Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

A great read for understanding why average players like Mike Conley are being overpaid
    and the current NBA TV contract....
    http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-nba-tv-contract-isn-t-sustainable-070616

I'm sure glad I don't have cable to watch ESPN, the bubble is about to burst as ESPN as stated in the article for the last three years are losing subscribers.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    at least we agree on RUSH!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    It's now official Spur great Tim *Deacon*Duncon is retiring after 19 seasons and third on the all time win list. He's only behind Kareem #1 and Robert *The Chief* Parrish #2......all the best Tim you shoulda been a CELTIC.

PEACE
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    He would've been a Sixer if the Spurs didn't tank.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

He would've been a Sixer if the Spurs didn't tank.

In that draft the Celtics had two picks in the top five and still couldn't hit the #1 pick get get Tim. :sucked:

Peace

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,164
    There certainly will never be another one Like Tim Duncan. The sacrifices he made to win are incredible. The Money and stats he left on the table, plus the Spurs could have won maybe 2-3 more titles Derek Fisher shot, Dallas game 7 that one year, Ray Allen miracle

A class act all around

Only 2nd player to ever win a title in 3 different decades

THE BIG FUNDEMENTAL

A True Legend

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    CROJAM95 said:

There certainly will never be another one Like Tim Duncan. The sacrifices he made to win are incredible. The Money and stats he left on the table, plus the Spurs could have won maybe 2-3 more titles Derek Fisher shot, Dallas game 7 that one year, Ray Allen miracle

A class act all around

Only 2nd player to ever win a title in 3 different decades

THE BIG FUNDEMENTAL

A True Legend

Couldn't agree more.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Duncan is the second-best player (after Jordan) of my life-time.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    the second OT in summer league games is sudden death.

who knew??

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Wobbie said:

who knew??

what? That's bizarre.

I mean it's bizarre that you are watching summer league at 430 on a Wednesday.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

You never saw Rik Smits play apparently
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Or George Mureson
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

Or George Mureson
    Exactly. How many movies has Tim Duncan starred in???
  • Options
    Jason P said:

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

Or George Mureson
    You are always the most rational person on the board. Thank you for being you.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Wobbie said:

who knew??

what? That's bizarre.

seeing as how I'm in a "one pro team city" (MLS doesn't count), we get highlights.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

Or George Mureson
    You are always the most rational person on the board. Thank you for being you.
    I put the ration in rational!

• Options
    Wobbie said:

mrussel1 said:

Wobbie said:

who knew??

what? That's bizarre.

seeing as how I'm in a "one pro team city" (MLS doesn't count), we get highlights.
    Yes you may have only one pro team but with that scenario you may choose any near by pro team without coming off as a fraud.

Peace

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    g under p said:

Wobbie said:

mrussel1 said:

Wobbie said:

who knew??

what? That's bizarre.

Yes you may have only one pro team but with that scenario you may choose any near by pro team without coming off as a fraud.

Peace

He is a fair weathered fan. Ditched the Giants last season for Astros. He is always a fraud.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

g under p said:

Wobbie said:

mrussel1 said:

Wobbie said:

who knew??

what? That's bizarre.

Peace

He is a fair weathered fan. Ditched the Giants last season for Astros. He is always a fraud.
    Well it's an even year, so Giants' time...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

g under p said:

Wobbie said:

mrussel1 said:

Wobbie said:

who knew??

what? That's bizarre.

Peace

Nah, I feel a big World Series win is coming for the Red Sox and send Big Papi off into infamy. Say goodbye to the retired #34.

Peace

• Options
    g under p said:

mrussel1 said:

g under p said:

Wobbie said:

mrussel1 said:

Wobbie said:

who knew??

what? That's bizarre.

Peace

Nah, I feel a big World Series win is coming for the Red Sox and send Big Papi off into infamy. Say goodbye to the retired #34.

Peace

Watch out for the Tribe with that starting rotation. Michael Brantley will be back shortly and we'll pick up a bat and maybe an arm for the pen. CITY OF CHAMPIONS!
  • Options
    You make laugh with the saying COChampions. I love Cleveland as I would often drive there from MD to visit my cousin for Xmas. However, to call it COC is a bit too early but we shall see. I must say though nothing made me happier than seeing the Cavs win that championship. At the very least it shutUP the nay sayers down here in S. FL. Man were they ever giving Lebron hell for leaving.

Peace

• Options
    g under p said:

You make laugh with the saying COChampions. I love Cleveland as I would often drive there from MD to visit my cousin for Xmas. However, to call it COC is a bit too early but we shall see. I must say though nothing made me happier than seeing the Cavs win that championship. At the very least it shutUP the nay sayers down here in S. FL. Man were they ever giving Lebron hell for leaving.

Peace

Cleveland people say it as a joke. We know our history. We just think it's funny... Or at least I do.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Wake Forest has not been relevant since Duncan was drafted. The Spurs won 50 games in all but one season he played (the strike shortened season, on pace for 60).
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    g under p said:

A great read for understanding why average players like Mike Conley are being overpaid
    and the current NBA TV contract....
    http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-nba-tv-contract-isn-t-sustainable-070616

I'm sure glad I don't have cable to watch ESPN, the bubble is about to burst as ESPN as stated in the article for the last three years are losing subscribers.

Peace

I think Mike Conley is damn good...Grizz were 1 of the worst teams in the NBA before he got there, Randolph was bouncing around the league, Gasol was just trade bait with Kwame so the Lakers could get Pau.... Then the Grizzlies have been a playoff contender nearly every year.... He only misses all star games because he is in a small market, and dudes like CP3, who I believe is tremendously overrated gets the nod.
  • Options
    CP3 has been the most under-rated defender in the league for years. Using the motion tracking stats they showed he is the best defensive guard in the NBA by far. Not in steals or +/- and that bullshit. But by how well players shoot when he is the primary defender.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

CP3 has been the most under-rated defender in the league for years. Using the motion tracking stats they showed he is the best defensive guard in the NBA by far. Not in steals or +/- and that bullshit. But by how well players shoot when he is the primary defender.

Impressive. I would have guess Klay, overall.
  • Options
    Here is the article from last year. Harvard dorks used the motion tracking stats to come up with a better way to gauge defense.

grantland.com/features/department-of-defense/
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    For some reason I stopped on comedy central to watch some of the roast of Justin Bieber. Kevin Hart introduced Shaquille O'Neal and when he did, he shook Kevin hart's hand. Now I know Hart is somewhat short. 5'6 or 5'7. He literally only came up to Shaq's waist. It's amazing to see how fucking tall Shaq is when he's not standing next to other basketball players.

When Shaq was finished, he went to shake Biebers hand. Bieber was on a pedestal and still wasn't taller than shaq.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    :rofl:
    I expect Derick Rose to be suspended for drug use shortly. This is fucking hilarious:

"With these teams right now, they're saying us and Golden State are the super teams, and they're trying not to build that many super teams, and [commissioner] Adam Silver came out with the statement and this and that,"
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle