Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    Cool! Good to see Jim Keltner on drums. I wonder if "Indian Giver" will be on this one?

"recorded at Rick Rubin's Shangri-la Studios" Excellent!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Mitch24Mitch24 Newfoundland Posts: 27
    I keep reading its available for pre order but can't find it anywhere. Anybody know if you can pre order this yet?
    2013 : Worcester 1 & 2
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    All I've seen so far:
    Peace Trail is available to pre-order through Young’s website and online music store, PONOMusic. All pre-orders come with an instant download of the title track. The music will also be available on CD and cassette, and in January a vinyl edition will be released.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    I read it's supposed to be more palatable than the last one, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    Courtesy of Thrasher's Wheat:

Yet another new album coming from Neil Young.

"Peace Trail" is now scheduled for release on December 2. This is Neil's second album release of 2016 and his 38th solo record of his career.

Per Press Release:
    "The album is primarily acoustic and reflects an intimate, sparse approach that draws the listening into the heart of the songs in a personal way. Each song is rich with Young’s typically inviting lyrical expression of his inimitable impassioned and heartfelt life-long humanitarian concerns which remain as topical and timely as ever.

Peace Trail was recorded at Rick Rubin’s Shangri- la Studios and features Young on vocals and guitar, Jim Keltner on drums, and Paul Bushnell on bass. It was produced by Young and John Hanlon, mixed by John Hanlon."

The track-listing for Peace Trail is as follows:

1. Peace Trail
    2. Can’t Stop Workin’
    3. Indian Givers
    4. Show Me
    5. Texas Rangers
    6. Terrorist Suicide Hang Gliders
    7. John Oaks
    8. My Pledge
    9. Glass Accident
    10. My New Robot
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    Apparently the lyrics of "Terrorist Suicide Hang Gliders" have caused a bit of controversy online, with people not realising that it's satirical. Someone wrote an 'Open Letter' to Neil in the comments section of this YouTube video, criticizing what he viewed as anti-Musllim lyrics.

https://youtu.be/XQKjVW2ePGE

Micah from Promise of the Real responded in the comments with:
    "The song is calling out the hypocrisy of the prejudice people here in our country, mainly Trump supporters who can't tell the difference between an innocent Muslim man and a terrorist. The song is a critique of shallow, narrow-minded viewpoints that sadly pervade our culture. The character in the song is not "Neil". Neil is playing a character in the song, representing the racism and fear-based thinking that exists in America today. Neil plays other characters in his songs quite often to paint a picture of an opposing viewpoint while remaining detached from the perspective itself...
    I hope that helps clear things up for you. Neil Young is an artist who has nothing against you or any Muslim people. Neil is one of the most outspoken people I know against people who hate others for reasons they don't understand. This song is intended to call bullshit on ignorant people who blindly follow fear-mongering in the established media, but just like most great art, it can be interpreted subjectively. I just want you to know that hating on Muslims is not Neil's intention -- it is in fact the opposite. Neil loves you and is fighting with you against the contagious disease of hate.
    Cheers,
    ~ Micah"
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Hopefully this is like Silver & Gold, one of my favorite NY albums.
  • Options

Cover shot with a Game Boy Camera :)

Good album.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674

Good album.
    No kidding?! Always wondered how that one was made.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Good album.
    No kidding?! Always wondered how that one was made.
    "The album cover for this album was taken by Neil's daughter Amber on a Nintendo Game Boy camera."

:)

Cool little trivia.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    http://neilyoung.warnerartists.net/uk/

Looks like Neil's keeping things simple these days :)