Options

No Code/Yield vinyl reissues In Shop!

Comments

• Options
    The singles arrived today in the UK. Weirdly they shipped after the lps. Fingers crossed for the next few days.
  • Options
    stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    in toronto, i've only received the singles, in 2 separate shipments. hoping the 2 albums arrive next week. i'm figuring that tenclub separated out the shipments so that we don't get dinged for duty which is greatly appreciated!

Has anyone got it in canada yet?? I guess it takes alot longer then the 10-14 days the email said. HMV has had copies here in St.John's for over a week. I figured mine would be close behind.

• Options
    huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 846
    edited September 2016

So happy right now: Yield finally turned up yesterday here in The Netherlands,great surprise to find it being deluvered when I got home. Listening to it now,sounds great indeed. Can't wait for No Code being delivered as well and Binaural being released!

I was thinking about the release of Binaural yesterday afternoon. It was released on May 16, 2000...so if they are waiting for the 20 year anniversary we have 3 1/2 more years to go before it gets released...on the off chance that I will be living in Canada at that time, I have already pre-pre ordered my copy and plan on receiving it in something less than a year after it is available worldwide. I am also betting that I will come out ahead on the exchange rate, which is something that I never really worry about but I might have to should I be living in Canada in 2020...with this impending and unlikely move in mind, I would like to rank the Provinces to which I will doubtfully move much like we try to rank the albums:

1. Prince Edward Island-It is my ancestral home Province...even though the shipping family moved up there from Massachusetts--probably because they were loyalists...
    2. Yukon-I love their potatoes, relative proximity to Alaska and I want to live in a town called Whitehorse...which is the only city/town there...right?
    3. Nunavut-Because my favorite color is white...
    4. British Colombia-It is the California of Canada. Hip...forward thinking...and kind of like North Korea to the state of Washington-poised to unleash its wrath at any moment.
    5. Ontario-I love Ottawa...it is the first place that I experienced poutine...and the last place that I traveled before requiring a personal cardiologist. They also had a place called the Beer Store...which was fantastic.
    6. Alberta-The skiing is top notch and the people just a step below that...which is still pretty good.
    7. Northwest Territories-In the same vein as wanting to live in a town called Whitehorse, I would love to have my mail arrive in Yellowknife. Seems like both of those cities names should be two words, but in the great Canadian tradition of abhorring the unnecessary use of the space bar, we have them on the map as just one word.
    8. Manitoba and Saskatchewan-Canada's breadbasket. At the risk of pissing folks off from both Provinces, I have lumped them together. While individually alright, they are a powerhouse when put together. Frankly, if they could somehow get the Calgary Rodeo into one of these Provinces, they would move up significantly. Since Alberta isn't letting go of that...well, this is how it falls.
    9. Quebec-I love Quebec and Montreal because it feels like you have really gone somewhere foreign when you visit. It also feels like the French still have a toehold on our continent and may use it as a jumping off point should they decide to attack. Can you love someplace and have great distrust of the same place?
    10. The Atlantic Provinces (aside from PEI)-They are the natural enemies of my ancestors. Stealing our fish from the sea. They have picked on PEI for long enough and, because of that, will reside at the bottom of this list. By the way, if you want to read a great book about what the seafaring life was like in the Atlantic Provinces you should pick up Rockbound (won Canada Reads in 2005).

All of this because I have pre-pre ordered Binaural for a unlikely move to Canada sometime before 2020....my boss would be pissed if he saw that I spent this much time on putting this together.......
    Post edited by huntersthompson on
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

So happy right now: Yield finally turned up yesterday here in The Netherlands,great surprise to find it being deluvered when I got home. Listening to it now,sounds great indeed. Can't wait for No Code being delivered as well and Binaural being released!

I was thinking about the release of Binaural yesterday afternoon. It was released on May 16, 2000...so if they are waiting for the 20 year anniversary we have 3 1/2 more years to go before it gets released...on the off chance that I will be living in Canada at that time, I have already pre-pre ordered my copy and plan on receiving it in something less than a year after it is available worldwide. I am also betting that I will come out ahead on the exchange rate, which is something that I never really worry about but I might have to should I be living in Canada in 2020...with this impending and unlikely move in mind, I would like to rank the Provinces to which I will doubtfully move much like we try to rank the albums:

