Ear Plugs?

iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
edited October 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
anyone have any recommendation for ear plugs to wear to metal/rock shows that protect your ears but keep the sound sounding good
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Hearos High Fidelity.

Although I'm not sure there's an earplug in the world that will help a metal show sound good.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    If you really want to protect your ears, there are custom-fitted ear plugs for around $110-$150.

http://www.earplugstore.com/jbcuearpl.html
  • I just have the disposable ones that I'm given from work or the ones in my gun bag.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Just got back from my audiologist.......got fitted for hearing aids.......36 years of concert going took it's toll!

Wear you earplugs, kids!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Just got back from my audiologist.......got fitted for hearing aids.......36 years of concert going took it's toll!

Wear you earplugs, kids!

Damn man! Hope they help.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Wear you earplugs, kids!

I've had tinnitus in both ears since PJ MSG in '10, and finally had musician's earplugs made about four years ago. Best $250 I've ever spent. I'll second the Hearos/Etyplugs (I think they're the same product with different branding) if you're in a pinch, but custom-fitted musician's plugs are truly the way to go, both from sound quality and comfort perspectives.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Hearos for me. I keep them clean and they are still as nice now as they were when I bought them seven years ago.

Small financial investment up front is priceless long-term when it comes to taking care of yourself.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Hearos High Fidelity.

Although I'm not sure there's an earplug in the world that will help a metal show sound good.

Lol
    This will only take a while
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I have DownBeats.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1