We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• RyanRyan Posts: 1,012
    edited December 2016
    jmug23 said:

I don't post here often, but I thought I'd share some inside info. Maybe it has already been posted on here, but I don't feel like reading through entire thread. They will be touring in 2017 in Europe. Not sure dates yet. I believe it's summer based on what I was told. A friend of mine is directly connected to the band and told me way early of the east coast tour that happened earlier this year. I didn't ask which countries or exact dates. I didn't want to over step my bounds. Anyway, they will be playing Europe for sure. If i hear about U.S tour, I will relay that as well. Thanks.

Based on people's conversations with Tim Bierman and Jeff Ament during the TOTD in November, Europe was on, but now off, again. As of a couple weeks ago PJ was focusing on studio time early in the new year, zero tour plans. This of course could change, but I suspect your Euro info was from before, as Europe summer 2017 was heavily rumored earlier this fall.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    jmug23 said:

I don't post here often, but I thought I'd share some inside info. Maybe it has already been posted on here, but I don't feel like reading through entire thread. They will be touring in 2017 in Europe. Not sure dates yet. I believe it's summer based on what I was told. A friend of mine is directly connected to the band and told me way early of the east coast tour that happened earlier this year. I didn't ask which countries or exact dates. I didn't want to over step my bounds. Anyway, they will be playing Europe for sure. If i hear about U.S tour, I will relay that as well. Thanks.

Wow awesome! Thanks
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    RRHOF induction is April...

So there is that
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Tour info was relayed to me today. Again, my buddy is directly tied to the band. I won't mention how, but he is. Not trying to be that guy who has inside info, just trying to relay what I know. My buddy has been 100% on before.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    jmug23 said:

Tour info was relayed to me today. Again, my buddy is directly tied to the band. I won't mention how, but he is. Not trying to be that guy who has inside info, just trying to relay what I know. My buddy has been 100% on before.

That is good news. Bad news for pocketbook.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Gonna see my friend(s) in Ireland!!!

jmug23 said:

Yep. Just asked my wife what the odds were of flying to Europe next summer to see PJ. She gave me the look:)
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    jmug23 said:

jmug23 said:

Yep. Just asked my wife what the odds were of flying to Europe next summer to see PJ. She gave me the look:)
    Did you approach it as a Europe trip and not reference Pearl Jam? Would that have made a difference?

People might think it is odd to go see Pearl Jam in europe but is 95% the same as any vacation people take to Europe.
  • jmug23 said:

WooHoo!!! Honeymoon in Europe I guess it'll be. Thank God my soon to be wife loves PJ and this will be an easy sell.
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Ryan said:

jmug23 said:

Based on people's conversations with Tim Bierman and Jeff Ament during the TOTD in November, Europe was on, but now off, again. As of a couple weeks ago PJ was focusing on studio time early in the new year, zero tour plans. This of course could change, but I suspect your Euro info was from before, as Europe summer 2017 was heavily rumored earlier this fall.
    Nice, ideally, I'd love for them to spend the first few months of 2017 in the studio recording then debut some of their new material in Europe. NEED new music.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    jmug23 said:

That's some good news. I suppose that we will know for sure in a couple of weeks.
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    deftones said:

jmug23 said:

That's some good news. I suppose that we will know for sure in a couple of weeks.
    Amen and where the fuck are you???
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    jmug23 said:

jmug23 said:

Which countries? What month?
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    23scidoo said:

deftones said:

jmug23 said:

Amen and where the fuck are you???
    Don't hijack the thread!
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    my2hands said:

So there is that

So the RRHOF concert this year is at the Barclays in Brooklyn? Is this correct? I thought they did the show in Cleveland?
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    jmug23 said:

Please let this be true. I'd take just one show anywhere in Europe at this stage!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam

my2hands said:

So there is that

So the RRHOF concert this year is at the Barclays in Brooklyn? Is this correct? I thought they did the show in Cleveland?
    RRHOF induction is @ Barclays in April... don't think a date has been announced... it's been in NYC for a while now I think

I think it would be cool if PJ played a show in Cleveland to celebrate... make it a one-off show the next Saturday and make it 10c only...

We would fill the arena no problem
    CopperTom said:

jmug23 said:

jmug23 said:

Which countries? What month?
    I didnt ask countries or even months. Sorry, just didn't want to over step my boundaries. I did get the impression it was summer time though. I'll see him again next weekend, so I'll post what I hear.
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

So there is that

RRHOF induction is @ Barclays in April... don't think a date has been announced... it's been in NYC for a while now I think

I think it would be cool if PJ played a show in Cleveland to celebrate... make it a one-off show the next Saturday and make it 10c only...

Any idea what ticket prices have been in the past? I think the date is 4/8.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

So there is that

Any idea what ticket prices have been in the past? I think the date is 4/8.
    last year's weren't terrible but on the expensive side...$70-$100 for mid-upper bowl.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Think about which festival they might be playing
    A lot of their shows these days are planned around festival gigs
  • Currently drunk and listening to Vs. It's been 2 1/2 years since my last show and I actually NEED a European show. I'd even take a festival show right now, I just need that fix!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited December 2016
    Hate feeling entitled to get info early but man would I love to know what dates are coming by the time January rolls around. We pick vacation in January and its almost impossible for me to switch once it is picked.
  • If they could just map out the next 5 years that would be great
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    How about a 10c only theater run
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    my2hands said:

Yes please. Imagine how good those shows would be tho.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

my2hands said:

Wet dreams rarely come true...
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    Getting into the studio can only be a good thing.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14

my2hands said:

Wet dreams rarely come true...
    I think the band is dying to mix it up a little and would love to do a theater/club run.

One day
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Just looking at the tour history can tell us that Europe is almost a given for this summer, and that there will only be a handful of US shows this year
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II