1. Prince Edward Island-It is my ancestral home Province...even though the shipping family moved up there from Massachusetts--probably because they were loyalists...
    2. Yukon-I love their potatoes, relative proximity to Alaska and I want to live in a town called Whitehorse...which is the only city/town there...right?
    4. British Colombia-It is the California of Canada. Hip...forward thinking...and kind of like North Korea to the state of Washington-poised to unleash its wrath at any moment.
    5. Ontario-I love Ottawa...it is the first place that I experienced poutine...and the last place that I traveled before requiring a personal cardiologist. They also had a place called the Beer Store...which was fantastic.
    6. Alberta-The skiing is top notch and the people just a step below that...which is still pretty good.
    7. Northwest Territories-In the same vein as wanting to live in a town called Whitehorse, I would love to have my mail arrive in Yellowknife. Seems like both of those cities names should be two words, but in the great Canadian tradition of abhorring the unnecessary use of the space bar, we have them on the map as just one word.
    8. Manitoba and Saskatchewan-Canada's breadbasket. At the risk of pissing folks off from both Provinces, I have lumped them together. While individually alright, they are a powerhouse when put together. Frankly, if they could somehow get the Calgary Rodeo into one of these Provinces, they would move up significantly. Since Alberta isn't letting go of that...well, this is how it falls.
    9. Quebec-I love Quebec and Montreal because it feels like you have really gone somewhere foreign when you visit. It also feels like the French still have a toehold on our continent and may use it as a jumping off point should they decide to attack. Can you love someplace and have great distrust of the same place?
    10. The Atlantic Provinces (aside from PEI)-They are the natural enemies of my ancestors. Stealing our fish from the sea. They have picked on PEI for long enough and, because of that, will reside at the bottom of this list. By the way, if you want to read a great book about what the seafaring life was like in the Atlantic Provinces you should pick up Rockbound (won Canada Reads in 2005).

All of this because I have pre-pre ordered Binaural for a unlikely move to Canada sometime before 2020....my boss would be pissed if he saw this....
    Thank you, Dr. Thompson

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

All of this because I have pre-pre ordered Binaural for a unlikely move to Canada sometime before 2020....my boss would be pissed if he saw that I spent this much time on putting this together.......
    hahahaha this is awesome. very productive friday afternoon i see....hehe
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    sj9966sj9966 UK Posts: 55
    Yield arrived here in the UK today, I got hit for an £11 customs charge. No sign of No code yet, probably get hit on that one as well.

Scranton 1992, Manchester 1 2012, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Wrigley 1 2016, Amsterdam 1 2018, Prague 2018, London 2 2018, EV Madrid 2019, Hyde Park 1 2022, Hyde Park 2 2022

• Options
    Yield arrived in the Netherlands. No customs. Hopefully no code next week.
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,985
    After Yield (two days ago), I received the 7" yesterday (still waiting for No Code, hopefully next week).
  • Options
    in_the_mudin_the_mud Calgary AB Posts: 492
    Calgary is still waiting.
    Warsaw 96/11/01 ; Katowice 00/06/15, Katowice 00/06/16 ; Chicago 03/06/18 ; Chicago 06/05/16 ; Chicago 06/05/17 ; Chicago 07/08/05 ; Boston 08/06/30 ; Philadelphia 09/10/27 ; New York 10/05/20 ; New York 10/05/21 ; Alpine Valley 11/09/03 ; Alpine Valley 11/09/04 ; Wrigley Field 13/07/19 ; Pittsburgh 13/10/11 ; St.Louis 14/10/03
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,941
    sj9966 said:

Yield arrived here in the UK today, I got hit for an £11 customs charge. No sign of No code yet, probably get hit on that one as well.

Buy 2 reissues from 10c, pay expensive shipping fees, wait a month past release date, and then they send separately so get hit double customs charges fees. Never again.

They really need to have a conversation about customer service with TMR.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    I had ordered both on Amazon.ca. yield arrived last week, but I saw no code at the local hmv for a few bucks less so I grabbed it and cancelled the Amazon order. I didn't bother with 10c this time around as I knew I'd be waiting forever and pay a ton in international shipping.
  • Options
    nigelnigel Posts: 267
    Same here - two separate parcels for Yield and No Code - £25 in customs charges in total - ridiculous. Much of what 10c does is great - but in this instance the service has been very poor - why send the two albums separately? And why not send them out from Europe for European customers?

I too will be reflecting much more carefully before ordering anything from 10c in the future - shame...
    tino_11 said:

sj9966 said:

Buy 2 reissues from 10c, pay expensive shipping fees, wait a month past release date, and then they send separately so get hit double customs charges fees. Never again.

They really need to have a conversation about customer service with TMR.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,736
    Will this be the week Pearl Jam's No Code, Yield or the 7" singles from the 10club store make landfall on the East Coast of Canada?
  • Options
    leespjleespj Liverpool Posts: 172
    sj9966 said:

Just been the post office. Same as you received Yield and £11.01 customs charge.
    When these re-issues arrived on the website if they had of told us that they would be available in the UK then there is no way i would have purchased from TenClub.

Absolute joke.
    £46 here for both http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/search.asp?artist=pearl+jam&title=&format=&catalogue=&submit.x=0&submit.y=0
    Currenty i have paid $77.97 (inc shipping $20.99) £55.80 for both Yield, No code and the Turntable slip mat. Add £11.01 on to that too.

Looks like i will pay another £11.01 too when No Code arrives.

