the decision that deemed my work with Pearl Jam as an effort that was not important enough to grant me induction knows nothing of what we accomplished, and I am personally at a loss for words for how Stone, Mike, Jeff, Matt, Edward and Kelly Curtis are accepting of such an injustice.
    I will admit to wanting to look out over my drum kit at the faces of Jeff, Stone, Mike and Eddie. Looking to my left at my drum tech, the mainest of mellow, Mr. Jimmy Shoaf and seeing him give me that look that dares me to destroy my cymbals and kick the songs ass, the bands ass and the crowds ass... The idea of counting it off and giving the band, the music & the people all that I have to give, as I always have without compromise or hesitation... The sound of the people singing along... Making eye contact with the person air drumming their ass off right before the big drum fill, so we can do it together...
    I loved it.
    I loved it every single time.
    If you were there, then you know what this band Pearl Jam was like when it had something to prove. Well, we proved it every single time.
    Show after show.
    I was there and I am still proud to be a part of what Pearl Jam was. My point in all of this is to share the fact that what Pearl Jam once was, is what is still, and will always be Pearl Jam.
    I know things are tough. We need music, each other and the spirit of Rock & Roll now, more than ever before.
    Thanks for everything, everyone. I for one have not and will not ever forget the incredible power of the times we shared together.
    Be all.
    David Abbruzzese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMC0ix8IW54

thanks Dave. Glad to see someone, even it's a past member, with some fire. The band needs you back. Fuck the Hall
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    edited December 2016
    What if the RnR HoF would decide what albums are worthy to be inducted too... "Pearl Jam will be inducted based off of Ten and VS. Vitalogy had to much weird shit on it and then we didn't like anything they put out until their return to form with Avocado. We're also including Into The Wild because Eddie Vedder is the only member we recognize from the band. We really like that Olé-song they played on Fallon too but can't seem to find the album it's featured on"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The Hall is sham. None of us should be excited by this.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

Lloyd Dobler is in the fan club?

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything that has to do with the hall of fame. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed that has to do with the hall of fame. You know, as a career, I don't want anything to do with the hall of fame."

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,172
    vaggar99 said:

Tell that to Eddie (4 induction speeches).

DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options

vaggar99 said:

yeah, i know. no comment. i don't want to get banned (yet).
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

You don't like that the band hasn't responded about Trump. You think that a total lunatic like Dave is in the right for "showing some fire". You have issues with Ed inducting orhers.

Why exactly are you here? You seem insanely stuck in the past and the ideals that the band had over 20 years ago. Times change man. Except for people like Dave and yourself. These aren't the same pissed off dudes from their twenties.
  • Options

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

You don't like that the band hasn't responded about Trump. You think that a total lunatic like Dave is in the right for "showing some fire". You have issues with Ed inducting orhers.

Why exactly are you here? You seem insanely stuck in the past and the ideals that the band had over 20 years ago. Times change man. Except for people like Dave and yourself. These aren't the same pissed off dudes from their twenties.
    integrity.
This discussion has been closed.