Options

Guns N' Roses Tour:

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    Maybe it'll be Pearl Jam!

(Wasn't there someone in the tour rumor thread back at the beginning of the year who said PJ was gonna open for GnR, :lol: )
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    I guess it's technically feasible, I think it's between fenway and wrigley. I'm not entirely sure how comfortable they would be playing at a concert where tickets were 280 USD.. lol. Then again maybe the guys are fans and it's something they would want to do.

I figured AIC could happen as it's a local show for them so most of them don't have to travel far, and they've already opened a few shows.... and it's Seattle, so that seems like a natural guess to me. PJ would be insane. :)
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    AIC would be perfect for Seattle. They need to move some tickets for that show.
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    CROJAM95 said:

Show was pretty awesome Sunday
    Never thought I'd see Slash plus Axl

Was suppose to go Saturday... Last minute had to sell for face

I'd figured the 2nd show would be sold out

Nope

Live nation sent me a code to buy tix for more than 1/2 off for Sunday

Couldn't pass it up

Got chase lounge sec 220 for like $35 plus fees

Getting home like 230am then waking up at 5 to puke

Then 6am to go to work not so awesome

Glad it's Tuesday :)

I went Saturday. They were incredible. And so glad Lenny Kravitz opened. He played a smidge over an hour and wanted to keep playing.

And I missed Axl's mic throw by 2 rows......

My favorite part of the crowd was the people pretending not to be in their 40's and 50's. One guy had the shorts with flip flops, the flannel shirt tied around his wasted hanging down, bandana, sunglasses and... a leather jacket - in 95 degree weather. He eventually took it off, but was trying waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too hard.

The other was all these 40 and 50 something's buying and wearing shirts that said G'nF'nR and the like. I'm wondering - where exactly are you wearing that T other than to bed after Saturday night? On the job site? In the office? At the kids' soccer/baseball/dance recital? Let's put it this way - if they were actually still able to wear that shirt somewhere - they need to reassess their lives.

That being said - it was nice to see the band back together and smiling. Duff seemed the happiest of all.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I'm glad you're perfect.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,110
    Haha....I think every Hooker/Stripper was there from the Tri-state......The oldies for sure were in a time warp.....I was 10 when Use your illusion 1 & 2 came out and someone in my school gave it to me as a kris kringle gift....The TAPE VERSION....man I think I still have them.

I too bought a shirt at the venue, $40....has the skull dude on it with the cigarettes in his mouth....back says " NOT IN THIS LIFETIME, MTHERFKER" ITS LOUD for sure, I was drunk. I agree its not wearable except for lounging at night time or something.

Didn't get Patience on Sunday...my only regret

CROJAM95 said:

Nope

Couldn't pass it up

I went Saturday. They were incredible. And so glad Lenny Kravitz opened. He played a smidge over an hour and wanted to keep playing.

My favorite part of the crowd was the people pretending not to be in their 40's and 50's. One guy had the shorts with flip flops, the flannel shirt tied around his wasted hanging down, bandana, sunglasses and... a leather jacket - in 95 degree weather. He eventually took it off, but was trying waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too hard.

The other was all these 40 and 50 something's buying and wearing shirts that said G'nF'nR and the like. I'm wondering - where exactly are you wearing that T other than to bed after Saturday night? On the job site? In the office? At the kids' soccer/baseball/dance recital? Let's put it this way - if they were actually still able to wear that shirt somewhere - they need to reassess their lives.

That being said - it was nice to see the band back together and smiling. Duff seemed the happiest of all.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,528

CROJAM95 said:

Nope

Couldn't pass it up

If they can wear a shirt with the F word on it when they are in their 40's and 50's then either they are in a bad situation or we should be jealous of how good they have it.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,929

Do you work in a church or something?