£77.82 for 2 LP's and a turntable slip mat. Realistic prive would be about £50.

Pearl Jam

1996-10-28, 2000-05-29, 2006-08-25, 2007-06-21, 2007-06-26, 2009-08-17, 2009-08-18, 2009-10-28, 2010-06-23, 2010-07-03, 2010-07-06, 2010-10-23, 2010-10-24, 2011-09-14, 2011-09-15, 2012-06-20, 2012-06-21, 2012-07-04, 2012-07-05, 2013-10-15, 2013-10-18, 2014-06-26, 2014-06-28, 2014-07-08, 2014-07-11, 2014-10-17, 2014-10-20, 2016-05-02, 2016-05-05, 2018-06-18, 2018-07-03, 2018-07-05, 2022-07-25.

Eddie Vedder

2012-07-28, 2012-07-30, 2012-11-15, 2017-06-11, 2019-06-25, 2019-07-03.

Brad

2013-02-08.

• Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    demetrios said:

Will this be the week Pearl Jam's No Code, Yield or the 7" singles from the 10club store make landfall on the East Coast of Canada?

I really hope so! Its been exactly a month since mine shipped.
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    CloneClone UK Posts: 140
    sj9966 said:

Me too, I'm getting hit with customs with every purchase from the Ten Club.
    I've had to change from buying CDs to buying downloads and I can't justify buying tee shirts and things like that.
    I didn't realise these would be available at Amazon, I could have bought 3 each for the price of postage and custom charge.
  • Options
    xnothingmanxxnothingmanx Suffolk UK Posts: 189
    Clone said:

sj9966 said:

Me too, I'm getting hit with customs with every purchase from the Ten Club.
    I've had to change from buying CDs to buying downloads and I can't justify buying tee shirts and things like that.
    I didn't realise these would be available at Amazon, I could have bought 3 each for the price of postage and custom charge.
    Me too, and I've got the TOTD and mother love bone reissues to come as well. They need a European shop.
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2
  • Options
    Yeah I got hit with the £11.01 charge too, when I went to pay the charge at the post office the woman behind the counter helpfully told me they didn't accept card payments (in 2016, really?!) which pretty much tipped me over the edge.

I have no idea why 10c wouldn't post both the records together and saved everybody the £8 Royal Mail fee. I can only imagine it's in case the package goes missing and they're obliged to replace or refund. I'm pretty much done with buying 10c merch at this point, unless it's something particularly amazing, it's just not worth it, especially galling when you find out you could have got them sooner for cheaper locally.
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    I'm guessing mine are in customs too as they haven't arrived yet so expecting import tax too. 10c shipping is a joke. Over a month to cross the Atlantic. Wouldn't mind but the shipping charged is a joke
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,999

Haven't checked in for a bit. Any variants like a gold etched, dipped in mars ash, green translucent vinyl?

Mars Ash?...yes...the rest of your options are just nonsense and not welcomed on this site....
    Understood. Thanks all for the memories, good and forgettable.
    I love it....when you say "good and forgettable" are you dividing the memories into two groups (one group being good memories and one group being forgettable memories) or designating all of the TenClub memories both good and forgettable? :)

Was meant to be 2 groups but after this thread. ...
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Yield arrived today just outside of Toronto via Canada Post. No extra fees. No damage to product, vinyl in excellent condition. No code maybe will arrive tomorrow.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 835
    hsohi said:

Yield arrived today just outside of Toronto via Canada Post. No extra fees. No damage to product, vinyl in excellent condition. No code maybe will arrive tomorrow.

Great to hear something close to me is getting them.

Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,941
    No yield sticker in mine either. Not a big deal but a little annoying.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    No yield sticker in mine either but I don't care.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    Still waiting for No Code in Nova Scotia...
  • Options
    GummiBeerGummiBeer Newfoundland Canada Posts: 189
    Sept 2 was the ship date for both No Code and Yield, Still waiting here on the Rock. Hope they show soon
    Calgary 04-09-2005
    Edmonton 05-09-2005

"A Thousand Ports of light For the Newfoundland...Theres a Kinder gentler American Band"...EV 25/09/05
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    Singles arrived...I guess the LPs are with customs...never again 10c.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175

Yeah I got hit with the £11.01 charge too, when I went to pay the charge at the post office the woman behind the counter helpfully told me they didn't accept card payments (in 2016, really?!) which pretty much tipped me over the edge.

Was this by any chance in a small town?

Sorry ;-)
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Kearn5y said:

I'm guessing mine are in customs too as they haven't arrived yet so expecting import tax too. 10c shipping is a joke. Over a month to cross the Atlantic. Wouldn't mind but the shipping charged is a joke

Forget crossing the Atlantic, it takes over a month to cross the Canadian-American border ;)
  • Options
    stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    No Code arrived in Montreal today. Still waiting on the singles and Yield.
    You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!