Fake News Writer

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Foreigners influencing our elections, suspected child and drug trafficker

• Options
    edited November 2016
    http://www.businessinsider.com/nbc-criticism-trump-tweet-muslim-registry-reince-2016-11?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=webfeeds

NBC News came under fire Sunday morning for two tweets that removed context from an answer Reince Priebus, President-elect Donald Trump's pick for White House chief of staff, offered on the idea of a Muslim registry.

Priebus appeared "Meet the Press" and was asked by host Chuck Todd whether he could rule out the idea of placing Muslims on a registry.

Here was the exchange:

TODD: Can you equivocally rule out a registry for Muslims?

PRIEBUS: Look, I’m not going to rule out anything. But, we are not going to have a registry based on religion.

https://twitter.com/NBCNewsPR/status/800351772502065152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
  • Options
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    Just keep an open mind JC, it'll click down the road.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i write fake news all day long & in doing so, sometimes i make about $3 or $4 bucks a year
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Sent to the NYT...hilarious!

• Options
    What trump is doing is trying to remove a level of accounability as well as reduce the awareness and information the public will have. Hilarious!
  • Options

What trump is doing is trying to remove a level of accounability as well as reduce the awareness and information the public will have. Hilarious!

How so?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

How so?
    He gathered press and media together in an attempt to demean them and try to put them in their place, which is natural for an authoritarian. Just start connecting the dots: press dodging, mockery, whining like a 12 year old about being treated unfairly, maniulating followers to villainize the press, inability to handle being questioned, a long history of avoiding accountability, a lack of transparency. His nature is to control, so he is going to control the image and the output. What's likely to happen is we'll see a limited and only occasional press pool that follows him. Press access will basically be an extension of what Bannon creates. It'll basically have the look and feel of a propaganda department. They'll be approved people in the bunch that happily reports what is fed to them and only ask softball questions.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

How so?
    He gathered press and media together in an attempt to demean them and try to put them in their place, which is natural for an authoritarian. Just start connecting the dots: press dodging, mockery, whining like a 12 year old about being treated unfairly, maniulating followers to villainize the press, inability to handle being questioned, a long history of avoiding accountability, a lack of transparency. His nature is to control, so he is going to control the image and the output. What's likely to happen is we'll see a limited and only occasional press pool that follows him. Press access will basically be an extension of what Bannon creates. It'll basically have the look and feel of a propaganda department. They'll be approved people in the bunch that happily reports what is fed to them and only ask softball questions.
    I guess only time will tell to see if those things to mention are true.
    Are you saying that the press pools for the last two presidents were not propaganda arms? We had 911, endless wars of choice and the worse financial collapse since the great depression?
    Between fair and accurate and biased and ridiculous...
    How would you rate the reporting of those events leading up to and during versus what we know now?
    How would you rate the press coverage of the primaries and the election?
  • Options
    Time has already given us information, so I'm curious how you digest it up to this point? I guess the old routine answer about that it's the same as it's always been is one way to try and cushion it mentally. If you want to compare it to Obama and Bush jr., then start making point by point comparisons, rather than cherry picking events where the press effed up
  • Options

Time has already given us information, so I'm curious how you digest it up to this point? I guess the old routine answer about that it's the same as it's always been is one way to try and cushion it mentally. If you want to compare it to Obama and Bush jr., then start making point by point comparisons, rather than cherry picking events where the press effed up

I don't think they were honest mistakes or F ups.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

You're almost at troll status of pjfanwillneverleave
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

JC29856 said:

why? ... because he points out what is blatantly obvious!? ... the US is where it's at today because it's been manipulated so ... and the media has been a major factor in this ...
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited November 2016

JC29856 said:

basically what your saying is anyone who disagrees with you is a troll

JC brought up valid points and you say its cherry picking?
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

JC29856 said:

why? ... because he points out what is blatantly obvious!? ... the US is where it's at today because it's been manipulated so ... and the media has been a major factor in this ...
    No. based on your posts you may have been laying low for a bit, but jc is taking on pjfanwillneverleaves style: the nonresponse, cicular logic, the goal post shift, baiting others etc.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options

polaris_x said:

JC29856 said:

No. based on your posts you may have been laying low for a bit, but jc is taking on pjfanwillneverleaves style: the nonresponse, cicular logic, the goal post shift, baiting others etc.
    well ... i don't read everyone's posts so it could be ... didn't really see it in this recent discussion ...
  • Options

polaris_x said:

JC29856 said:

https://youtu.be/petqFm94osQ
  • Options
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    who knows if this is true ... but someone mentioned to me the other factor in this proliferation is that facebook's algorithms target news sites that suit one's profile and therefore bias ... to make sure people continue to want to be on facebook ...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    JC29856 said:

How so?
    When was the last news conference Bafoon has held open to the free press , remember when all you could do was ask when was the last news conference by Clinton ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

JC29856 said:

How so?
    When was the last news conference Bafoon has held open to the free press , remember when all you could do was ask when was the last news conference by Clinton ?
    https://youtu.be/DHckTvgzhQg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

How so?
    https://youtu.be/DHckTvgzhQg
    Yeah ok great ?s asked by the free press which he wants to control !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

polaris_x said:

JC29856 said:

I'm responding now.
    My goal post shifts have been more left of centre to see what others have to say in hate territory. I like to experience liberal thoughts to try and understand what makes them think this way. I've found that the further I travel left the faster I chase my tail.
    Unless of course I start chasing my tail going clockwise first.
    So unless this thread to you is about me, which I assume it might be but nevertheless stick to topic and don't bait others with nonsense.

Is this fake news? - or just another deflated liberal
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XVZzFM5QzY
  • Options

polaris_x said:

JC29856 said:

I'm responding now.
    My goal post shifts have been more left of centre to see what others have to say in hate territory. I like to experience liberal thoughts to try and understand what makes them think this way. I've found that the further I travel left the faster I chase my tail.
    So unless this thread to you is about me, which I assume it might be but nevertheless stick to topic and don't bait others with nonsense.

How exactly is Jon Stewart doing an interview classified as fake news?

Sometimes I really wonder if you believe some of the shit you troll
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    ^^^
    Stewart is like a lost puppy in this interview because he doesn't have his writers anymore to deliver fake news to his audience.
    He is a stumbling fool who can't accept President-elect Trump.
    My point is that Stewart, Colbert, Oliver etc are fake.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515

polaris_x said:

JC29856 said:

I'm responding now.

How exactly is Jon Stewart doing an interview classified as fake news?

Sometimes I really wonder if you believe some of the shit you troll
    Stop wondering. He doesn't.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.