Maybe I'm just from sweden, but I cant picture a place where you cant use it
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I think it's just customary to not wear shirts the the F word on them in North America (you generally wouldn't see an 40 or 50 year old wearing one). It's why I didn't buy a shirt from the last Soundgarden tour cause it said Louder than Fuck on it... it would of been an instant pajama shirt. Then again the graphics on it were really big. I tend to like darker colour shirts with small band logos on the front (and hopefully tour dates on the back). I hate shirts that have a logo that takes up the entire surface area of the shirt... nevermind the swear words.
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 678

CROJAM95 said:

So they should only wear khakis and golf shirts now?
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    It doesn't have the f word, it reads "NOT IN THIS LIFETIME MTHRFKR!"
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Who gives a shit if someone wants to wear a GNR shirt they bought at the show, regardless of what it says.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    I think it's personal preference... I still wear a Velvet Revolver shirt that has a topless stone woman breaking her chains.... Not sure why I don't like swear words.. but yah that's not a swearword... I've been getting emails from gnr after every show trying to sell me that shows shirt, but the gnr logo so big on the front on the shirt, that it's not really the kind of thing I'd wear around. Most of the time I prefer more subtle tour shirts and stuff... just my style. Loved the PJ shirt from Pemberton a few weeks back.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Zod said:

I think it's just customary to not wear shirts the the F word on them in North America (you generally wouldn't see an 40 or 50 year old wearing one). It's why I didn't buy a shirt from the last Soundgarden tour cause it said Louder than Fuck on it... it would of been an instant pajama shirt. Then again the graphics on it were really big. I tend to like darker colour shirts with small band logos on the front (and hopefully tour dates on the back). I hate shirts that have a logo that takes up the entire surface area of the shirt... nevermind the swear words.

Oh, oops. I guess that's why I've been getting dirty looks when I wear my MATT FUCKING CAMERON T to work on casual Fridays?

(kidding...) :smiley:
  • Options

CROJAM95 said:

Nope

Couldn't pass it up

If they can wear a shirt with the F word on it when they are in their 40's and 50's then either they are in a bad situation or we should be jealous of how good they have it.
    Good point.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    halv said:

So they should only wear khakis and golf shirts now?

Ummmmm....not even sure how to answer this, but I think there's a middle ground somewhere, but not sure.
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    I bought my 12 year old a shirt at the Foxboro show last week, and have every intention of sending him to school in it. It didn't have F on it, its the one with the 5 band members in skull form similar to the AFD cover on the front superimposed over crossing pistols and just has the tour dates on back. (cause the awesome event shirt dankind alerted me to was long sold out when I got there unfortunately)

He was the only kid in his elementary school who regularly wore a Van Halen T shirt to school, and he'll be sporting a GnR shirt to middle school..

They are just concert T-shirts, folks buy them as a memory of the night, where they wear them is up to them. Who cares.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :lol: all I ask is you are bathed and your clothes are clean
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Alice in Chains, The Pink Slips (Duff's daughter's band) and "Very Special Guests" to join GNR in Seattle (per Duff's instagram post)
  • Options
    wooo!!!! :) I was right and now I'm extra stoked :)
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    Suziemay said:

Alice in Chains, The Pink Slips (Duff's daughter's band) and "Very Special Guests" to join GNR in Seattle (per Duff's instagram post)

Awesome! :plus_one:

• Options
    Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    That'll be a killer concert. I missed the opener in Toronto but the band was friggin dynamite. So I can only imagine how great that'll be getting to see AIC first!
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,281
    Suziemay said:

this is great news!
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 575
    Seattle show. I know Seattle well, been many times, but wow hotels are minimum $350 a night. Any suggestions to get better then that? I've checked countless websites
  • Options
    I think we did a non-cancellable reservation at a holiday inn express, but that was a few months back. It's on the opposite side of downtown than the stadium though. Downtown Seattle is bitching expensive in the summer. You could try the Moore Hotel. It's low end and no A/C but quite often you can get a room for around 100usd.
  • Options
    You can walk from where you're staying. Takes a bit, but possible. I've done it for Seahawks, Mariners, etc
    Tried the Moore it's sold out

Just can't justify $350usd a night and don't want to drive anywhere after. Will keep looking. Stupid to not have booked earlier
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,281
    yeah, I hate to tell you but a summer Friday night in seattle, AND a concert... You're probably Fucked. It would may be way cheaper to get a room outside of town and Uber in. Or if your not a drinker, rent a car. Just my two cents, Good luck!
  • Options
    Drinking is the issue....lol

Didn't know you have uber. That could be the best bet, thanks
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 794
    Just remember sometimes the Uber ride adds up due to the price spikes during shows. In Greenville we took an Uber literally 2.5 miles in no traffic, most on the highway and it cost $30 each way.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,880
    Got in after midnight fresh from the Fenway shows and now I have to rally for the GnR show tonight in SF. I'm frickin' beat!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2